Most pain you've ever been in?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The most pain I've ever experienced was after having a very large fibroid removed laparascopically. When surgery is done in this way the abdominal cavity is pumped up with CO2 gas to make it easier for the surgeon to carry out the procedure and this gas then has to gradually dissipate over the next couple of days. It was excruciating - I had all the pain from the actual surgery and what felt like the worst trapped wind ever. My abdomen felt so bloated I thought my stitches might burst. One other thing I found really painful was a hysteroscopy, as I haven't had children my cervix is still tight and having a hysteroscope pushed up through it into my womb was incredibly painful - if I ever have to have that done again they will have to sedate me, otherwise that thing is coming nowhere near me. I nearly passed out because my blood pressure plummeted due to the pain. 🤢🤢🤢

• Sad
Reactions: 1
When i broke my leg. Actually breaking it didnt hurt, what did hurt is when the strapped it up to the board to keep it stable. I've NEVER felt pain like it i thought i would pass out. It was searing, like a hot knife was cuting my leg off, i couldnt see, everything wemt black all j could hear was ringing in my ears and I just kept yelling its in my ears its i. My ears!! They undid the straps amd the relief was immense.
Ive had 2 labours, migranes, tooth absesses. Nothing was as painful as that!!

• Wow
Ectopic pregnancy. The most excruciating pain I have ever felt both physically and mentally

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Ectopic pregnancy. The most excruciating pain I have ever felt both physically and mentally
I had the same. Sorry about your loss and pain. Did your tube burst? My did and I collapsed at home and lucky I made it to the hospital in time. Lost half my blood as well. The surgery was so painful but also being in a hospital with woman who just had babies was mentally hard. Big hug ❤

Reactions: 2
Without a doubt it has to be when I was induced with my second child. I have NEVER felt pain like no other, it's was so horrendous that i wanted to die in that moment.

Kidney stones, I’ve had 3 c sections (1 that got infected), multiple operations, chronic illnesses and kidney stones beats all of them a million times over 🤢

• Sad
I had the same. Sorry about your loss and pain. Did your tube burst? My did and I collapsed at home and lucky I made it to the hospital in time. Lost half my blood as well. The surgery was so painful but also being in a hospital with woman who just had babies was mentally hard. Big hug ❤
No luckily. Sorry to hear that

mine burst whilst at hospital - I was being checked for an ectopic so luckily I was in the right place & was taken straight in to surgery. The pain was definitely the worst pain I’ve ever felt in my whole life though.

• Sad
Tooth abscess and a cracked tooth, and a botched treatment from my usual NHS dentist in which included a weird/horrible experience with the injection process as well. It was months and further surgery via a private dentist paid for by money from my very generous grandmother before I was "normal" in any way again, and longer still before I recovered from the mental trauma. I don't think I'll ever really get over it, though and I think the whole thing contributed to the nervous breakdown I had that year. Still haunts me a bit and I can't think of 2016 as anything other than the worst year of my life.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Kidney stones....the last one I had caused a blockage which then built up an infection that led to sepsis in my kidney.

• Sad
4 Wisdom teeth removed whilst under, think they literally ragged my mouth about. Bruised swollen face for 10 days, nil by mouth for 7 (lots 7lb for my hols tho win win) then infection, dry socket and an undissolved stitch. I was a pain and felt sooo sorry for myself. Yet to have a baby so I'm worried that will be worse haha

• Wow
breaking my humerus bone ....i genuinely thought i would never be able to summon the strength to get off the ground..horrific and i went into shock and had to be wrapped in ine of those London marathon style metal wrap things
I broke my humerus bone in 2 places too- never felt pain like it and I’ve given birth twice! I had to be given morphine and gas and air for them to stand me up!!

Infection after having wisdom teeth out or c section ...... I can’t decide which was worse!
Do you mean you had an infection after your c-section also? Or just the c-section in its own right? I just had my first baby back in October...12 days overdue...failed induction....couldn’t get at my cervix to break the water... literally horrific. Could not and will not ever put myself in that situation again. C-section would be the only way I could ever birth a future child but just curious how people found them. I know some friends who said they were grand, and then others said they were tough. All I know is what I experienced was horrific, and I was ready to die.

I had surgery on my foot when I was 19. I (stupidly) went arse over tit in public, broke my foot and literally snapped one of the tiny bones in half. Spend six months back and forth with recovery and physio and have an amazing scar now

Nope I was not drunk. Derby isn’t the nicest place to walk 😂

Do you mean you had an infection after your c-section also? Or just the c-section in its own right? I just had my first baby back in October...12 days overdue...failed induction....couldn’t get at my cervix to break the water... literally horrific. Could not and will not ever put myself in that situation again. C-section would be the only way I could ever birth a future child but just curious how people found them. I know some friends who said they were grand, and then others said they were tough. All I know is what I experienced was horrific, and I was ready to die.
I’ve had a natural birth (although induced and needed intervention) and two C-sections one of which was emergency. I would much rather give birth naturally. C-section is major surgery and I lost a lot of blood after my emergency one and got an infection and was ill for quite a while. Decided to have an elective one next but had problems with that one too but not as bad just problem with the spinal.

Everyone is different though but that’s my experience of sections.

Personally for me physically it has to be an emergency C section, although it's not what I wanted it was advised, it's definitely the recevory process after- I had e-coli and sepsis and was in hospital after for about 2 weeks after and 2 weeks before my induced labour.

Mentally I'd have to say losing my Mum (46) suddenly to a heart condition, to witness that at the age 21 still haunts me now, the grief is like nothing I've ever experienced and then losing my Nan just before Christmas as well after having a stroke. Life is so cruel!

• Sad
Reactions: 5