Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is so sad, so cruel for the poor puppy and Molly must be heartbroken that’s such a horrible thing to happen especially when it’s a dog she’s been handed. I saw that other celebs have got their dogs from the same place as well. It’s a puppy farm but it’s dressed up as a glamorous puppy breeder. Why the hell would any informed person buy their first dog from Russia having never even seen it or it’s parents and siblings first? There’s so many adverts on tv about puppies from puppy farms dying after a few days etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Bet they get a replacement from Tiffany's though...damage control and all that 🙄

There's a reason she's licensed in Wales when she lives in England, and that is so she can still import dogs without breaking Lucy's law, as this only English law.

I really wish people would educate themselves. Why would you EVER look at their website or Instagram page and think, 'yeah, this looks like a great, non puppy farm breeder and the pups are so reasonably priced at a measly minimum of 5grand' 🤦🏼‍♀️

She will wriggle out of this, again! And continue importing sickly pups from her puppy farm friends in Russia 🙄

Edit to add,

I actually hope Molly looks in to it more! I know she won't expose Tiffany's as a puppy mill to her fans but I think refusing the next free pup, she will have already been offered, would be a good start!

The fact all imported dogs need to be vet checked and have a certificate before they're accepted on a flight, to me, also proves Tiffany's love creating bogus paperwork. No way that pup was ever fit to fly.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Urghhh, first time posting in this thread, mainly because I can't stop thinking about this entire situation, and I shall tell you why.

Last Thursday, my 1 year old springer spaniel died, 10 days before hand he was acting a little odd, we called the vet who video called us, said he had likely eaten something, 2 days later, we took him into see a vet (emergency only due to covid-19 so he was in the room, I was chatting through the window) all his lymph nodes were up, and the vet believed it was either sepsis, or, lymphoma - lymphoma being extremely rare in a 1 year old springer - started antibiotics, steroids and anti inflammatory, we decided that if it was lymphoma we would start chemo (doesn't cure, but gives them extra time) but, he didn't get better, he got much worse, very quickly.
More calls and visits to the vet, booked him in for bloods, xrays, the whole works, only for the vet to call me whilst he was sedated and tell me his entire body was full of cancer, at 1 year old. We didn't get to say goodbye, he passed away on the table.
It was my sons 16th birthday the same day.

That dog was 1. He was my baby, my kids best friend, and my older dogs best friend.

So, here's my view, because of what I've just been through -

Molly must be absolutely devastated, because that puppy, despite where it came from, or how long she had it, she had expected a life together, as we had with Hugo, for Mr chai to get so sick so quickly must have stopped her in her tracks, and whilst I absolutely do not agree with importing dogs (unless rescue from correct charities and done by the book ect) I think she really will be like a lost little girl right now.

Losing a dog so young is so sad, 2 years ago we lost a 16 year old dog to old age, and that, whilst heartbreaking, was a different pain compared to losing such a young dog.

I can't imagine how hard it is people calling them. Animal killers, and it will be with her forever, but I do not agree with how much stick they are getting, I truly don't think it was ever in their minds this could happen. Are they Nieve? absolutely.

If someone, anyone, blamed me for my boy passing away, it would destroy me, he was so loved, an absolute legend of a dog, but he was very likely to have been born with a faulty gene / whatever it is, led to him getting very sick, very quickly, and he will be missed forever, I think the only thing that can be taken from this for molly and Tommy is that the puppy was lucky enough to have been in medical care when he passed away - rather than stuck in Russia, God knows with who/what conditions, or whilst travelling.

Do I think molly and Tommy are absolutely heartbroken? Yes. Definitely.
Do I think they should have imported a dog? No, but I believe they trusted the breeder.
Do I think they deserve even half the backlash? Absolutely not, it's disgusting, fair enough be upset, but some are being so cruel it's just shocking.

Anyway, sorry for the giant essay. 😳

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
Also, fun challenge for everyone here, find a photo of puppies with their parents on their insta. Good luck, there are none. How is that not a huge red flag to anyone who has done any research whatsoever about getting a puppy.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I just don't get the "she's so young" thing. She is old enough to buy a living, breathing, animal. She should have done her research in to the breed to see if it was right for her and her lifestyle. Animals are not fashion accessories.

I have seen comments on articles saying that people don't know about puppy farms, and that they in fact at 40 years old were just learning about them. Sorry, but she is gen z, she has grown up around social media and easy to access information on the internet. If you do just the tiniest bit of research in to buying a dog, you know about puppy farms. There have been lots of news stories and documentaries on it. As someone who has grown up on the internet, and makes a very good living on it, I don't buy that she was too young and naive to Google who she was getting this puppy from.

Saying all that, she does have my sympathy for what has happened, no one deserves to have their pet die at such a young age. I only hope she uses this experience to stop others from having to go through the same thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Or hopefully she’ll speak out and talk about how she has learnt her lesson, her awful experience and encourage others not to use breeders.

Really hope the woman that provides them gets looked into, as someone else commented on here that a few other ones had also died.
I watched the YouTube video they uploaded and Molly came across very well. She’s mature for her age and clearly has sense, whether they’ve been advised what to say or not. Tommy on the other hand, don’t know what to make of him.

I just don't get the "she's so young" thing. She is old enough to buy a living, breathing, animal. She should have done her research in to the breed to see if it was right for her and her lifestyle. Animals are not fashion accessories.

I have seen comments on articles saying that people don't know about puppy farms, and that they in fact at 40 years old were just learning about them. Sorry, but she is gen z, she has grown up around social media and easy to access information on the internet. If you do just the tiniest bit of research in to buying a dog, you know about puppy farms. There have been lots of news stories and documentaries on it. As someone who has grown up on the internet, and makes a very good living on it, I don't buy that she was too young and naive to Google who she was getting this puppy from.

Saying all that, she does have my sympathy for what has happened, no one deserves to have their pet die at such a young age. I only hope she uses this experience to stop others from having to go through the same thing.
An ex colleague of mine was getting a puppy for his family and he hadn’t heard of puppy farms either until someone in the office said something about it. It turned out it was a puppy farm as well.
I do feel awful for her, and she has come across very well following what happened but I can’t help but wonder what research she actually did, other than asking her mate Laura Anderson where her dog came from.

Reactions: 1
I can't see her accepting another dog from Tiffany Puppies. Although she didn't name them in the video, she didn't have to - she'd plastered their name all over instagram beforehand. And she went on to say that she wouldn't have another puppy imported from Russia and she hopes their followers learn from their mistakes. She's indirectly blaming the breeder.

That is pretty damning if you wanted to continue a relationship in future - not to mention she would make herself look like a massive hypocrite.

Yes I think they will get another dog fairly soon, and there's nothing wrong with that. As long as they use a reputable breeder in the UK this time, which I'm sure they will.

Reactions: 8
I don’t buy the ‘they are just young’ script. She is an adult, who obviously has enough brains to make money and live. If your old enough to buy a pet your old enough to research so that excuse is bull.
The fact they have made a YouTube video where they will receive money from is disgusting. Shows that the video is only for damage limitation and to protect their brand deal.
The only sympathy I have in this is these poor animals 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I can't see her accepting another dog from Tiffany Puppies. Although she didn't name them in the video, she didn't have to - she'd plastered their name all over instagram beforehand. And she went on to say that she wouldn't have another puppy imported from Russia and she hopes their followers learn from their mistakes. She's indirectly blaming the breeder.

That is pretty damning if you wanted to continue a relationship in future - not to mention she would make herself look like a massive hypocrite.

Yes I think they will get another dog fairly soon, and there's nothing wrong with that. As long as they use a reputable breeder in the UK this time, which I'm sure they will.
I was really surprised when she openly mentioned the fact that ‘people’ told them to just replace it and nobody would know!

I don’t buy the ‘they are just young’ script. She is an adult, who obviously has enough brains to make money and live. If your old enough to buy a pet your old enough to research so that excuse is bull.
The fact they have made a YouTube video where they will receive money from is disgusting. Shows that the video is only for damage limitation and to protect their brand deal.
The only sympathy I have in this is these poor animals 💔
One point that made me laugh was the way she says they’ve wanted a dog for the “longest time”. They’ve not even been together a year for Christ sake!

Reactions: 2
This is the results of people wanting ‘designer’ purebred puppies. The demand IE idiots buying them and promoting them on insta is directly responsible for the poor breeding conditions that these puppies will suffer through.

These puppies are bred for looks, not health.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Personally I do get the so young thing. Because 20 years olds make big mistakes a lot of the time. They just get away with them not being in the public eye.

Reactions: 10
Personally I do get the so young thing. Because 20 years olds make big mistakes a lot of the time. They just get away with them not being in the public eye.
I get it too. She may act mature in some instances but 20 IS young. Yes, she’s old enough to travel have money and piss money on designer tit but does she have life experience? Hell no. This is probably her first look at loss and responsibility. I got my first cat at 20 and if she’d have passed in a similar situation I’d have been absolutely broken.

my parents have had German shepherds almost my whole life,but the only positive I guess is that we’ve always used a kennel club breeder who are very particular about who they breed with to ensure the breed doesn’t end up deformed. Seeing a puppies parents is a huge thing and very important.

I do hope they’ve learned their lesson and that their young viewers will remember this and do the same when it comes to it. I hope too they donate to charity and follow through on what they say.

Reactions: 10
I genuinely feel sorry for them. I’m not huge tommy or Molly-Mae fans, though I do quite like her. Yes they could have done more research, general research and research on their specific breeder. Ive read an article about that breeder, so i know its out there for people to see.
What I find sad is that people are saying they wont believe a word she says until she donates a hefty sum to an animal charity. If she does that she’ll get the “too little too late” “stop trying to make yourself look good” comments.
People are slating them for taking the dog to the park and the supermarket. But if she was at the park or the supermarket without the dog she would have received backlash for leaving the dog at home alone.
I agree there is very much right and wrong been done but it seems they can’t win or do anything right. And she looks absolutely heartbroken, and to me it seems she genuinely has learned a lesson. I just think they don’t deserve the hard time they're getting over it.

Reactions: 19
I definitely get that, Christ knows I fucked up a lot in my early 20s, but I didn’t have a publicist/management team to guide me. Surely when you’re making big decisions like that, you check with the people who help to manage your public image?

Reactions: 4
I definitely get that, Christ knows I fucked up a lot in my early 20s, but I didn’t have a publicist/management team to guide me. Surely when you’re making big decisions like that, you check with the people who help to manage your public image?

Exactly so either they did guide her and they are at fault or they didn't and she's no different to all the 20 years old without that guidance.

me me me, now now now culture. To buy a fit, healthy pedigree dog you need to make contact with a reputable breeder, via the kennel club. This may mean months of waiting for your "dream" dog due to proper breeding. Dog ownership is not "how much is that doggy in the window".

• Heart
Reactions: 16
So sad for them to lose such a young dog so quickly after getting it. When it comes to neurological or birth defects that you can't see on the outside, it doesn't matter where they got it from. It would have had them problems regardless.
Bit different but my mom brought a springer spaniel off a traveller cheaper than normal but wasn't kennel club registered. He had to have a operation at 4 months as both his elbows hadn't formed properly. Apparently a common thing in springers. And only pure breads get this problem. So doesn't matter if you get it on the cheap or expensive something can happen and you not know or prevent it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.