Molly-Mae Hague #6 Every little helps, pair of absolute melts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand why I’m her new vlog she’s talking about her diet, saying she’s being “good”, but she’s cut out carbs and can’t have chocolate? That isn’t being good, that’s controlling food in a negative way. With a young fan base it really isn’t good to speak about food in such a negative way. Carbs aren’t bad, chocolate isn’t bad, it’s all in moderation and she should know better.
Molly said that she struggled with eating disorders in the past maybe she’s still carrying / juggling those old thoughts with her, I mean as someone who also had an ED I had the exact same mentality as her with carbs are bad had to avoid then but I can treat myself to chocolate or some wine gums, She needs to outgrow them, but that doesn’t justify her telling her brainwashed impressionable young Fiat 500 audience that she’s avoiding carbs because these children will end up copying her

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Quite convenient that her vlog dropped yesterday and now its on the BBC twitter about the ASA complaint. Only 12 people complained though apparently out of 2 million enteries i’m surprised, were those 12 all from Tattle? 🤣

I’m surprised that there’s no actual ramifications seeing as this is the second time she’s been done by the ASA. One article about it & that’s the consequence? Its no wonder influencers get away with literally everything 🙄

Reactions: 20
Reactions: 23
And the ruling itself: https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/molly-mae-hague-g20-1078674-molly-mae-hague.html

Agreed there needs to be stronger repercussions for influencers breaking the law. Molly’s giveaway inspired a bunch of other influencers to do scam giveaways like this but they’ve flown under the radar.
Charlotte Dawson had a very similar giveaway a few weeks ago , wonder if she followed the rules 🤔

Reactions: 2
Charlotte Dawson had a very similar giveaway a few weeks ago , wonder if she followed the rules 🤔
Yeah I’ve seen every other influencer on my feed do one of these giveaways. The short answer is that none of them are following the rules. These giveaways say an entry = following an account and sharing a post to your story, but it’s impossible to track all the people who do this. So the winner is decided by manually picking a small subset of ‘entrants’ instead picking from the entire pool, which is against the law set out for how giveaways should be conducted.

Influencers have jumped on this because it’s basically a free and easy way of growing followers and getting exposure for their brands. Unfortunately the people participating don’t realise that their entry is in all likelihood never going to be counted so they’ve basically just done free advertising for an influencer.

Reactions: 16
She should be reported to the ASA for constantly complaining she has tit skin THEN promoting skincare all whilst using a filter

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think more people should report the influencers doing the competitions it’s now very obvious it’s to gain followers how much more does molly need though ?

Reactions: 12
People on twitter defend MM more than they would their own families i’m sure of it, all the recent tweets about her. She can do no wrong in their eyes, also ukgossip posted about it on IG and people are missing the point entirely.

Reactions: 33
I’ve always wondered why her fans are so protective and obsessive. It’s honestly not normal. It’s not as if she’s talented or likeable.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Maybe I acted like these #OhPolly huns when I was 10 and JLS were my life (don’t judge me). But I was 10, these girls are in their 20’s. Freaks

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Molly said that she struggled with eating disorders in the past maybe she’s still carrying / juggling those old thoughts with her, I mean as someone who also had an ED I had the exact same mentality as her with carbs are bad had to avoid then but I can treat myself to chocolate or some wine gums, She needs to outgrow them, but that doesn’t justify her telling her brainwashed impressionable young Fiat 500 audience that she’s avoiding carbs because these children will end up copying her
TW:ED TALK.

That’s sad, I didn’t realise she had struggled. I did want to say it leaned towards disordered eating but I don’t like diagnosing people in that way. If she wants to be more healthy, props to her, but “diets” can be restricting and reinforce a negative relationship with food, like she is doing. “Diets” like that are not sustainable at all, she should work on a healthy relationship with food. She even said the night of Tommy’s fight she ended up buying a load of take out and her stomach ended up hurting. She shouldn’t be broadcasting that to her followers. Clearly her relationship with food isn’t mended if she sees certain foods as bad and is restricting herself from eating them. Maybe she should get help with that instead of projecting her food issues onto a vulnerable/naive audience.

Reactions: 8
People on twitter defend MM more than they would their own families i’m sure of it, all the recent tweets about her. She can do no wrong in their eyes, also ukgossip posted about it on IG and people are missing the point entirely.
Yeah I just saw on UKGossipTv ig comments about this that people think complaints were made cause the winner was black

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Yeah I just saw on UKGossipTv ig comments about this that people think complaints were made cause the winner was black
Will never fail to baffle me how people manage to miss the point every single time. Now people will be falling over themselves to defend molly because they think it makes them racist if they don't without realising that it's not benefitting the winner if they defend molly. It's just benefitting molly, a white girl who couldn't give less of a duck about the black community.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
I’ve always wondered why her fans are so protective and obsessive. It’s honestly not normal. It’s not as if she’s talented or likeable.
Is it because she’s at a reachable level of ‘fame’. Most people can go on LI, I’ve had friends who have been contacted for it. Maybe people think if they go on they will come out and have this ‘perfect’ life that she portrays.

Utter delusion really and it won’t last long for her if she hasn’t invested wisely.

Reactions: 9
These people are deluded - what was the ASA meant to do? They could’ve hardly written in the report “even though she broke the law Molly is such a nice girl who gets too much hate and spent £8000 of her own money at Louis Vuitton... I guess we will let it slide this time xxx”. It’s like people can’t conceive what it must be like to not have your head up an influencer’s backside. The ASA are just doing their job, and if it broke the law it broke the law, what other conclusion could they have come to?

And people still aren't understanding the issue - even if only got like 10,000 entrants, she still wouldn't have been able to include all of them in the draw. The way you enter these scammy giveaways (follows, tags, story posts etc) means that it is impossible to gather every single entrant once you get into the thousands. The point is that the giveaway was doomed to be unfair from the outset, which is why it shouldn't have been done in the first place. The "she had millions of entrants, what was she meant to do" is an irrelevant point. There's a reason why normal giveaways require you to enter via a form (e.g. subscribe to a mailing list)... influencers have been operating outside of the law on this one, and Molly is just the example they have made.

Attachments

Reactions: 32
Hilarious how she's framing the ASA complaint as being unfair on her in her latest vlog. She broke the rules, how is that unfair?

And also implying those who contacted the ASA were people who'd entered it - I bet all the complainants didn't even enter and were just people who have to follow ASA law and were annoyed someone as influential as her was openly breaking it...

The comments below the vlog are deluded. Someone is saying that the ASA itself - an agency to uphold law - is jealous it didn't win... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.