Molly-Mae Hague #36 Mumsnet for cats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another person that think 4 weeks equals a month šŸ˜“ she definitely is not 3 months as my little one was born the day before and he was 12 weeks yesterday / 3 months next weekend

Reactions: 20
Ugh itā€™s my pet hate when people do 1 month as 4 weeks and 2 months as 8 weeks etc! How can you be so thick!?!

Reactions: 25
I wish more celebs and influencers would be honest about and promote real noses. I know it would make a lot of people, myself included, more confident about the non perfect features we were given. I honestly go on Instagram, and even though deep down I know better, I scroll and scroll and question why every single person seems to have these beautiful, small button noses, or a little ski slope nose and perfect smooth skin and thenā€¦.thereā€™s me.
Omg you need to watch Stephanie Lange's YouTube channel. So so good if you're ever having a wobble with your self confidence because of social media ā¤

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I wish more celebs and influencers would be honest about and promote real noses. I know it would make a lot of people, myself included, more confident about the non perfect features we were given. I honestly go on Instagram, and even though deep down I know better, I scroll and scroll and question why every single person seems to have these beautiful, small button noses, or a little ski slope nose and perfect smooth skin and thenā€¦.thereā€™s me.
This is exactly the point I made a few pages back when I posted about how I felt after I saw Molly in real life after comparing my appearance to hers on Instagram (before she went on love island). She, along with so many other successful influencers had portrayed herself online as this picture perfect feminine face with perfect symmetry, sharp defined bone structure, tiny nose, plump lips, super tan, tiny figure etc. I personally liked how I look but when youā€™re constantly served up this same image over and over on social media regardless of whether youā€™re following them or not - you are inevitably going to think thereā€™s something wrong with your normal bigger sized nose, smaller lips and so on.

I couldnā€™t believe that when I saw her in the flesh, not only did she look nothing like what Iā€™d been seeing and comparing to but one thing that really stood out to me personally was her nose as lo and behold it was bigger than my own. This doesnā€™t mean ā€˜uglyā€™ or less than, it simply means that she along with many others have been covering up something completely NORMAL to have and instead, morphing themselves into something unrealistic for millions of women to compare themselves to. The facetuning these influencers do IS dangerous as it adds to the unrealistic beauty standard us women are subject to.

I will continue to post what mollymae actually looks like on here even if it means it stops at least one person from comparing their appearance to what they were seeing on her social media/branding. By doing this, itā€™s not to say sheā€™s ugly - beauty is entirely subjective! Itā€™s just to show her real face vs what she pretends is.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I've had it with her. She has an enormous platform and not only is she destroying the self esteem of women everywhere with her impossible beauty standards ... She might also encourage another cohort of mums to stop breastfeeding earlier than they'd like.
We have low breastfeeding rates in the UK and it's because there's so much misunderstanding around what is normal baby behaviour, not helped by celebs

Reactions: 25
I wonder who gave her this advice, where did the idea of not feeding the baby in the night come from??

Reactions: 13
Really hope they don't put her in another room with a white noise machine so they don't hear her. Wouldn't have thought you could sleep through if you could hear your baby crying. Once you're awake you might as well just feed. Unless this is the 'training' stage.

Reactions: 11
Sydney's is better (sorry Molly)
Itā€™s just a bit much tho innit? Itā€™s sad that they canā€™t enjoy something like the birth of their babies without making a big scene for Instagram. They canā€™t even have a beautiful moment like bringing home their baby in privacy without staging a massive photo opportunity complete with balloons and flowers and money spent to boast. Sad really.

It also creeps me out a bit how these girls seem to find a partner, angle for engagement and then pop a baby out, itā€™s all very Stepford Wives-ish. Creating the perfect ā€œhappy familyā€, ā€œhasnā€™t she got it all?ā€ kind of lives for their viewers. I donā€™t know. Just seems like a rite of passage they seem to religiously follow because everyone else is doing it, and they donā€™t wanna be left out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 51
duck the cardboard coffins and balloons if my boyfriend doesnā€™t have a banquet of Chinese food, Indian food and a side of McDonaldā€™s for me after I give birth then idk what to say

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Omg you need to watch Stephanie Lange's YouTube channel. So so good if you're ever having a wobble with your self confidence because of social media ā¤
This is exactly the point I made a few pages back when I posted about how I felt after I saw Molly in real life after comparing my appearance to hers on Instagram (before she went on love island). She, along with so many other successful influencers had portrayed herself online as this picture perfect feminine face with perfect symmetry, sharp defined bone structure, tiny nose, plump lips, super tan, tiny figure etc. I personally liked how I look but when youā€™re constantly served up this same image over and over on social media regardless of whether youā€™re following them or not - you are inevitably going to think thereā€™s something wrong with your normal bigger sized nose, smaller lips and so on.

I couldnā€™t believe that when I saw her in the flesh, not only did she look nothing like what Iā€™d been seeing and comparing to but one thing that really stood out to me personally was her nose as lo and behold it was bigger than my own. This doesnā€™t mean ā€˜uglyā€™ or less than, it simply means that she along with many others have been covering up something completely NORMAL to have and instead, morphing themselves into something unrealistic for millions of women to compare themselves to. The facetuning these influencers do IS dangerous as it adds to the unrealistic beauty standard us women are subject to.

I will continue to post what mollymae actually looks like on here even if it means it stops at least one person from comparing their appearance to what they were seeing on her social media/branding. By doing this, itā€™s not to say sheā€™s ugly - beauty is entirely subjective! Itā€™s just to show her real face vs what she pretends is.
Thank you @Alltherage I will definitely check her out. I struggle hugely with low self esteem and itā€™s really bad. Made all the worse by the fact I have a teen daughter who I am trying to teach all the right things (whilst not even believing what I am saying). Just feel pissed off at myself.
I remember that post @sydneymae - it does help to know for definite that the Instagram version is fake but itā€™s still so damaging. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think itā€™s going to be so interesting what all these children splashed all over Instagram are going to make of it when they grow up.
Like those Sydney Crouch photos, I donā€™t follow her, but why arenā€™t you sat staring at your baby when theyā€™re so new instead of getting the pose right ready for Instagram šŸ™„

Reactions: 13
sydney crouch may aswell just morphe into molly at this point why does she copy everything molly does
Itā€™s not really copying Molly though, Molly isnā€™t the first person to have an over the top display for a baby, itā€™s the norm for influencers these days

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.