MOD & FOD - Mother Of Daughters & Father Of Daughters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see, thank you.

I think when so many accounts flout the system you start to question genuine posts.
Oh I 100% agree there’s a lot of crap out there but I do genuinely enjoy her content (her husband is a twit) she’s one of the few big ‘instamums’ who opens up the dialogue about subjects not so often spoken about online. And her blog is really good if you’re interested in midwifery and birth - since having my son I’ve been a bit of a birth geek and love reading birth stories!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh I 100% agree there’s a lot of crap out there but I do genuinely enjoy her content (her husband is a twit) she’s one of the few big ‘instamums’ who opens up the dialogue about subjects not so often spoken about online. And her blog is really good if you’re interested in midwifery and birth - since having my son I’ve been a bit of a birth geek and love reading birth stories!
Very interesting, until one has a question, messages (twice) asking about said question and never gets a reply. Great engagement. ?

That was the final straw for me. They act too cool for school. These types all all carbon copies of one another.

Reactions: 3
I agree! Obviously there's some cringy/dull/marketing/egocentric aspects to their accounts which I ignore and skip over, but I simply find them both far more interesting and diverse than the majority of the other instamums and families. They are not churning out the endless cycle of hauls, school run footage, what's in my bag bollox, speed cleaning, close up selfies of the expression of the week etc. They both actually appear to have a few more brain cells (underneath the dorkiness) and are not part (or desperate to be noticed by) the CM crew or similar clones. ?‍♀

Reactions: 3
MOD has worked hard to try to become a top tier influencer. But what grates is she is just fame hungry. She has a great job. This is not her focus. She is literally just trying to be a high power influencer with a side of midwifery. She seems nice enough and at least they’ve stopped taking 5 Free holidays a year, she’s still ridiculously privileged and out of touch. And how does she cope with FOD, not only is he annoying he’s making packets off his children.

So she's a midwife (as she reminds all the time) but the convoluted period story and the engagement from followers made her try a product that infuencers have been advertising for years?

She only seems better as she's got herself so far up the greasy pole she makes a fortune per post and can afford to be very picky. If she hadn't she would be posting any old tit like Mrs meldrum - sat on a kitchen top gurning with Mr Kipling cakes.

People keep saying how much they admire her and working, but one day a week, a cleaner and lots of help - it isn't exactly hard. That would be a holiday for many working mothers.

They had a perfectly good kitchen, but ripped it out for something brand new that was no doubt all paid for. So relatable.

Reactions: 14
I agree completely! Even her post today ‘if he charges your toothbrush or empties the dishwasher without asking’ firstly, you shouldn’t have to ask your other half to empty the dishwasher. Secondly, actually he works from home 4 days (? 1 day in London-not taken that much notice lately) and she works 1 long day as a real person and then 3 days influencing while kids in nursery and has 1 day with twins. She seems pampered and lazy. He always posts things which passively aggressively make her look controlling and unfair. Bet he’s still having to do everything after his 5 days skiing ?

Yes that post annoys me, it's 2019 surely every adult knows how to empty a dishwasher. That's not love. Going on about her morning in bed not doing the school run, she works one day a week and he leaves the house for work one day a week too. They have no clue how entitled and lucky their life is.

Reactions: 8
Hrs such a doormat, spends his time constantly being given lists of jobs (going to dump features predominantly) no idea why she can’t go to the dump on one of her ‘influencing/writing tit books with little content days’ rather than making him doing it on the weekend. They are so old fashioned in their roles.
But he is a complete tool and things he does with those twins are just bizarre. It’s like his way of getting his own back, for all she controls and manipulates and whines, he then posts an intimate photo of their children that really shouldn’t be shared and makes them look fake hungry.
Gosh I had no idea I felt so strongly about them ?

All that post left me thinking was that my husband would NEVER think to change my toothbrush!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I pay them very little attention these days, don’t watch their stories. Bizarrely just read her post this morning.

Comments about how amazing FOD is. I've got no time for women that marry a lazy selfish guy that magically expect him to change and then complain he's still the same guy they married.

Men doing household tasks other than DIY isn't a big thing.

Reactions: 2
Comments about how amazing FOD is. I've got no time for women that marry a lazy selfish guy that magically expect him to change and then complain he's still the same guy they married.

Men doing household tasks other than DIY isn't a big thing.
We take it in turns and shock horror the kids do their bit as well! I find that when they try to be relatable they show exactly how privileged they are.
Her baby must haves included a Sleepyhead (£160) and deliveroo. Just a different world. Annoying though as when in London they both had good jobs but were normal and relatable. Instagram has given them a massive house, holidays, Miele kitchen products, some fancy cotbeds and private school, mist of which was not disclosed.

Reactions: 1
She seems pampered and lazy.

I don't follow her any more but when I did it was mostly because I'm nosy and wanted to see what she was buying for her house. What struck me though was that she always seemed quite unhappy with her lot and as if the twins were the bain of her life. There were always stories about how both twins wanted to sit with her, or for her to read to them and I remember one in particular where they were travelling somewhere and both twins wanted to sit beside her and she was giving FOD the middle finger, saying she had drawn the short straw. FOD of course was filming this and laughing about how he got off lightly. Might all be in jest and lighthearted, but to me there is something really off about that. I will add though that she doesn't annoy me anywhere near as much as the others do.

Reactions: 7
I take it she just works the minimum hours required in order for her to stay on the midwifery register?

Strangely, midwife Clemmie is the most interesting of the all, I don't like fashion / interiors / jewellery designer, I like midwife Clemmie
Yep me too. I followed from midwifeyhooper. But that’s why I’m not so keen on the little efforts she makes now it that area. It’s half hearted. She just wants insta game and importance.

We are all at our best and the most attractive to others when we are being authentic. I like midwife Clemmie.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.