MOD & FOD - Mother Of Daughters & Father Of Daughters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She works in a London hospital with a 2 hour commute each way so as I said I assume for now whilst she is earning through Insta that her one shift is to keep her midwifery registration open. When she was writing her book she was working from home 3 days, but that has been published so maybe she's working on her jewellery collection now?

Reactions: 1
She works in a London hospital with a 2 hour commute each way so as I said I assume for now whilst she is earning through Insta that her one shift is to keep her midwifery registration open. When she was writing her book she was working from home 3 days, but that has been published so maybe she's working on her jewellery collection now?
More like she makes far more money flogging stuff on insta ?

Pleased I’ve found this thread, followed her and FOD for ages, they have gone for relatable to really irritating very quickly.

Reactions: 5
Well yes of course she would make a lot more on IG than as a midwife. I think she's making hay whilst the sun shines but keeping her day shift on to leave her reg open as a contingency plan.
She probably spends more on train fares than she earns on her 1 day working. I can't imagine if she went back to FT or even PT midwifery that she would stay in a London hospital, it wouldn't be cost effective.

Reactions: 3
Working as a MW one day a week also keeps her ‘relatable’. She always posts about a hard day on delivery suit after an AD. It’s clever distraction

She’s promoting those charity boxes for women today - I see that the one she’s is full of #gifted stuff from brands she’s worked with.

Reactions: 6
I don’t have anything constructive to add but I signed up just to comment on this post. This “ethical Christmas” thing made my eyes roll and everything I think about it it makes me mad!

Reactions: 4
MOD was one of the main offenders on the influencer ethics threads on Mumsnet so this ethical Christmas is funny.

Reactions: 2
She actually seems to have got a lot better and so she should have, but annoying she was forced to rather than just doing it. Simon is still writing a mile long captions with #ad hidden at the end with several other hashtags.

Sorry this isn’t related to the “ethical Christmas” but I actually cannot believe how Clem has really cut back on the amount she shares about the kids, she’s posted about it a few times to, yet Simon hasn’t. Especially about the twins, he does nothing but post embarrassing things about them. She just lets him continue to do it, it’s vile.

Reactions: 4
She actually seems to have got a lot better and so she should have, but annoying she was forced to rather than just doing it. Simon is still writing a mile long captions with #ad hidden at the end with several other hashtags.

Sorry this isn’t related to the “ethical Christmas” but I actually cannot believe how Clem has really cut back on the amount she shares about the kids, she’s posted about it a few times to, yet Simon hasn’t. Especially about the twins, he does nothing but post embarrassing things about them. She just lets him continue to do it, it’s vile.
Totally agree.

I do know someone who works with her and says she's got an air of arrogance and its quite well known amongst her colleagues. They put up with it apparently but are waiting for her to quit because you can't talk negatively about her.

You're right in that she does something consumery, then something about her work.

The fan girls love her though don't they. It's because they want to be her. The house is lovely, she has lovely clothes, gorgeous kids etc. They aspire to her. She needs to run with that and become more of a role model. Great she's doing an ethical Christmas but really need to follow that up. The irony of flogging stuff while saying it's an ethical Christmas! Did she really say she's 'better than that?'

I'm no fan of MOD or FOD but
a lot of nurses ( me included ) work 1 or 2 days a week after starting a family because we loose our registration practice if we don't. After 3 years training not many nurses want to give that up.
Instagrammers who ditch work to go full time with their underhand selling/child exploitation for profit, put themselves in a precarious position by becoming virtually unemployable after years out of the job market.
I could easily believe her not being popular at work as she has always been arrogant and self obsessed. ( a common trait amongst bloggers )
She would probably really struggle to find a new post because of her online presence, which is a massive no in the NHS. Hence her putting up with the bad commute for work.
3 times in last 8 years on my ward face book postings has caused nurses to get into serious trouble involving unions and threat of dismissal.
Mods usp is her job so she is obliged to keep it to continue making money on crap books and flogging junk. Bugger how the children feel, it's all about the free stuff.
Personally I'd bloody hate to have to work with that ego. I'd be constantly on edge incase her camera was out again. At the trust I work in photos are banned, so not sure how she gets away with it.
I've read mothers to be do refuse to have her as their midwife in case she puts stuff on social media without permission so I also suspect the trust she works for wish she'd do one too.

Doesn’t she work her one day at a very prestigious hospital too?
I’m pretty sure she got into trouble at work earlier this year for something she had posted and it was reported.
I can’t remember the ins and outs as I don’t follow her but it was on one of the MN threads.
I’m sure someone on here will remember.

I used to work as a midwife at the Trust she works at and I'd say she's had some preferential treatment because there was absolutely no way in hell we were allowed to work 1 day a week. Minimum hours were 22.5 hrs. Unless she's on the Bank so can just pick and choose what she works.

My sister in law is a nurse at that trust and works 2 fixed shifts a month and tops up her other days with bank shifts. It’s not preferential treatement just part of their flexible working policy.

• Haha
Hmm, well the Trust has become more willing to be flexible (quite rightly) then, because in my day we had to do a minimum of 22.5 hours on contract. And Kings was reknowned for being anything but flexible!

Hmm, well the Trust has become more willing to be flexible (quite rightly) then, because in my day we had to do a minimum of 22.5 hours on contract. And Kings was reknowned for being anything but flexible!
I did just double check with her (in case I was wrong) and yup they have a whole thing called Kings Flexi ‘we want staff to strike a balance between work and their life outside work’ she also added that her friend is a midwife there and has something called a term time contract.

• Haha
I have patients who name these InstaMums for feeling crap about themselves. It’s a wider part of how we use social media and being a mum myself I totally get it... Even as a medical professional I’ve fallen victim to feeling like I should look better or have a giant copper bath fitted etc. I think MOD is the biggest hypocrite of them all.

I did just double check with her (in case I was wrong) and yup they have a whole thing called Kings Flexi ‘we want staff to strike a balance between work and their life outside work’ she also added that her friend is a midwife there and has something called a term time contract.
Lol you mean you googled their flexible working policy? I just did and this quote is the first thing that comes up. Can’t be bothered to read it so I’m not sure if they set a minimum number of shifts people have to work. One per week must be rare. MOD brings them lots of publicity in return though so she is a special case.

Someone claimed that they reported her to the NHS, however IIRC the hospital said that they had not received any complaints, so it was probably someone trying to create a bit of drama.

100% this , especially posts of them half dressed, potty training etc. Poor kids.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.