MOD & FOD - Mother Of Daughters & Father Of Daughters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh c'mon, compare her house squares to someone like Mrs Hinch's room shots. Grey shiny carpets, grey walls, grey tassled cushions on grey sofas, complimented with a Homesense grey candle. THAT is what I mean.
lol sorry I don’t follow Mrs Hinch so no idea! To me, MOD’s choice of decor is dull. And it’s the greyest house I’ve seen.

Reactions: 1
If anything good came from those mumsnet threads and her hiatus - is transparency in her posts and less selling content that contains the kids. I don’t find her adveritisng sly nor her faux feminism she is one that stands out to me as someone who engages in really interesting discussions not some of that drivel other Instamums churn out.

Of course she’s selling to a certain demographic I guess that’s the thing with Instagram, those who love Mrs Hinch, those who love Mrs Meldrum there’s enough space for everyone?
She’s just a slightly more refined flogger. Trying to be the upper class, tasteful influencer. But that is literally all she is. She’s flogging a lifestyle and it’s very lucrative for them.
She took a break to get back on the game and work out strategies as it’s way too profitable and she loves the fame, she’s not going to let anyone get in the way of that.
Her engagement has been refined to maximise profit and likes and engagement, it is a job. She discovered that her natural response (to ignore people chatting), let vile arguments break out on her page, delete all the questions she didn’t like and not answer any dms, meant that she was critisized. People saw all her requests for recommendations go with no response, yet low and behold she got sent EVERYTHING she requested. So she’s changed her game, she answers a few comments, responds on stories, deletes comments and tells people to play fair, there is nothing genuine about this, it’s the game plan. It’s not for the good of followers it’s ? ?

Reactions: 2
I think everything is strategic. These people are represented by an agent now. I'm more than sure that MOD and FOD strategically focus on the content they put out, does anyone really actually think she would let her husband post so much of content about their children without a discussion first? Content is King, and it's alllll strategic. I'm not saying they are bad people, I don't think they are (just not my cup of tea, with their middle class 'I'm so woke' attitude), but they are brands at the end of the day. What's happened is she has focused (especially after all the backlash!) to be about her as a woman as someone rightly said above, faux feminism, midwife stuff (that's actually the good content), and other "cool" things that are so popular on the 'gram, wine o'clock (which I really friggin hate) etc etc. FOD brand is all about the children, and his goofy bullshit that's so annoying. So you get either "cool mom stuff" on one Instagram, and the other Instagram is "all about the children".

I'm so happy the AD branding / details has come about. Whilst MOD's own doesn't disgust me because WE ALL KNOW that's what she's mostly about anyyywayyy, other 'Insta-mums' gross me out with just how much content is ad / gift related e.g. Finlay Fox literally everything is an affiliation link, or gift. Ridiculous!

Reactions: 4
I don't care how many followers you have noone and I repeat not one single one of you especially you fodders is sitting in the delorean, you can have your photos taken in front of it and that's your lot! Haha

Reactions: 3
None of them seem to know it’s even called the Delorean

There’s not really any point in her cutting back on the children being exposed if they don’t both agree to it, especially since he has twice as many followers as her. I find that very strange. She’s obviously got real concerns about what she’s shared about the children, but he doesn’t share the concerns or respect her concerns enough to follow her lead. I think that’s a really bad sign. If my ‘hubby’ was exploiting my children for cash, I’d get him to put a stop to it
Seems to have been done since she got a bashing on mums net a while ago for using the kids to sell stuff. He didn't, and I read somewhere she said he gets less hate than her so I'm guessing while people aren't bothered by him he'll continue to do it. Like someone else said, his content is the kids so wouldn't have much else to post where as she can just switch to posting her ridiculous outfits, hipster home and few hundred quid pajamas!

The place they're all staying at in Cornwall is £10,000 a week during peak holidays! Granted it sleeps 22 people, but is unlikely you'd ever have 22 adults sharing the cost.

the vast majority of these people's followers aren't going to be able to afford places like this, so I'd love to know how much business companies actually get out of these adverts.

• Wow
Seems to have been done since she got a bashing on mums net a while ago for using the kids to sell stuff. He didn't, and I read somewhere she said he gets less hate than her so I'm guessing while people aren't bothered by him he'll continue to do it. Like someone else said, his content is the kids so wouldn't have much else to post where as she can just switch to posting her ridiculous outfits, hipster home and few hundred quid pajamas!
I actually think that he does get a lot of hate for it but he is a big big fan of blocking, deleting, editing his posts, staying untouchable. Mod has tried to allow discussion & even got involved on mumsnet, so it does appear to people that she gets the worst of it but he definitely gets a lot more than what you can see if you go to his feed. Also, with more than a million followers, criticism is quickly buried in the fawning fan comments

The place they're all staying at in Cornwall is £10,000 a week during peak holidays! Granted it sleeps 22 people, but is unlikely you'd ever have 22 adults sharing the cost.

the vast majority of these people's followers aren't going to be able to afford places like this, so I'd love to know how much business companies actually get out of these adverts.
£10,000 for a week?! That’s almost a deposit for a mortgage for some people. It’s sickening that they’re so bloody entitled but try to come across so down to earth and just like other working parents. FOD was so terrified at the thought of going on a gifted holiday with friends complete with a park and pool...poor little poppet I hope he’s ok now.

Reactions: 5
This is the thing. If rich folk are just going about their lives being rich and doing rich folk stuff - that’s fine. It’s the way they’re pretending to be “regular” when they patently are not. I have a friend who’s married a hugely wealthy guy. She does rich folk tit, goes on £30k summer family holidays (yes I’ve looked it up....) but she doesn’t pretend to be like the rest of us, monetarily or make out that it’s attainable. Actually I think she’s slightly embarrassed (as if, she’s made). But it’s the bloody “here’s a lifestyle you could/should have, she believes she could so she did” bullshit that the instas sell that I find offensive .

Reactions: 15
duck me, Clemmie Telford and her gang have also been invited to Cornwall, that’s one hell of a freebie DLAM was given!

I wonder if there’s much unspoken Insta rivalry between them??
I looked at the prices of the ‘cottage’ they are staying in,bargain £4,500 for an off peak mid week break rising to £10,500 peak season. I get if you were to share the cost with say 3 other families it still is a hell of a lot of money for a half term jolly to Cornwall!

Her response is that “I’m not a public service”. Yeah no tit sherlock

This is the thing. If rich folk are just going about their lives being rich and doing rich folk stuff - that’s fine. It’s the way they’re pretending to be “regular” when they patently are not. I have a friend who’s married a hugely wealthy guy. She does rich folk tit, goes on £30k summer family holidays (yes I’ve looked it up....) but she doesn’t pretend to be like the rest of us, monetarily or make out that it’s attainable. Actually I think she’s slightly embarrassed (as if, she’s made). But it’s the bloody “here’s a lifestyle you could/should have, she believes she could so she did” bullshit that the instas sell that I find offensive .
She doesn’t seem remotely embarrassed to me. The £150 pyjamas for a treat she simply had no idea that this was not the norm.

Im confused which Clemmie are we talking about? I thought mod bought expensive pjs?
Got confused sorry! However Clemmie Telford was the same with the £1450 car seat thing that you fit in your car, oh how cheap! So much cheaper than changing your car! Yes Clemmie unless your car has a value of less that £1450 and an £100 car seat will have to do your shoddy children.
Or the package of designer clothes sent out for her boy, where the £100 denim jacket was worthwhile as it could be a hand me down... didn’t seem remotely aware or embarrassed

Got confused sorry! However Clemmie Telford was the same with the £1450 car seat thing that you fit in your car, oh how cheap! So much cheaper than changing your car! Yes Clemmie unless your car has a value of less that £1450 and an £100 car seat will have to do your shoddy children.
Or the package of designer clothes sent out for her boy, where the £100 denim jacket was worthwhile as it could be a hand me down... didn’t seem remotely aware or embarrassed
OMG wait there is a £1450 priced car seat?!!! WTAF!!

No they don’t care, but continue to pretend they are so relevant.

• Haha
OMG wait there is a £1450 priced car seat?!!! WTAF!!

No they don’t care, but continue to pretend they are so relevant.
Ah yes.. the multimac I think it's called. Can change 2 back seats to 3 child seats and 3 seats to 4 child seats. Me and my husband looked at one before they were a big company as we heard about them on our local news. My youngest is 6 so about 6 years ago!! So glad I never got one now as my children have grown at a massive rate and wouldn't fit in one! Plus.. What if I was going out with adults and needed to use the back seats?? All the faff of removing and storing it as well ?

MOD’s post today. 2 ADS from last year that she managed to avoid making ads at the time ? just how much of their house is an ad. Luckily for the lots of things were over 12 months so they won’t have to come clean.

My general rule with instagram influencers is, unless told otherwise, I assume it's all gifted and all an ad :ROFLMAO: MOD posts interiors shots of a new armchair, tagging Loaf/Westelm etc, no mention of it being gifted or an ad, I just assume it will have been gifted, I doubt there is much they actually pay for these days.

Reactions: 5
I actually went back and checked these two tags (saddo) and she has indeed done 2 ads for both West Elm and Loaf last winter both declared correctly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.