MOD & FOD #9 Gifted loot, pink jumpsuit, I like to pair it with a clumpy boot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been a lurker for a long time on this thread but this is my first post. Mods stories about the little room just really got to me, like oh here’s this tiny room we just “found” in our giant house. I might just have it to relax in. It’s so not relatable and made me feel inadequate. We have a generous sized 2 bedroom garden flat in London and I always feel a bit inadequate that we don’t have a house. We are trying to have an extension and I’m so stressed about the cost. Seeing her just throw money at the “reno” is so hard and not realistic / relatable at all. Oh but she did buy a second hand mirror!
Give me a two bed in South London over a townhouse in Thanet any day.

Reactions: 14
Well, that was weird. MOD filming stories while in the bath. 'Classic parenting tactic'?! How about trying a classic parenting tactic that doesn't involve filming everything for social media, it could be the twins have learned to play up to the camera? Just sayin..

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Well, that was weird. MOD filming stories while in the bath. 'Classic parenting tactic'?! How about trying a classic parenting tactic that doesn't involve filming everything for social media, it could be the twins have learned to play up to the camera? Just sayin..
I have parented a long time and never sat in the bath in the morning. I’d hardly call it a classic tactic.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve been a lurker for a long time on this thread but this is my first post. Mods stories about the little room just really got to me, like oh here’s this tiny room we just “found” in our giant house. I might just have it to relax in. It’s so not relatable and made me feel inadequate. We have a generous sized 2 bedroom garden flat in London and I always feel a bit inadequate that we don’t have a house. We are trying to have an extension and I’m so stressed about the cost. Seeing her just throw money at the “reno” is so hard and not realistic / relatable at all. Oh but she did buy a second hand mirror!
Don’t worry I had a one bed flat in London and now live in Ramsgate now in a 5 bed house. Ramsgate is much cheaper than London and I think it’s just a question of priorities. I am enjoying the space that I didn’t have in London but I do miss ‘being in the centre of things’ sometimes. MOD is revelling in having the space that you get when you move out of London and frankly seems to like rubbing people’s noses in it, but she doesn’t seem that enamoured with Ramsgate (I love it but I’m a bit older and have no wish to be a celebrity), so enjoy your London garden flat and all that London has to offer. Big draughty houses in many seaside towns are affordable for you if and when you want!

Reactions: 19
Nothing wrong with a morning bath, we all need to be clean, and the older girls are more than capable of keeping an eye on the twins while she does it BUT for god sake put the phone away! I imagine the little girl was more than aware she was being filmed and that probably added to her hanging around.
For the record I would def take a house by the seaside over a flat in London given the chance

Reactions: 5
Just popping up to the loft for some crystal meditation in my zen room.

That 4 bed house in Crystal Palace was almost certainly funded with well over £100k of parental donations btw so please don’t feel inadequate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Nothing wrong with a morning bath, we all need to be clean, and the older girls are more than capable of keeping an eye on the twins while she does it BUT for god sake put the phone away! I imagine the little girl was more than aware she was being filmed and that probably added to her hanging around.
For the record I would def take a house by the seaside over a flat in London given the chance
Wasn’t saying there was anything ‘wrong’ with a morning bath, but most people who’ve not seen their kids much during the week don’t fob them off with paw patrol to have a self indulgent mid-morning bath. They just don’t.
If someone chooses to, why share it with your phone and followers.
We all need to wash but this is usually done without filming our children and I guarantee most people hop in the shower whilst they are looking after little kids (FOD was at the pub for rugby... how do I know this?) urgh. Do what you want but if you over share people will have differing views.

Reactions: 9
Cos they bought it in their mid 20s, they are both from wealthy backgrounds, and it must have cost minimum £500k.

Wasn’t saying there was anything ‘wrong’ with a morning bath, but most people who’ve not seen their kids much during the week don’t fob them off with paw patrol to have a self indulgent mid-morning bath. They just don’t.
We all need to wash but this is usually done without filming our children and I guarantee most people hop in the shower whilst they are looking after little kids (FOD was at the pub for rugby... how do I know this?) urgh. Do what you want but if you over share people will have differing views.
I just wouldn’t do it with two four year olds running round the ‘mansion’ potentially getting up to anything and yes there are the two older ones to keep an eye on them but still ..... and all I could think was ‘that sleeve is going to get soaked’ 🙈😂😂

• Haha
I think a classic parenting tactic would probably involve some actual parenting and not, in fact, classic avoidance tactics. Honestly MOD, just duck off!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Did you see FOD’s stories? The fake sobbing on the train over the rugby?

He actually sat there on the train ON HIS OWN filming himself pretend crying. What on earth must the other passengers think?

What an absolute bleeping buffoon.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I was agreeing with you ! As in yes take your bath if you wish but dont make it all about content

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Don’t know about you lot but I don’t take my phone into the bathroom when I’m showering or bathing .

It stays in the bedroom.

Don’t know about you lot but I don’t take my phone into the bathroom when I’m showering or bathing .

It stays in the bedroom.
I only take it in the bathroom when I’m in the house alone to ring the police if burglars break in 😬😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That 4 bed house in Crystal Palace was almost certainly funded with well over £100k of parental donations btw so please don’t feel inadequate.
Interesting point and certainly truth to it

They will have had parental help, if not for the Crystal Palace house then certainly for the flat before it (which was also in London and which they will have made a huge profit on).

We’ve seen how expansive MODs mums house is. Her brother has a pool. They’re all loaded. All private school it seems. Her midwife salary wouldn’t have paid for her houses in London. Simons job at Towers Watson again would not have afforded them a flat in London. Pretty certain of this as I have friends that work in the same company as him. He’s pretty senior now but obviously wasn’t ten years ago.

I suppose that goes to the crux of the whole “I work hard, I deserve all this”. Plenty of midwives and nurses work hard. They don’t have flats and houses in London because family weren’t able to gift them deposits. Don’t feel inadequate please anyone.

Reactions: 16
The filming with the phone in the bath was one of the strangest things I’ve seen. Yes, sometimes I do need to wash myself during the day with my kids around, but it usually looks like a mad scramble in and out of the shower. If I wanted to relax in the bath I would leave that for when they are in bed in the evening! Also, why the phone in the bath?! I was worried she might drop it especially with little hands around!

Reactions: 6
The filming with the phone in the bath was one of the strangest things I’ve seen. Yes, sometimes I do need to wash myself during the day with my kids around, but it usually looks like a mad scramble in and out of the shower. If I wanted to relax in the bath I would leave that for when they are in bed in the evening! Also, why the phone in the bath?! I was worried she might drop it especially with little hands around!
.... like it was planned 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 7
But this is the #gifted life where nothing has any value and you don’t pay for anything and everything is for the gram.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.