MOD & FOD #6 Hanging out with a secret nanny, doing admin on my fanny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm one of four girls, and when we used to go on holiday abroad my mum and dad valued the time they had with us. They both worked full time, and they never really had much time for us.

I just remember the great times we had together, and I definitely value the memories of the holidays we had together.

Reactions: 10
I'm one of four girls, and when we used to go on holiday abroad my mum and dad valued the time they had with us. They both worked full time, and they never really had much time for us.
I just remember the great times we had together, and I definitely value the memories of the holidays we had together.
Yes. Same here.

Reactions: 1
I can’t believe their twins are in nursery 4 days per week, they’re often away from them at weekends and then, pretty much day one of holiday, they are put in kids club. I know some people will disagree with me. I know we all parent differently. However, do those poor girls ever get to just play freely? Every minute of their time seems to be in some kind of organised childcare. They are obviously better parents than those terrifying saccone joly weirdos but it still feels a bit cold.

Reactions: 15

But don’t forget they drove to France and had to have all 4 themselves all week so it’s only right they get rid of them for a week.

Reactions: 5
I can’t believe their twins are in nursery 4 days per week, they’re often away from them at weekends and then, pretty much day one of holiday, they are put in kids club. I know some people will disagree with me. I know we all parent differently. However, do those poor girls ever get to just play freely? Every minute of their time seems to be in some kind of organised childcare. They are obviously better parents than those terrifying saccone joly weirdos but it still feels a bit cold.
But it's like when they went to the festival and they got a nanny. These are the times to make memories, because it will come soon that they will not want to spend time with them.

I’m happy to say I disagree with Kid Clubs, we took our children on holiday to spend time with them , squabbles and all .

I know we all parent differently and if everyone is happy then do whatever suits but they spend a lot of time apart and document it then happily lecture IG about how to work as a family .

Remember her slow breakfast bullshit.

Reactions: 15
That's interesting about the phone.

I follow people like you do, cooking, baking, gardening, plus a few stylists and antique dealer accounts, some travellers and tour guides and a few cafes, restaurants and hotels and some specific animal/dog accounts.
View attachment 35712
After the whole fringe chat on stories a couple of days ago, she managed to get some freebie headbands. That’s what it was all about , wasn’t it?
her smile reminds me of a thunderbirds puppet!

• Haha
🙄 🙄 🙄 hence the time spent reading books

The quote has disappeared from the bottom of the photo - it says “nervous about kids’ club”
It’s still in my story. What does that quote even mean?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
It’s still in my story. What does that quote even mean?
I mean the quote disappeared from my screen shot. (I can’t work out how to edit or delete a post on here). I think it means the twins were ready to be packed off to the kids’ club, on the first day of their holiday?

Reactions: 2
I put my kids in kids club for 3 hours or so after breakfast and then got them in time for lunch and then spent the remainder of the day with them, including dinner as a family. I work 5 days a week (not full time but once commute included... full bleeping time) as does my husband, the morning off gives us a chance to catch our breath. For us it also means that the kids have 3 hours of organised fun, and then we are fresh to play properly the rest of the day. Without it we would basically resort to Prime Video on the iPad for an extra hour (or more) a day.

Using kids clubs (or having a nanny or a cleaner or a housekeeper or an ironing lady, a window cleaner, paying someone to clean the oven - altho the modern self-clean function 🤯) isn’t a judgement thing for me... lying about help is an offence and bleeping being able to GOOGLE THEIR KIDS’ FULL NAMES AND DATES OF BIRTHS IS HORRIFIC.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
I put my kids in kids club for 3 hours or so after breakfast and then got them in time for lunch and then spent the remainder of the day with them, including dinner as a family. I work 5 days a week (not full time but once commute included... full bleeping time) as does my husband, the morning off gives us a chance to catch our breath. For us it also means that the kids have 3 hours of organised fun, and then we are fresh to play properly the rest of the day. Without it we would basically resort to Prime Video on the iPad for an extra hour (or more) a day.

Using kids clubs (or having a nanny or a cleaner or a housekeeper or an ironing lady, a window cleaner, paying someone to clean the oven - altho the modern self-clean function 🤯) isn’t a judgement thing for me... lying about help is an offence and bleeping being able to GOOGLE THEIR KIDS’ FULL NAMES AND DATES OF BIRTHS IS HORRIFIC.
Agreed and I don’t judge other parents for using kids clubs....but they make their living based on their children and on their parenting. They’re quite happy to capitalise daily on photos of the twins but only spend 90 minutes a day with them. Plus they have a lot more time to themselves not working or caring for their children than the average parent.

Reactions: 10

I don't have any issues with parents using child clubs. To be honest i think it was more the fact we would spend more time with our grandparents. The summer holidays we would never see my parents, spent all 6 weeks away from them.

Reactions: 1
Agreed and I don’t judge other parents for using kids clubs....but they make their living based on their children and on their parenting. They’re quite happy to capitalise daily on photos of the twins but only spend 90 minutes a day with them. Plus they have a lot more time to themselves not working or caring for their children than the average parent.
This!! Stating that you have all these issues (screen time/untidy bedrooms) but then saying you spend 90 mins a day together, yet going on holiday and sticking them in kids club. Just shut up!!!
Do what you want, my kids choose to be with us and hate kids club, tried a couple of times but ‘don’t go on holiday to go to rubbish clubs with people they don’t know-that’s not a holiday’ so it’s not an opinion for us regardless 😂 but they promote this family to make a living!!!

• Heart
Bloody loved kids clubs - now 25, 23, 18 and still come away with us if they’re invited.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.