MOD & FOD #6 Hanging out with a secret nanny, doing admin on my fanny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kids clubs are not the problem - if you’re kids go willing - yey! I wouldn’t deny my kids a few hours in one if they wanted!

It’s your kids holiday too maybe they like trying out new things making friends etc. But don’t bleat about how you aren’t getting quality family time and then pack your kids off (with a rucksack - assume this is some sort of hidden #ad #gift #collab #pressdiscount item they’ll share as the “must have” holiday accessory) and sit boasting about reading!

You don’t need a break from parenting, you don’t need “me” time your life is one big massive “Saint Clemmie all about me” life!

Reactions: 10
Surely so early into a holiday the children would want to be exploring the facilities, trying out the pool, going to the beach, poking their head in at Kids Club to see what it is about and getting used to the idea of maybe going later in the holiday.

Kids Club (we never use them) SO early into their holiday is unusual.... isn’t it?

Society shifted some decades ago to be more child-focused. You hear lots of people saying that in the ‘old days’ children were seen and not heard etc. I find it fascinating that the swing with Instamums is away from the child-centric nature of the 90s and 00s, to “self-care” and “me time” and “sans children festivals”.

Reactions: 9
New thread suggestion...MOD & FOD #7 Did you know, that I'm a midwife? I need more "me" time in my life.

Reactions: 15
MOD & FOD; So innocent & saintly, er but have you sent us #ad #gift #pressdiscount lately?

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
New thread name suggestion:

“When my Grid gets full of #pressdiscount plugs.... it’s time to whip out my saintly scrubs”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
When my boys were little they loved kid's club :). Not that we went that often on holiday where they had one though, I think it was twice in Portugual, because we stayed in resorts. But they honestly loved it.

Reactions: 1
Twins nervous about kids club, but MOD and FOD need to post their next plug

Reactions: 4
I have zero issues with them using kids clubs - it's what those places are for. You still end up seeing the kids so it's not like neglect or anything and everyone chills out a bit. This is obviously my opinion and not everyone will think the same!

MOD pretending she's not had much me time of late ... pull the other one, what was Glastonbury, Margate Pride, London dinners ....

Reactions: 6
I have no issues with kids clubs. My oldest is super friendly and will make friends with any kid around the pool but my youngest is super shy and is the only way he’ll play with other kids. We normally put them in kids clubs in the mornings for 3/4 days of the holiday. Ive never sent them with a back pack tho, maybe they stay there the whole day? Or as others have said, it’s prob a #gifted #pressdiscount #ad bag

Reactions: 2
I loved a kids club.. I ended up with penpals (I'm old 😂)
But my parents worked full time, long hours,and on holiday we'd hang out in the afternoons and go to the club in the afternoon (where I'd hang out with kids I met in kids club anyway 😂)

Anyway, I know this isn't a pile on about kids club. I still don't understand what mod does all day when she's not midwifing (twice a month with all the long weekends away..?)
If I was working full time (which she allegedly is) I'd want to be sharing some of it with the kids, in the pool with them, making sandcastles, and then kids club a couple of days maybe..

Reactions: 4
No comment on the Bryon Gordon podcast? I haven’t listened. I haven’t
listened to any of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I loved a kids club.. I ended up with penpals (I'm old 😂)
But my parents worked full time, long hours,and on holiday we'd hang out in the afternoons and go to the club in the afternoon (where I'd hang out with kids I met in kids club anyway 😂)

Anyway, I know this isn't a pile on about kids club. I still don't understand what mod does all day when she's not midwifing (twice a month with all the long weekends away..?)
If I was working full time (which she allegedly is) I'd want to be sharing some of it with the kids, in the pool with them, making sandcastles, and then kids club a couple of days maybe..
This is what makes me angry. I work full time and have my son in full time child care and it breaks my heart, I wish I could work less and see him more. MOD only works one day a week yet barely sees her kids. Selfish.

Reactions: 7
MOD charges so much more than that! My friends works in PR and they tried to get her for something or other, I can't remember what. £15k+ for a grid post if I remember rightly!
Utterly vulgar. That is the epitome of greed. Can't wait to be lectured about having an "ethical Christmas" :mad:

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Breathing, folk music, sampling craft ale. Everything’s for free when the kids are for sale.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.