Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
Laughing at her suggesting the boilersuit might be the next spotted Zara dress. Don’t know what the Zara dress is but that boilersuit is certainly not a must have item!!
Maybe now she’s got some overalls she’s intending to get on with painting instead of moaning about having to wait for the decorator to come back

• Haha
Reactions: 20

ThreeFourFive

Morning Clemmie, couple of points, if I may. Nobody should ever feel validated by numbers (unless they are Donald Trump. You're not Donald Trump, are you?), we are validated by our behaviour, our treatment of others.
If you really don't know who your customer base is then maybe start by modelling your average pitch on yourself, the relatable little family you market yourself as. You know, the young family, the junior manager dad, the mum who works one day a week, the struggles they face, the money worries they have........ all the usual relatable stuff that young families encounter.
You might also give some thought to the things you flog. I am sure Weber would have paid you well to advertise something more realistic - so much better to offer people things they can afford rather than leaving them diminished by what they can't afford.
Brand Hooper have chosen to be a vulgar/flashy brand, promoting envy and diminishment amongst your customer base. Fine. It's a plan. But don't be brittle, thin-skinned and aggressive when people disagree. Suck it up and develop good grace - you will come across so much better.
And lastly, when you are being paid thousands to sell products, it is just a professional courtesy to spell their name right. The company paying your bills is Weber, not Webber.

Attachments

• Heart

Skalle

Exactly, no one is shitting on them for having a nanny when they were “working” (yes, very loose term for pressing play on a Spotify list). It’s the fact that FOD had those whole charades of “this is how we survive festivals with kids” and then did the complete opposite
We went to Camp Bestival on Saturday for the day (not brave enough to camp!) and I saw FOD and MOD lots of times...didn't see the girls with them once! They spent alot of time sitting with their friends by the food/DJ bit, witnessed some FOD dodgy dancing too :rolleyes:

• Haha

somepeople

The whole Nanny thing is ridiculous and could have been avoided so easily. All he needed to say pre festival was "Oh CB also has a Nanny service, that we have used before. It may not be in everyones price bracket but we've chosen to use them this time"
There job done. Personally if I was taking little ones to a festival and could afford to pay an extra pair of hands I would. Its only the same as going on a holiday to a resort and the kids going to kids club

• Heart

Nemokel

I don't have any issues per se with nursery nurses, the ones who looked after our children were absolutely lovely and very good at their jobs. I admired them for having the patience to do a job I could never do.

However, my actual point was that it isn't an occupation that requires any huge amount of intelligence or academic ability. It requires a different skill set and mind set, and that's why I likened them to the majority of the OD fan girls who are unable to see past the superficial hype.
I beg to differ. It does require intelligence. The nursery nurses who look after my two are definitely not lacking in the brains department- or I wouldn’t leave my children with them. I’ve commented on your very angry posts before and I think you let your anger cloud your judgement when trying to express yourself here. To any nursery nurses or childminders- or teachers, I salute you! You do a job I wouldn’t be able to do and I don’t think it’s fair to tar them all with the same brush if your experience of them hasn’t been a positive one. Im not trying to have a go at you, I just don’t think it’s fair or very nice to say that people of a certain profession don’t need “intelligence”.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Heyheyyouyou

They are Freckles Festival Nannies, £30 an hour...you hire them at Bestival.
"Oh and leave the screens at home".....because we have a nanny to entertain them anyway!!

• Haha

Bubblegirl

Hi! I’m new!! Been a lurker for a while but MODs latest post prompted me to comment. This ad vs press discount argument ... surely it’s a tax thing? As in ad involves some sort of contract / engaging of and paying for a service from the influencer. Presumably this would count as taxable income? Whereas a discount doesn’t as it’s “just” money off and therefore doesn’t count as income? Yes? No? Wrong end of the stick???
Ps keep up the good work! I love this site - holding people accountable and blowing open the mechanics behind the facade. Love it 👍

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Killed with kindness ?😁.

Petulant, sarcastic and evasive springs to mind over pretend kindness.

I feel ‘slides into my dm’s’ such a fucking neauseating expression.

...and yes Clemmie you were a dick about your hoof queries , Simon does have a little more dignity than you ( that includes his vasectomy chat)

Kutikuti

FOD - Sod safeguarding, I’m going to let some random bloke carry my 8 year old
(I’m sure the guy was lovely but there’s no way I would let anyone in don’t know carry my kids! 😰😰)

• Wow

ChesterDraws

I think they have been like this for years. I remember the Martinhal trip, they didn’t disclose if it was gifted or an Ad but they put shit loads of stories and photos up so I’m guessing AD. Also, they said they paid (how much? Who knows! This was way before #pressdiscount ) for the MW holiday in Turkey and they so happened to be in the same hotel at the same time as DLAM (who is the biggest flogger/grabber there is!). When one of their followers had the audacity of asking if it was a gifted holiday or an Ad, their fans jumped in on her and apparently she got pretty nasty DM’s, obviously MOD went on the comments and wrote some sarcastic shit to her (it was on FODs IG). I sent the poor girl a DM because it got pretty nasty and she confirmed she was blocked by both FOD and MOD 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
This is my main problem with influencers. If you have a public account and you make money from that account, you are answerable to the people who consume your content. Were it not for the followers, likes, comments (engagement) brands wouldn’t be interested in working with these people. And it is work. And work requires professionalism. If anyone wants to sell out, go ahead. But at least have some integrity and admit that you’re doing it for the financial benefits. No shame in wanting a more comfortable life, or to be able to take your kids on holidays, or wear nicer clothing. Just don’t be dicks about it and act superior to those questioning it all. Especially when so many followers can only dream of having such lives. Have some humility and appreciation for the opportunities #gifted to you. I doubt anyone would begrudge you success if you behaved better.

GreyWolf

VIP Member
I agree. I myself was that lonely lost person as a new mum. Looking for a new ‘tribe’ 😬 I listened intently when MOD told us that a Tiba and Marl bag was an “essential” baby item. I started saving for one and also ‘Mama’ and ‘scamp and dude’ sweatshirts. Thank goodness I never actually bought this stuff though. It makes me cringe that I was so suckered in. I think that’s why many of us are on Tattle. We are angry that we were manipulated at a vulnerable time because MOD and co were never transparent about #gifts and #Ads - especially 2-3 years ago which is the time I’d just had a baby
So true. I had a really devastating year with huge trauma and a new baby, I didn’t have a good real life support network but here were these lovely inspirational women in my phone. I was not a big commenter but I’d make the odd reply to stories. Not sure why really, it was that kind of interactive feeling. A few would not even look at your message, so you’d feel dumb. And then there’s the ones who are absolutely lovely. I now sound like some kind of crazy messager but it wasn’t regular. MP was lovely, and I had many conversations with her. Muthahood is absolutely lovely to. But MOD was not the same. I have had a reply from her and it was arrogant and rude. It really upset me and made me feel like a twat. Looking back over her old posts, I feel sick at their freebie lifestyle that I felt I could aspire too. I felt like if I had a sleepyhead, a bugaboo and a stokke cot my life would resemble theirs. The bamboo bowls, the expensive bras and nightwear one needs. One day after her Uber home from work (because she was too tired for the train) and her 4th deliveroo of the week I realised that this woman was not someone to aspire too and was not anything like my life. I have maybe one takeaway a year and I’ve never been in a taxi.
The only reason I continue to follow them is a) I want them to change
B) I want to highlight what their greed is doing to their kids
C) they want to block and delete anyone who disagrees or questions anything and the one thing the can’t control with those figures is who sees what they post. And whilst we are all harmless there will be followers who are not. It must be so irritating they can’t control tattle and the fact that tattles view their stuff!

GreyWolf

VIP Member
Doesn’t look as if she’s finding story-time very enjoyable!
The children keep asking ‘who are you?’ ‘Why are you on our bed?’ ‘Will you still be here in the morning?’ Whilst also wondering who put the ghost toys to watch over them.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

allthefs

Chatty Member
Just saw his ‘when you stop being a parent and hang out with your friend who happens to be your child’! WTTAF Always turns my stomach when I see BFF posts of mothers and daughters or mothers and sons, never normally fathers doing this.
I’m a parent of 3 kids pretty much grown - I hang out with them, have fun, great conversations, they are in general the best of us, I’m on holiday with just one of them now and my husband but in no way am I or will I ever be their ‘friend’

Mummykins

Selfish Mother going on about the “charming chaos” when her children came into the hotel bar. Yeah I’m sure everyone else saw it that way too love.

• Haha

SWLDN-MUM

Oh my god I checked all the accounts who had liked it (ones that weren’t private that is) and none of them follow FOD so they have totally been blocked!! 😂😂😂
I was one of the 27!! Classic 😂 - think it’s one of the few times I’ve ever bothered to agree / disagree / comment on anything written on their threads but I really felt the poster was making a valid and articulate point. That’s engagement- not trolling! Brands actually need to see it - it’s called market research. They really do need to stop taking everything so bloody personally. I was commenting on Weber’s misguided targeting on this occasion rather than FODs ramblings - how utterly pathetic and petulant! #fulldisclosure....I work in PR and marketing and represent a number of leading brands who are increasingly using so-called influencers to promote their campaigns and products. We spend a huge amount of time community managing, monitoring comments and responding accordingly. We rarely leave it up to the “content creator” to do it. They’re the platform, not the professionals. Funnily enough, “blocking” is not usually presented to clients as part of our strategy 🙄 She does herself such a disservice - she’s probably a lovely person IRL but comes across as absolutely vile on the grid. Shame....

• Haha
  • Heart

Young10

That's so unprofessional. I'd complain to Kings.... I'm gobsmacked
At the time I just brushed it off and thought she doesn't come across as nice in person as she does on Instagram! If I had another baby at Kings I would politely decline to have care from her!