Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
Oh God, so it's started. All the 'totes hilaire' photos of white, middle class women 'living their best life' with their amazingly fierce, beautiful, inspirational best mates (who they've actually only really met a handful of times at various Instagram promos). All whilst wearing body glitter and obligatory quirky (gifted) accessories.

Give me strength.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Popper

VIP Member
She’s just so relatable isn’t she?....... I often pop into m&s for some Percy Pigs and come out with a £70 khaki boiler suit...... 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 25

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Those responses are amusing. Just proves how truly dim and unaware the fan girls are. Like I said, those same girls who dotted their i's with ickle hearts at school, and we're gently encouraged to do a childcare course, rather than actual academic subjects.

Those responses are amusing. Just proves how truly dim and unaware the fan girls are. Like I said, those same girls who dotted their i's with ickle hearts at school, and we're gently encouraged to do a childcare course, rather than actual academic subjects

Oops, don't know why it posted twice? Or substituted were for we're?
That's a bit of a fucking insult as I am academic but I chose to do childcare. What is the preconception you have about those who did it?

Bit strange that people think it's an easy route and will happily slate those who do the course and describe them as dim yet they hand over their most prized and irreplaceable possession to be looked after by these "dim" people.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
The whole nannygate thing is hilarious, and regardless of the fan girls leaping to their defence, the evidence speaks volumes. The OD's have created a brand built on two working parents winging their way through life, juggling four kids, constantly offering up their experience, advice and affiliated products we the audience can buy on their recommendation. They've totally been caught red handed using, and this is the real issue, undisclosed childcare, and the only reason right now, anyone knows about Freckles Nannies is because it was spotted in other festival goers Instagram posts. No-one is saying they shouldn't be using childcare, the issue is honesty. That is all.

ps, another point worth making, if the twins weren't so easily recognisable on the gram, no-one would have know who the child was in the picture with the nanny :unsure:

onlyinitforthepony

I was so tempted by a Tiba and Marl, and decided to treat myself, reasoning that ~£100 for a really lovely leather backpack wasn’t actually that unreasonable, and had chosen a plain one that I’d get a lot of use out of post change bag time.

They’re PLEATHER. £100 and upwards for a bloody plastic backpack. Fuck that quite frankly.

• Wow

Madbadsad

Thank you for all that you do for women in your role as a midwife, sincerely.

Although let’s not forget, Clemmie reviews holidays and cereals and all sorts... for women, obvs. I was reading that her local (like a 15 minute drive away) hospital closed their maternity unit last week because of staffing shortage. It happens several times a year and the labouring women are sent nearly an hour away to another Kent hospital. Still, MOD is so passionate one day a week... 2hrs away.
Ah thanks for saying that. But I get a lot from my job (as well as the money!) if that makes sense.

That is very sad about her local unit. Notice Clemmie hasn’t mentioned that 🤔

Our local beautiful birth centre has been shut for nearly a year because of lack of funding/ midwives. And our in hospital midwife unit is frequently shut and women have to go to Delivery Suite instead.

It irritates me that these are the kind of things I believe Clemmie should be talking about. Not some bloody new bathroom tiles #pressdiscount

Reactions: 23

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
Festival Nanny??? Oh, how hilarious. What a totes amazing, special, family time they're having with their children. Oh no, wait...

Talk about being caught red-handed (or, is that 'orange t-shirted').

I think I can hear Clemmie's wails of fury and the gnashing of her giant teeth, from here
😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬

• Haha

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Didn’t MOD once use a babysitting app when they lived in London, I remember a few followers being up in arms! 🧐
I've worked in childcare since I was 16 and qualified when I was 18. I then did my degree in Early Years Childhood studies. I've worked in private Day nurseries and also as a Nanny. I'm back in a nursery and do private babysitting.

I'm Ofsted registered, have an Outstanding Ofsted report, Paediatric First Aid, Safeguarding trained and trained in Makaton and fully DBS checked.

I do general babysitting, sleep training, emergency overnight babysitting and my Christmas shopping cover days in December are already fully booked for this and part for next year.

My rates start at £10ph. For a basic evening babysit, I bath the children, get them ready for bed and get them to be with a 15 min check through the night, a final check with either parent in the room when I leave and I take my own teabags, snacks etc. I also do a free meet before I sit for you so the children know me, especially if I'm sitting for someone I've never met and they say child will be asleep when I get there, as that child won't have a clue who I am should they wake up.

Yet the amount of people messaging me for babysitting and refuse to meet me before or try to barter my hourly rate down to £3 an hour because that's what their 16 year old neighbour charges is crazy. It seems that a lot of people don't place a lot of value on their child and genuinely don't mind who looks after them. Bizarrely, one set of parents tried to knock my price down when they returned from their night out from £10ph to £2.50 per hour because they felt £10 was too expensive for "watching our TV while the child is sleeping and doesn't actually require looking after as such".

So to hear that people use random babysitters without getting to know them doesn't surprise me at all. People often ask if I will babysit for free in return for a "glowing reference" and I've had someone asking for a weekends free babysitting in return for a mention on their Instagram page.

• Wow
I fucked up my life by getting sucked in. I’m still in debt and struggling hugely. I consider myself to be a pretty intelligent adult but I was a first time mum and lonely. These instamums were in similar careers with what I thought would be a similar salary yet I couldn’t keep up! I’m drowning now and feel so silly.

• Sad
  • Wow

GreyWolf

VIP Member
Thing is I was wearing Boden in the 90's and dressing my kids in it in the early 00's well before any influencers or Instagram were around . Hell , Ive even had a Weber BBQ for a couple of years....I've obviously missed a trick by not getting one #gifted
One thing's for sure hell would freeze over before I sold my soul to show my life/family on line ....these people have no morals ( and I'm also a HCP so it wouldn't sit easy with me and my code of conduct!)
I still do like a bit of Boden, although I try to hate them for giving out freebies. I’ve got Boden clothes that are 11 years old and on the 4 th daughter and still going strong. I believe many of their kids clothes to be good quality and if bought on sale worth it in the long run. But I hate they work with these women.
I have been approached 3 times over the last few years to work with brands, sell my kids. There’s an unusual aspect to my family and my account was not private for a while. We thought long and hard, we are not wealthy, we rent our home. It would be easy money. We chose not to do any of them and I made my account private and got rid of many followers. Several of the instamums follow me, I’m friends with a few bigger accounts, I could have used all of this to boost my account and get more involved. We decided the risk (mainly social media, mental health) was too great. That the attention would have negative effects and we could not justify this. Our children’s welfare is our responsibility. So I made my account private and turned down the offers. I sometimes kick myself as we are still struggling financially but with vulnerable teenagers it was the right decision. Not saying it would have been anything like the size of these big accounts obviously but it all started somewhere.

• Heart

judsmum

Chatty Member
I have taken my son to festivals since he was in the womb, we go to several every year. We’re at Ynot festival as I type this - it’s pissing it down by the way! We’ve never struggled to keep him entertained, I’ve never missed getting shitfaced with my mates (because I’m not 18 anymore) and i’ve never had to hire a nanny to play with him because I consider festivals to be family time and we’re his family. We travel a lot and he’s been going on planes from being weeks old - I’ve never made a big song and dance about it. The od’s are not the only people who travel yet most of us can do so without writing post upon post of endless twaddle about how hard it is - it’s really not and also most of us do it with real, full time jobs and no hired help.

• Heart
Yes, yes, so maybe 'intelligent in their own way' and 'emotional intelligence' whatever. They're just pretty ways of saying someone isn't academically intelligent, and really not that capable of analysis, critical thinking, information processing etc.

But, I'm not going to get bogged down in defending my opinion. So, as you were.
Well I'm going to get bogged down in telling you're a snob, and so dismissive of the work others put into caring for someone else's children. I have a degree and work in a field where I need to be intelligent and a fast learner - and guess what, I also worked in childcare for years. Children challenge you, keep you on your toes and so dismissing the skill or intellect of childcare workers as just 'intelligent in their own way' or 'emotionally intelligent' - is frankly rude and insulting. It's intelligence, end of.

• Heart

dragonsden62

Chatty Member
I think Instagram should have the dislike option as well as the like I think that would give a truer reflection of people’s opinion

Reactions: 22

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Inspirational?

Of course they all automatically remind me of Rosa Parks, Marie curie,Kelly Holmes, J. K. Rowling etc,

• Haha
  • Heart

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
If that was gifted I hope he knows the rules around declaring it on his tax return, the cut off value is £250. I can sleep soundly now I know the OD's are eating properly. I've been so worried the brand new kitchen and free Gusto's just weren't going to be sufficient, I was going to put a plea out to Hello Fresh on their behalf.

• Haha