Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
Just seen St. Clemmie's slightly terse reply about using a festival Nanny. Apparently, she used them when the twins had chicken pox, so couldn't go to nursery for a while. Which begs the question, considering she only works one day a week, why she didn't bother to, you know, actually care for her own children when they were I'll? When my children had chicken pox all they wanted was their Mummy.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

mechanicmum

I think the fact that the 'feckless nannies' advertise "hangover slots" says all you need to know about how they view family time at a festival

• Haha

GingerRogers

As a child I attended festival upon festival with my parents, WOMAD every summer for at least 1/2 of the days, V Fest as a teen, Reading etc. There are some incredibly treasured memories in my head because of this, and because, y’know, shock horror... my parents spent time with us!

I honestly am gobsmacked at the idea of festival nannies; feckless, freckled or otherwise. It makes my heart and stomach hurt thinking about putting my baby with a childminder for one day a week come autumn so I can go to work (as a fellow saintly Midwife 😇), so I truly cannot fathom the thought process that goes into putting your kids with hired help, to then stand 10ft away from them to swig your lukewarm Hendrick’s in peace. This is beyond comprehension!

I may have become an emotional soft touch since having my baby, but fuck, I feel so sad for those children.

• Heart
  • Sad

Pommes

Chatty Member
I think MNHQ did the Mumsnet population a disservice by not allowing those conversations to continue. It is clear from the Tattle threads the negative impact that Instamums have had on new mothers, and speaking about it helps. The threads also moved so fast, much faster than anything I’ve ever seen on Mumsnet before. I spend more time on Tattle now.

Reactions: 21

Zigazigahh

I’m a 35 year old educated woman with two young children, married, working full time- and I can’t believe how much I’ve been sucked into the Instagram black hole!!! I’m actually embarrassed at myself for lusting after the jewellery, the cushions, the clothes, even the holidays. I’m so glad I found this site. It’s brought me back down to earth with a bump and I’m so glad. I know this site may be perceived as mean or bitter by outsiders but it’s just a true and honest view, which is much needed. Honestly, I’m so shocked at myself and glad that MOD and clemmie Telford (I cant stand that wannabe MOD) started to post things that disillusioned me slightly and led me here. I’m feeling much better after being here and reading these posts. Not because I’m enjoying the negativity, but because I’m enjoying the truths and the clearer views- rather than the “insta” views perceived through rose tinted glasses. Anyway, thankyou all, I’m feeling much less crap about my life and how much I have to work and I’m feeling very lucky with my little family and my little lot- even if we are always skint 😂 I’d much rather have my life than the life of those we talk about- and thats the truth.
Wow you have hit the nail on the head here. I could have written this myself (albeit not so eloquently). Over the last year or two I have seriously toyed with buying some of the insta-mum merch and boy am I glad I didn’t. I am inwardly cringing by how sucked in I was by it all. Like you, I’m just glad I’ve seen the light before I ended up in a Mama jumper and 50 quid down. I’ve unfollowed the lot of them. I may pop in from time to time as some of their content was relevant/useful/interesting however it will certainly not dominate my feed. Here’s to real life and real friends.

GreyWolf

VIP Member
I'm with you @Waitingonyou I spent more money than I should on strong girls club merch, some jewellery collabs (not MODs!) and other pointless insta buys. It's even affecting me now, I'm pregnant and worrying it won't be good enough not having a fancy changing bag, an Elvie pump, a sleephead, a snuzpod.... On and on it goes.
Do you know I had a baby last summer and she was unexpected, I hadn’t saved anything from my 3 yr old. I had no breast pump (still feeding and never needed it) no sleepyhead, she slept in her Moses basket. And Asda spacesaver cot and mattress package. And mainly second hand clothes. She’s just as happy and delightful as my 3 yr old 😊 oh and I’ve never ever used a change bag! I just chucked a nappy and change of clothes in my tuck sack with snacks and water!

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
She obviously reads this. Why else address it in her stories.

She can’t come back onto the threads after the mumsnet disaster so I suppose stories is the only way.

Can the mods publish the traffic for this thread? Would be interesting to know ish the number of unique users who come and read!
She definitely knows of its existence, Clemmie and Simon hooper threatened legal action through their agents if all the threads weren't deleted within 24 hours, several months ago. Admin spent a long time over multiple emails telling the agent how strict the rules are and to provide a list of posts they want to be investigated and were promised they would be looked into as a priority. They never did give a list of posts and only wanted all the threads deleted and nothing spoken about them.

Don't know about this thread, but over 350k different devices access tattle last month. Although some could be the same person on a different device.

• Wow

OrangeKelp

The more I see from Camp Bestival the more mortified I am for people. Adults. In costumes. 😕
Camp Bestival is brilliant fun. It really is. And most people who go are completely normal. The IGers make it look weird and cringily middle class, but it feels brilliant when you are there, and you can totally ignore all their nonsense, which we did!

Our children were with us the entire weekend, we shared it with friends, danced, ate, sang, relaxed... probably v different from the ODs and their ilk but then we bring our severely disabled son along with us because CB is fantastically accessible.

• Heart

Thornbird

I've read all of this, and it resonates so strongly. After the birth of my 2nd daughter I developed PND and fell down an insta hole following these women. I made myself feel like total shit about my assisted birth, reading their birth stories and looking at everything I was supposed to be doing. It was a bad time. I had gone from a very hectic work life being in charge of lots of people to being at home with these vapid idiots for company. I got better, blocked every single one and never looked back. But I am still furious that these women peddle shit to vulnerable women and wrap it all up in twee feminist slogans. These aren't feminists, they take advantage of women (and their own daughters) for money and endless stuff.

• Heart
  • Sad

Pommes

Chatty Member
The midwifery aspect particularly upsets me (maybe cause I’m also a midwife). It seems particularly cunty to exploit that as her USP when it’s clear she doesn’t really care/ actually work as a midwife much.
There are some wonderful midwives and birth workers out there but they’re not as pretty so perhaps don’t get the same publicity. Or the message that she’s truly about - making others feel inadequate so they buy shit- just doesn’t sit well alongside.
The name ‘midwife’ means ‘with woman’. Is she really with all women? Not from what I’ve seen
Thank you for all that you do for women in your role as a midwife, sincerely.

Although let’s not forget, Clemmie reviews holidays and cereals and all sorts... for women, obvs. I was reading that her local (like a 15 minute drive away) hospital closed their maternity unit last week because of staffing shortage. It happens several times a year and the labouring women are sent nearly an hour away to another Kent hospital. Still, MOD is so passionate one day a week... 2hrs away.

GreyWolf

VIP Member
92F86438-F299-4C14-A00B-93D36589A7AF.jpeg

Haha

Also he can afford a £15 top when the ad below is gousto providing every dinner 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 20

GreyWolf

VIP Member
So I've read through this one as I was brought here by PTWM.

I cant help but feel sorry for mod and fod. I feel they're very damned If they do and very damned it they dont.

So I understand that people are angry She does 1 shift a week for nhs? But if she left her role as a midwife. Would there be a witch hunt for 'wasting'her nhs training and there is a shortage of midwives. Shes been very lucky to have been snapped up, get paid for the ads and all that. If she makes so much, she could technically leave? So makes me wonder why she hasnt? Is that because she actually enjoys her role still and doesnt want to step back from it?

I understand they are crap for #gifted #ad they must whince everytime they gotta post it, as they know they're gonna get hate. But hey if your getting laid to use something that you think is good and worth while. I cannot knock them. However, if they start doing bombod and carfumes (geordie shore paradise!) Then yes I'd have to agree.

I dont think clemmie has always been this snappy. I think shes defensive and sensitive. I feel shes got her back up as she does get quite bit of hate, so shes had to 'harden's up. Where as you can tell, simon doesnt care and he doesnt take it to heart.

Refuse to comment on appearance. My pet hate. Not my bag guys.

Yes they over expose their children, but I have thay pet hate even with my friends and family who leave their pages public!
You feel sorry for them? Why are you here? They don’t feel sorry for themselves they are enjoying every minute of wealth they sell their children for.
Who said they were angry she works one shift a week? She uses her one shift a week to base her USP on, it’s something she’s shared she does in her spare time, when she’s not influencing people to buy crap.
Not sure why you are trying to take some moral high ground with your ‘pet hate’ and ‘not my bag guys’ no one cares whether it is or not. Apart from her at times awful gifted clothes and collaborated teeth extensions, appearance is not discussed. So the aspects of appearance discussed are #ad or #gifted, what she is actually trying to sell you 🙄.
Are your friends who over expose their children sat with £240k in the bank, new house and private schools from selling their kids or do you just get sick of all the photos they share?
Sorry but coming on to a discussion and trying to come across as better than everyone else and put them in their place taking the moral high ground, is my pet hate and not my bag.

Har har har and I really really doubt they ‘wince’ when they post ADs. I don’t care if she sits eating chocolate strawberries 24/7 it’s the ADs, humblebragging, inability to interact with the majority of people that respond, blocking and deleting any tiny negative response, flogging their children whilst cracking on it’s just a glimpse of their everyday life etc
Bless them. Wincing away as they rub their hands in glee and pat themselves on the back that the curly haired moppets have earned them another £20k advert, but oh so annoying that there will be a dissenting few who try to ruin it for them by suggesting that a £2.3k rap singing, FOD dancing BBQ isn’t really affordable for most people. How tedious to have to delete these irritants.

Last edited:
  • Heart

dragonsden62

Chatty Member
People who are negatively responding to endoduck don’t get the point- no one cares if someone has a brass band looking after their children it’s the lies they spin “ look at us oooh groaning car full of unruly kids and stuff we have to take, poor us hope we make it through the weekend in one piece” . Then the photos of the private nanny pop up oh and what’s that didnt FOD do an AD about limiting screen space and bore on about his quest to limit the kids usage 🤔 but then, what’s that? oh look a whole basket of headphones,cables, iPads etc Now if he’d said “we are off to the festival but hey guess what you can hire a nanny when you are there” that might actually encourage more parents to go and drum up business for freckles nanny services and if he had said “hey for a bit of peace and quiet I’ve relaxed the no screens for a bit” then all fair and good but they don’t because they are LIARS spinning a false image because they are not normal parents they market their lives and their children for MONEY 💰 it’s not rocket science, people just want transparency not smoke and mirrors because as FOD/MOD now realise the truth comes out in the end

• Heart

Madbadsad

View attachment 30033
Ah bless Clemmie, we have a lot of ideas about what to say - the truth!! you money-grabbing, DJ wannabe 😂
She wasn’t killing with kindness. She was sarcastic in a passive aggressive way.
I don’t see much kindness from her. That’s half the trouble.
If you put yourself out there you will get shit back. Especially if there is an incongruence between your ‘message’ and your actual message.
It’s a strange mixture of needing all this external validation from the fan girls. But not having the emotional maturity to have a thicker skin and take any kind of criticism.

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
As suspected they didn’t DJ live. They sent their chosen tracks to a bloke who does a Fatboy Slim tribute act and he made a mix and stuck the file onto a memory stick so they just plugged it in and pranced about.

And the crowd lapped it up.

We get the heroes we deserve.

• Haha
  • Wow

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
The tide is turning. Yes they still have loads of deranged fans piling in to defend, but most posts now have a number of people calling the out.

Cue saint Clem in scrubs this week reminding us that following her expensive, privileged festival experience, she’s still a self sacrificing midwife.

Lln81

Here’s to real life and real friends.
Here here. These people are not your friends, you are sales targets. For most instamums gone are the days where they were lonely first time mums looking for camaraderie on social media, they are now all ‘influencers’ who are seeking to get as much engagement from you as possible so that their sales posts hit the targets they need.

• Heart