Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
he definitely did have his own insta prior to the FOD account, it was ‘hoops’ with a bunch of numbers after it. I specifically remember this because I listened to a podcast with clemmie discussing how popular FOD had become and how he’d never been on insta before that, and remember thinking that was untrue. His old account had mostly wannabe artistic photosfrom what I guess were his work travels.

I could never understand why his account got so popular, I’ve always found him extremely thirsty and irritating!!

Loved MOD back in the gas and air blog days but after watching that fool around with your gf show she is like another person really to how she originally presented herself on gas and air. She had such a good angle going for herself as a midwife I can’t believe she blew it!
I agree, I came across her when she was pregnant with the twins and loved her page. She seemed so passionate about midwifery but also had a lovely normal home life in a beautiful house. I work for the NHS too and it was great to see it portrayed as a positive, rewarding workplace (unlike how it’s usually shown in media etc). It started to go downhill a bit for me when the ads started to take over, the Dorset Cereal one sticks in my mind. Then the endless holidays started and I realized she no was no longer doing it for the same reasons.
I followed FOD for a bit but he just annoyed me, his account didn't ever feel genuine to me. I also have a pet hate that Book publishers will pass by genuinely talented writers but give someone like this a book deal?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

Bananabelle

Long time lurker here but I just wanted to chip in on the pregnancy book discussion. I was gifted this, and the diary, in my second pregnancy and as others say it's so minimum on the actual information. That review is so interesting and so true, but I've never even thought of it before! I found it a relatively nice read (but probably would have been disappointed by the lack of real content if it was my first pregnancy) but actually it's so true how shaming all of that stuff is and I drank it all up willingly. I wonder now if it's subconsciously added to some of my hang ups about my body and vision of what parenthood should be. It fits right in to the "yummy mummy" profile and is not at all accessible to anyone who can't afford a middle class lifestyle

• Heart

Axatogrind

VIP Member
If Clemmie has made some of us on here wonder about our bodies being judged during childbirth, then no doubt there are plenty of others who have read the book who feel the same. I find it really sad.

@Dogmuck - you've just said perfectly what I was having trouble finding the words to say! "Another layer of crap". That's exactly how it feels.

Sad 😞

• Heart

Rosieee

VIP Member
I am 3.5months pregnant with baby number 3. I dread to think that midwives might be judging my bits when I am too fat to administrate the fanny to their taste.
I’ve been away lately so couldn’t catch up but will just add that my cousin is a Gynecologist and I once asked him if it was important to wax for birth and he laugh so hard telling me that when you’re 10cm dilated, hair or no hair makes absolutely no difference. They don’t give a fuck and so should we.

• Heart
  • Haha

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Size 10?! I don’t think so. Why is she giving pregnant women unrealistic body goals? Yep, so inappropriate for a midwife to add to the vortex of insecurity a woman feels when faced with their post-birth body in the mirror.

Sounds like her book is a big pile of Dogmuck (not to take your name in vain, @Dogmuck)

• Haha
  • Heart

frostily

VIP Member
I don’t understand how someone could possibly accept a freebie from someone in the current climate when they can clearly afford to pay for it.
Exactly this. Even if they’re offered it free for “exposure” surely the “kind” thing to do would be to politely decline a freebie and insist on paying 😡

• Heart
  • Haha

sassmaster3000

Chatty Member
Okay I hope nobody will report me for going off-topic but FOD hasn't posted in six weeks so 🤷🏼‍♀️.

It's not so entertaining. I think we both realized like after two seconds "okay there is no chemistry"... Still ordered a drink but the smalltalk was so boring. He was talking a lot but without getting specific. I asked him for example what he had been up to today and then he talked for 5 minutes about YouTube videos and that there are many interesting ones where people teach you stuff and he started watching them and there are lots of experts and during lockdown he really got into certain topics but he never said what kind of topics and I was like "okay are you watching videos about playing the ukulele or learning Chinese or about how to dispose a body ????" Then we started talking about football and I think he realized that I know a lot about it and then he was like "wow for a girl you know a lot... That's special" and I was like: is it 1922 🙄??? At one point our smalltalk was so basic that I thought okay "when will he ask me about my favourite colour or pet (blue and dogs btw) ?" that was worse that the date I had a few years ago with a man whose first question was "do you like board games?"

You’re not alone on the bad date front, I’m right here with you! Currently counting down the days til I move out of my flat and hopefully never see my neighbour ever ever ever again 😂🤦🏽‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

SansaStark

We are actually avid riders ourselves... Maybe our trip should be a Sunday morning cycle instead.... 😂

Knock on the door, cock my head to one side and ask "you OK hun" whilst modelling a boiler suit and chunky boot combo?
Don’t forget the red lip and fringe on/off! Best take a chunky knit too as it might be chilly 🥶 and I’m not talking about coastal breezes 🤭

• Haha

Middleagedwannagramma_

The bot buying is the part about this whole saga that I find the most illogical and creepy, it has the same weird feel as someone who would buy themselves birthday cards.

Last edited:
  • Haha

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Sign me up for "some proper hand action"...

:ROFLMAO:

Tell me I'm not the only one with a dirty mind.

Pre twins I think she could have been a 10.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Buying a leather biker jacket was prenatal self care, I believe? I mean, it sits well with prenatal fanny admin.

🤮
Yes that’s right. Think it was to hang in wardrobe as something to look forward to using when the baby was born 😩😩 I’m still a stone heavier than usual, I think I’d get trapped in anything leather in my pre pregnancy size. I would have had more respect for her if she’d written ‘buy as many pairs of giant cotton pants that you can fit in your drawer and keep hold of those maternity leggings as they aren’t going anywhere’

• Haha

sassmaster3000

Chatty Member
This must be such a lovely time for their kids to just feel like normal children, without being broadcast across the globe

• Heart

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
I’m also on the Mrs Meldrum threads. There is a lot of speculation that she came off in order to claim the self employed furlough payment. Based on last 3 years average earnings... Reckon the SOD’s could be doing this?!
OMFG that better not be true. Argh that's made me so angry.

• Angry
Reactions: 17