MOD & FOD #35 Hiding out by the coast, luckily there’s old pics to roast

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jesus. I was honestly hoping that the days of gifting and ads would be coming to an end on IG. Unbelievable that places that have been closed during lockdown are still giving away haircuts etc. No idea how the furlough thing worked, but a lot of hairdressers are self employed as well, even when they work in a salon.

Seems like everything’s back to normal then 🙄 AND they should’ve marked it as gifted.
Nicola Chapman got the train from Norwich to London yesterday to get her gifted Josh Wood haircut!

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
I don’t understand how someone could possibly accept a freebie from someone in the current climate when they can clearly afford to pay for it.
Exactly this. Even if they’re offered it free for “exposure” surely the “kind” thing to do would be to politely decline a freebie and insist on paying 😡

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
It also appears that the fragrant India Knight also got a free do.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Exactly this. Even if they’re offered it free for “exposure” surely the “kind” thing to do would be to politely decline a freebie and insist on paying 😡
Yes! How about saying ‘that’s very kind of you, but I’ll pay and still share my wonderful experience and tell others’ 🤦🏼‍♀️ Bloody arsewipes

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I did the laughing reaction to this....fully agree with you but as if these entitled fuckers would decline a freebie.
They see ‘curating their squares’ as work so why shouldn’t they get a free haircut in return. All so ridiculous!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I did the laughing reaction to this....fully agree with you but as if these entitled fuckers would decline a freebie.
They see ‘curating their squares’ as work so why shouldn’t they get a free haircut in return. All so ridiculous!
The sooner Instagram dies the better. These people are too old for the new socials coming out so they’ll have to get “real life” jobs 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The sooner Instagram dies the better. These people are too old for the new socials coming out so they’ll have to get “real life” jobs 🙄
So true! My teenagers laugh at me when I mention insta..‘God mum, you are soooo old, no one looks at THAT anymore’ 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I was thinking about this the other day, the lady behind Wyse London had her account hacked and was posting via another one, devastated she'd lost her insta following. I watched her stories thinking, mate if your business relies to that degree on a social media app, you need to rethink your business plan.

Reactions: 10
I was thinking about this the other day, the lady behind Wyse London had her account hacked and was posting via another one, devastated she'd lost her insta following. I watched her stories thinking, mate if your business relies to that degree on a social media app, you need to rethink your business plan.
Not the same hackers that targeted FOD then? Or maybe the hackers stole her following to give to FOD in some sort of 2020 warped cyber Robin Hood scenario 😛

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yes I think so many are completely dependent on it. Like their trade is just Instagram. No product, or skill they’re selling. Not even another social media platform. Just Instagram.

Reactions: 8
I’m defending them, but it is possible they had to pay for it this time. I can’t imagine any hairdresser who’s been shut for four months will be doing freebies straight off the bat. I know my hairdresser is fully booked up already and she’s doing her regulars when it opens.
Also, I had a look through her own account@helenwearsasize18 and there are frequent posts of things she has been ‘sent’ like face cream and jewellery with no hashtags of gifted etc.

Reactions: 7
They could still advertise by shock, horror! Paying for a service and then publicising the product / outcome on their feed. All this quid pro quo tit which basically translates as them receiving something for free is soooooo horrible.

• Heart
  • Wow
Have you seen this that CB is promoting? Seems a shame Clemmie can't get involved, right up her street #wombstories

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yes I think so many are completely dependent on it. Like their trade is just Instagram. No product, or skill they’re selling. Not even another social media platform. Just Instagram.
The personnel of marketing departments and advertising agencies must snigger when they book Instagram influencers for campaigns.

Those staff are paid without sharing their kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, pregnancies, miscarriages, births, holidays and Christmas with total strangers. They receive their salary, and maybe even a nice bonus, without compromising their privacy. They don’t depend on gifted stuff that is never quite their taste and holidays they wouldn’t necessarily choose themselves to bump up their yearly income.

Yet they all work more or less in the same industry!

The cost to a family’s wellbeing and privacy means no campaign is highly enough remunerated. Just ask the Hoopers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.