MOD & FOD #32 Herringbone, it’s Clem. I need new locks, the skeletons have escaped

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I once followed MOD on IG ( please don't judge!) as she was a fellow HCP and I was impressed at the time how she seemed to juggle everything - how naive was I?!
I remember her asking on IG for suggestions for holiday destinations for special trip for her mother's 70th birthday....as someone who loves long haul tropical destinations , I gave her a couple of suggestions via dm , which she thanked me for ( she was onv looking for ideas to tout for best freebies- I suggested Thailand or Caribbean- but that we usually flew business class ...difference being that we actually pay for these upgrades ourselves for our once a year holiday - not x5 hols/year! ) ...around the same time she also popped up on Mumsnet ( again , please dont judge!) and there was quite a heated discussion about her on there which I got involved in ( and how I first heard about Tattle - thankyou!!!) ...and where I then discovered she was just a salesperson trying to get as many freebies as she could at the expense of her girls' privacy....I mentioned on there I'd had suggested some holiday options.....she then came back on to my IG messages quite aggressively, saying how dare I reveal our discussion as it was meant to be a surprise 🙄.... I blocked her after that as she came across as thoroughly unpleasant mean girl and total full of her own importance ...like who the duck cares where you're thinking of taking your mother on holiday with family ! ....turns out that worked out well and she didn't get the freebie holiday for mumma she thought she would 😂
It’s interesting you say about her having it all, like not shaming anyone who has to return part time or flexi time after kids but you can’t pretend to be doing it all~ whilst spending just one day at work a week 😂 with full time childcare! It’s another layer of these women’s smoke and mirrors creating ridiculous perceptions of their lifestyle, just to make other women feel like tit about themselves.

As much as the Texan and Huddersfield huns are complicit in this problem (like... the 80k people who clearly don’t give a duck about racism or child flogging and just want to see 2018 interiors), they are also victims themselves? If even contributors to this thread who are eyes wide open don’t know the full extent to the freebie & cash grabbing ways of the SODs what chance does ur avg Joe have? When they defend them in comments like they’re pals, when the SODs literally will take money off of anyone offering to make you feel like you need to buy XYZ else you’re not up to scratch?mad init 🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴

Reactions: 14
I was thinking the other day that this must be really hard going on the older daughters, they had become accustomed to the perks. They had lots of freebie clothing/shoes/toys/books/holidays and now that’s all dried up. It must be a bit of of shock for Clem and Sly to have to buy everything for their 4 girls. I know there company held a lot of money but when you are gifted everything it must skew reality and now they are very much facing the cold hard reality that this is it. There bubble has burst and they aren’t going back to what they had.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I once followed MOD on IG ( please don't judge!) as she was a fellow HCP and I was impressed at the time how she seemed to juggle everything - how naive was I?!
I remember her asking on IG for suggestions for holiday destinations for special trip for her mother's 70th birthday....as someone who loves long haul tropical destinations , I gave her a couple of suggestions via dm , which she thanked me for ( she was onv looking for ideas to tout for best freebies- I suggested Thailand or Caribbean- but that we usually flew business class ...difference being that we actually pay for these upgrades ourselves for our once a year holiday - not x5 hols/year! ) ...around the same time she also popped up on Mumsnet ( again , please dont judge!) and there was quite a heated discussion about her on there which I got involved in ( and how I first heard about Tattle - thankyou!!!) ...and where I then discovered she was just a salesperson trying to get as many freebies as she could at the expense of her girls' privacy....I mentioned on there I'd had suggested some holiday options.....she then came back on to my IG messages quite aggressively, saying how dare I reveal our discussion as it was meant to be a surprise 🙄.... I blocked her after that as she came across as thoroughly unpleasant mean girl and total full of her own importance ...like who the duck cares where you're thinking of taking your mother on holiday with family ! ....turns out that worked out well and she didn't get the freebie holiday for mumma she thought she would 😂
I remember that thread on MN! And your posts! (Not username, my memory isn’t that good.) I was already super weary of what the OD’s were doing (my main issue has and always will be the girls consent) but learning that asking for recs really meant expecting freebies surprised me since so many influencers do it. So even when micro influencers that I actually like ask for suggestions I keep my mouth shut.

Reactions: 15
I was thinking the other day that this must be really hard going on the older daughters, they had become accustomed to the perks. They had lots of freebie clothing/shoes/toys/books/holidays and now that’s all dried up. It must be a bit of of shock for Clem and Sly to have to buy everything for their 4 girls. I know there company held a lot of money but when you are gifted everything it must skew reality and now they are very much facing the cold hard reality that this is it. There bubble has burst and they aren’t going back to what they had.
I know :( I think it’s dependent on how the parents deal with it tbh, and they’re clearly not coping with the massive drop in income & lifestyle (freebies) if a 40 year old bloke is crying to Insta over spindles and the fact he may have to actually use a heat gun for 30+ hours like the rest of us, so I can’t imagine they’re the best at managing this internally?

One of my teenage best friends went through something sort of similar I suppose, obvs sans Instagram and racism scandal. Her dad got done for insider trading loool & they went from obscenely rich (like faaaar beyond any insta mama, their house was Michael Jackson levels) to absolutely nothing. We were always scared of how blunt and dismissive her parents were of teenage tears and am drams but it clearly is the only way to handle it, you can create wallowing woe is me bore off children or you can show them that life is like this sometimes and all you can do is work through it and try to find a new happy? I can’t imagine how much harder the situation would have been if the parents indulged the children’s whinging or contributed their own, or like the SODs maintained those dreams of what once was (HoH account) or maintained delusions of prior grandeur (£300 loo flushes).

I remember that thread on MN! And your posts! (Not username, my memory isn’t that good.) I was already super weary of what the OD’s were doing (my main issue has and always will be the girls consent) but learning that asking for recs really meant expecting freebies surprised me since so many influencers do it. So even when micro influencers that I actually like ask for suggestions I keep my mouth shut.
they’re all in cahoots with each other, have you noticed how their peers always @ the brands in the post to flag it? They must brief each other on what they want and say oh pls tag xyz 😂 it’s so blatant!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
London is full of these arseholes. I live in South London and can't go for a coffee locally because I can't bear them taking the place over and expecting everyone to part like the sea for them when they won't even entertain the idea of folding their prams. I can imagine there are parts of east London where it's a trillion times worse though. I genuinely feel sorry for the locals in Dalston/Hackney with these urban dwelling cosplayers.
This exactly. Now they have found their way down to wear I live on the coast. Every cafe pre lockdown was full of their braying voices. Going on and on about their kids expensive schools and cars and crap. They have no volume control and no control over their children. Awful!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
No judgement from me - I used to follow Clembot too (never the twerp though - I remember glancing at his page and finding him unutterably boring and annoying!)
I can’t remember why I was following her - but I do remember that towards the ‘end’, I never used to watch her stories as she seemed so bored / ungrateful / unaffected by her good fortune.

Thanks for sharing your DM experiences with her. What a princess for coming down on you for discussing ‘sacred’ conversations! LOL - if you want your mum’s holiday to be a ‘surprise’, don’t tout for freebies suggestions to your large Instagram following!!

• Haha
Comment about aligning herself with Towie reality celebs is bang on - let us never forget her stint on “fooling around with my girlfriend” or whatever that was.... someone link again for posterity PLEASE! Would bet the mortgage She applied for Big brother.

The freebie long haul holidays they got were off season travel agent type trips. Antigua/Mauritius in May. The Disney trio looked terrible, they came back exhausted and never took the twins long haul again. The road trip to France pissed me off - Clemmie with her “low expectations” and then not naming the place til they’d done a deal with the owners (can imagine the convo “look how much engagement we’ve had! What will you give us to name the place...”)

Martinhaal looks very average for the price. Must have been when resort was new and getting established that they got a peak freebie. Sort of people who can afford that would pay for the cheap seats at Sani or Ikos IMO.

MW in Turkey was right at the end of the holiday, I wonder if negotiated last min on to fill up the rooms? They went easyJet so presumably paid. And the flight back looked hideous. Huge delays. My stepkids did that same holiday with their mum and had the same killer flight delay.

Dunno what I’m trying to achieve with this post.... maybe just some of the reality behind the shiny post. Travelling with young kids is tit, not aspirational in any way. You might get 3 nice photos in a week of same tit, different place, harder work as less convenient. Is it worth it?!!

Reactions: 21
I did think twice about posting that photo. Women supporting women, body shaming etc, etc, etc but then thought no, duck it! so here it is again...🤗
Ha ha! I love this so much I might make it my screensaver for the day. I’m so confused by the shirt?! If you was styled into this and you allowed it then what is wrong with you Clemmie? And if you chose this lewk yourself then what is wrong with your Clemmie? Your dream of becoming a respected style influencer died right here I think.

CLOSE YOUR bleeping MOUTH. This woman is just awful. They’re all as bad as each other
Did you see the photos of DLAM and MoD on a cruise together? Open gobs ahoy!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
....I mentioned on there I'd had suggested some holiday options.....she then came back on to my IG messages quite aggressively, saying how dare I reveal our discussion as it was meant to be a surprise 🙄....
Does that mean Clemmie's mother wasn't likely to see anything about this 'surprise' on Clemmie's own instagram, but WAS likely to see it on a mumsnet thread about influencer ethics? Interesting..... 🤔😜

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Sorry she was such a dick to you but thanks so much for sharing. Can’t say I’m surprised at all, she’s so uptight and boring and sanctimonious. Perhaps if she’d been more pleasant on the way up, she wouldn’t have so many people enjoying watching her fall down now. Anyone else now thinking of the ‘She choooooooose doooowwwwn!’ scene from Labyrinth?!

• Haha
Comment about aligning herself with Towie reality celebs is bang on - let us never forget her stint on “fooling around with my girlfriend” or whatever that was.... someone link again for posterity PLEASE! Would bet the mortgage She applied for Big brother.

The freebie long haul holidays they got were off season travel agent type trips. Antigua/Mauritius in May. The Disney trio looked terrible, they came back exhausted and never took the twins long haul again. The road trip to France pissed me off - Clemmie with her “low expectations” and then not naming the place til they’d done a deal with the owners (can imagine the convo “look how much engagement we’ve had! What will you give us to name the place...”)

Martinhaal looks very average for the price. Must have been when resort was new and getting established that they got a peak freebie. Sort of people who can afford that would pay for the cheap seats at Sani or Ikos IMO.

MW in Turkey was right at the end of the holiday, I wonder if negotiated last min on to fill up the rooms? They went easyJet so presumably paid. And the flight back looked hideous. Huge delays. My stepkids did that same holiday with their mum and had the same killer flight delay.

Dunno what I’m trying to achieve with this post.... maybe just some of the reality behind the shiny post. Travelling with young kids is tit, not aspirational in any way. You might get 3 nice photos in a week of same tit, different place, harder work as less convenient. Is it worth it?!!
Martinhal has been going for ages, as the local yummy mummies have been recommending it on our local Internet forum for over a decade. I did look up the prices once and there are loads of different kinds of villas with the cheapest being pretty affordable compared to the Destinology places. She was exactly their target market with that one.

This isn’t body shaming, it’s outfit shaming🤣
This exactly. MoD’s least flattering outfit looks like me after a diet, plus I look like a moose and she’s pretty, so I wouldn’t judge her appearance if I wanted to, but I was so surprised to see on her birth story photo how slim she was at nine months pregnant with twins. She seriously does not dress remotely well. Somehow she manages to accentuate the wrong bits and hide the good. I was always mystified why brands wanted her wearing their clothes.

Reactions: 11
No judgement from me - I used to follow Clembot too (never the twerp though - I remember glancing at his page and finding him unutterably boring and annoying!)
I can’t remember why I was following her - but I do remember that towards the ‘end’, I never used to watch her stories as she seemed so bored / ungrateful / unaffected by her good fortune.

Thanks for sharing your DM experiences with her. What a princess for coming down on you for discussing ‘sacred’ conversations! LOL - if you want your mum’s holiday to be a ‘surprise’, don’t tout for freebies suggestions to your large Instagram following!!
hang-on... She told you that you had ruined the surprise on Mums-net when she had already asked for recommendations on insta? I remember dickheads at school that used to do that tit. Proper mean girl.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I now think it’s hilarious but very cringe when the influencers ask for suggestions on things when it’s so blatant they’re on the scrounge.
Like Finlay Fox asking where to buy paint 😂 errr, a DIY shop or farrowandball.com! Annnnddddddd GOOGLE it fuckers!

You can almost hear them sigh when us plebs innocently offer a suggestion rather than a brand throwing a freebie their way!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.