MOD & FOD #32 Herringbone, it’s Clem. I need new locks, the skeletons have escaped

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry to derail the thread, but honestly this carpet can’t have seen a vacuum in 2020 fancy letting your kids crawl on it and put their hands in their mouth etc, much less do insta shoots on it?!

View attachment 150247

Wondering what’s wrong with me that I’d genuinely really like to clean it just to see how much better we could get it with just a lil brush head on the vac and a domestic carpet cleaner. Maybe V4 floors could help her out instead of the racists.
Never heard of this one either. Just had a quick looksee. Oh my god!! I think you so have it on the head about these lot thinking they’ve got to go totally the other side of the insta-mum spectrum and NOT be all fashion forward with a red lip and trainer but Christ Alive. They’re just gross 😂

haha I bet you’d love to give her carpet a well-needed clean with one of your many hoovers and carpet cleaners 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Well said lady, but help a girl out here, I just went and looked at that DLAM fellas Instagram account and it appears no fucks are being given by her and she’s busy with fashion and swipe ups. Are they just bleeping stupid or do they just think they are superior. On the advice of young @Tothemoonandback I went and had a snoop on DLAMs Tattle page to get the full picture of her crappy behaviour. It’s obscene and now she’s like meh ✅ done that black stuff and I’m gonna ignore the criticism I have some #ads to get out. How is this fcuking happening? These fkrs are the same as Jim Davison and Bernard Manning for me yet they are allowed to ponce around selling tit with zero accountability. I’m raging 😤
I don’t think any of these Instamumhuns are terribly intelligent or savvy but DLAM in particular seems like she’d struggle to manage a challenging conversation with her followers. You know how Mother Pukka is pretty articulate and seems capable of objectivity and can hold her own if she needs to? Yeah well that’s not DLAM. Her insistence that she’s taking time to educate herself is a load of crap, she’s just not bright enough to handle the backlash and she’s coming across as really weak and insipid. If you want to defend your mate then say why, at least stand for something!
Scratch the surface beyond all the pink and the open mouth and the ✌and the currazeeee poses and there is absolutely nothing there at all and I’m so glad this generation of IGers is dying.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I don’t think any of these Instamumhuns are terribly intelligent or savvy but DLAM in particular seems like she’d struggle to manage a challenging conversation with her followers. You know how Mother Pukka is pretty articulate and seems capable of objectivity and can hold her own if she needs to? Yeah well that’s not DLAM. Her insistence that she’s taking time to educate herself is a load of crap, she’s just not bright enough to handle the backlash and she’s coming across as really weak and insipid. If you want to defend your mate then say why, at least stand for something!
Scratch the surface beyond all the pink and the open mouth and the ✌and the currazeeee poses and there is absolutely nothing there at all and I’m so glad this generation of IGers is dying.
Yep, I think she’s just a bit dim!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
View attachment 150244

I always find it inappropriate when they try to channel people into their DMs in this way. If you were having a real life public conversation with someone you didn’t know, you would not immediately ask them to join you for a 1:1 chat in a private space. It could be construed as anything from plain weird to sleazy to predatory to downright threatening.

It’s obvious they’re trying to divert negative replies away from their comments, and to me it also reeks of insincerity – of course they don’t really want a DM inbox full of this stuff – not to mention the poor example it sets for younger and/or vulnerable people (including their own children), who should be learning to be extremely careful about who they engage in DMs with.

If they genuinely want to make a change and confront potentially uncomfortable issues rather than usher them away from the public eye, then there is no reason to encourage people to “express their opinions” in the Hoopers’ private inboxes rather than in an open, transparent discussion. It may be just me, but I get a sinister kind of vibe when they keep coaxing people into their DMs.

Just needed to get that off my chest tonight. I'm glad we're able to freely discuss these issues here.
Completely agree with this. It’s a tactic they’ve used for ages. MOD came on the MN threads at the very start and invited us to speak via IG DM’s if we had anything to say. Er, no thank you. Every other tiny part of your life is public so why can’t you answer publicly if we have any questions for you. It’s unlikely they would change any of their behaviour or even have a proper justification for it. Like you say, it’s a way of diverting public criticism and makes them look like they give a tit because they *are* willing to address just not in front of everyone 🙄 (I mean, we know they don’t care, they just don’t like getting called out on it public). It’s a way of shutting things down and ignoring anything they don’t want to address. I do wonder though, how many people take him up on it? And how many he replies to.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well said lady, but help a girl out here, I just went and looked at that DLAM fellas Instagram account and it appears no fucks are being given by her and she’s busy with fashion and swipe ups. Are they just bleeping stupid or do they just think they are superior. On the advice of young @Tothemoonandback I went and had a snoop on DLAMs Tattle page to get the full picture of her crappy behaviour. It’s obscene and now she’s like meh ✅ done that black stuff and I’m gonna ignore the criticism I have some #ads to get out. How is this fcuking happening? These fkrs are the same as Jim Davison and Bernard Manning for me yet they are allowed to ponce around selling tit with zero accountability. I’m raging 😤
Me too, dear Dogmuck, me too.
I’m so glad that Zeena’s article has been published in a mainstream magazine, and that she and it are getting attention. I’m glad that it’s SO relevant right now, and that she’s holding them to account.

I agree with Heyjude - I don’t think DLAM has it in her to engage in a challenging conversation - she’d be torn to shreds! She is like FOD in his ‘I’m all about the LOLs’ schtick - she’s all about the fun fashion, plastic sunnies and sunshine and lollipops.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks for that. I actually don’t know Mother Pukka, I wasn’t lying earlier when I said I don’t know tit about Instagram 😬 but I guess I assumed all these people had agents or management or something, someone or something that can kinda point them someway in the right direction or steer them in a less dickheadish way around these important and sensitive subjects. I haven’t seen an ounce of intelligence in anyone of them so how the hell are these people making money? I’m genuinely baffled.

I knew when blackout Tuesday came these lot would use it as a tick ✅ box exercise same as they do with, world book day, IWD, mother’s day, because I knew that’s how they would see it. I knew less emphasis would be put on this than the whole Caroline Flack #bekind bollocks because every single one of them believed they could empathise because they were being trolled and bullied just like Caroline, they could turn that into victim status and pity harvesting for themselves. However, they’ve ALL missed the mark here, they are all being called out and some are trying, it’s making me cringe because It doesn’t feel genuine, but I guess some credit is due, however DLAM is just going 🖕and cracking on with her thing. There are no negative comments on her latest post, does this mean she’s deleted them? I am genuinely appalled and baffled that she’s getting away with it.
I mean even FOD is keeping his head down for fear it will be shot off, does this woman not care?
Sorry that was a big old rant but I could do with some info/answers/perspective on this from you lot in the know. TY

• Heart
The DM thing is such a power imbalance too - they have a platform of 1 mil, or 600k or whatever, so they can broadcast whatever the duck they want out to that audience, they can appear to be progressive to that audience by “engaging” with detractors, then take it to your DMs and be disappointingly ignorant. But what can you then do to hold them accountable, with your small small 260 followers? Post print screens to a non existent reach? It’s the same with them all wanting to ban tattle, they want to reap all the benefits of public life with none of the accountability.

Also in that twitter thread someone shared (it ended in OC?) I liked that she called out their audience for not giving a duck. It’s true, part of me wonders how all of these insta mums who are largely privately then university educated are so bleeping dumb, but then you realise... you work alongside these people too? You see them on Facebook, on Fiat 500 Twitter, etc, etc, they are the apathetic majority who don’t want to think about much more than what F&B shade or house plant will make them feel like they’ve finally made it or what MAC lipstick Clem wears with her Breton when she walks the dog. It’s worrying really.

• Heart
Problem for DLAM is that her post proudly asserted that she apparently ** wanted to start having difficult conversations ** :

"I will not avoid talking about it [racism] for fear of getting it wrong" she posted.

Guess what. That entire post (shown below) has now been deleted and she has since posted a further grid post to say people were "shaming" her. But has deleted all the evidence of this apparent "shaming" from her feed (thank god for tattle). So convenient. Many voices, including those of black women, blocked and silenced. All these posters had wanted was an acknowledgment of what the image (an image she chose to post) stood for.

0920F2F6-32B0-4215-BEEE-1E0A9588BB14.jpeg 721552CA-AF4F-44B5-B5B5-2498936444A2.jpeg 7AB05D14-7FE2-45E9-BC40-E6B13DC13039.jpeg 2A8DBE9A-DC3E-473C-9931-302A8A94212E.jpeg E02A0022-8FF3-48DA-BBC3-3848EA1E1080.jpeg 4A220558-AB2F-4061-AC80-524A0E805FD9.jpeg 1A77C5CA-A45C-4CE0-995E-BBCD69A9D4CE.jpeg 6D460C13-B3BF-4624-9807-847A39A14672.jpeg D2EBBB2C-BB54-476E-8F48-3A70B2189473.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
View attachment 150244

I always find it inappropriate when they try to channel people into their DMs in this way. If you were having a real life public conversation with someone you didn’t know, you would not immediately ask them to join you for a 1:1 chat in a private space. It could be construed as anything from plain weird to sleazy to predatory to downright threatening.

It’s obvious they’re trying to divert negative replies away from their comments, and to me it also reeks of insincerity – of course they don’t really want a DM inbox full of this stuff – not to mention the poor example it sets for younger and/or vulnerable people (including their own children), who should be learning to be extremely careful about who they engage in DMs with.

If they genuinely want to make a change and confront potentially uncomfortable issues rather than usher them away from the public eye, then there is no reason to encourage people to “express their opinions” in the Hoopers’ private inboxes rather than in an open, transparent discussion. It may be just me, but I get a sinister kind of vibe when they keep coaxing people into their DMs.

Just needed to get that off my chest tonight. I'm glad we're able to freely discuss these issues here.
It’s the coward’s cop out, isn’t it.
Like in films when someone radical dares to burst into the country club, and the posho they’re trying to call out is all genteel and accommodating and like, ‘Please - come and see me in my private offices and I’ll hear you out, my good sir/lady’, and they usher the shouter out of the country club dining room and away from the prying eyes of their peers, smiling and nodding understandingly.

And then the double doors shut behind them, they signal their minder over with a click of the fingers and the radical shouter gets chucked out on their arse into the snow with the doors locked behind them.

Thats what ‘please send me a DM and I’ll be happy to chat further’ means to me 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Problem for DLAM is that her post proudly asserted that she apparently ** wanted to start having difficult conversations ** :

"I will not avoid talking about it [racism] for fear of getting it wrong" she posted.

Guess what. That entire post (shown below) has now been deleted and she has since posted a further grid post to say people were "shaming" her. But has deleted all the evidence of this apparent "shaming" from her feed (thank god for tattle). So convenient. Many voices, including those of black women, blocked and silenced. All these posters had wanted was an acknowledgment of what the image (an image she chose to post) stood for.

View attachment 150292View attachment 150293View attachment 150294View attachment 150295View attachment 150296View attachment 150297View attachment 150298View attachment 150299View attachment 150300
The fact she calls it ‘noise’ and wants to get in on the action....says it all! 🙄

DC50E903-6E33-4808-AF70-0FE40469FB9B.jpeg

Job?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I don’t think these people are “anyone” particular (but am happy to stand corrected if anyone knows better), they are just a few folk calling out DLAM and fighting off a hun who is calling them bullies. I just went in for a look it made more sense reading the whole lot on her page. I’d recommend a trip over to her insta and have a little nosy at the last few posts to get you up to speed on what a vacuous witch that woman is. Never been there before, but between her two BLM posts, she’s done an #AD for some trainers, which say a lot about what kinda fuxker she really is 😒
Dogmuck to the rescue! Thank you!

I’m not really sure what’s going on in those posts but Laura Hesketh, who’s mentioned in those posts, has had beef with MoD for a while, going all the way back to the MN threads. I think she called MOD out on her book post about ‘Why I’m No Longer Talking To White People’. Could be wrong but I think Laura had to make her account private at one point because all Mod’s fan girls went for her.
Wow! Much clearer! Thanks

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks for that. I actually don’t know Mother Pukka, I wasn’t lying earlier when I said I don’t know tit about Instagram 😬 but I guess I assumed all these people had agents or management or something, someone or something that can kinda point them someway in the right direction or steer them in a less dickheadish way around these important and sensitive subjects. I haven’t seen an ounce of intelligence in anyone of them so how the hell are these people making money? I’m genuinely baffled.

I knew when blackout Tuesday came these lot would use it as a tick ✅ box exercise same as they do with, world book day, IWD, mother’s day, because I knew that’s how they would see it. I knew less emphasis would be put on this than the whole Caroline Flack #bekind bollocks because every single one of them believed they could empathise because they were being trolled and bullied just like Caroline, they could turn that into victim status and pity harvesting for themselves. However, they’ve ALL missed the mark here, they are all being called out and some are trying, it’s making me cringe because It doesn’t feel genuine, but I guess some credit is due, however DLAM is just going 🖕and cracking on with her thing. There are no negative comments on her latest post, does this mean she’s deleted them? I am genuinely appalled and baffled that she’s getting away with it.
I mean even FOD is keeping his head down for fear it will be shot off, does this woman not care?
Sorry that was a big old rant but I could do with some info/answers/perspective on this from you lot in the know. TY
Re management - I haven’t ever worked for one but very nearly did, I was at salary negotiation stage and had signed an NDA but then got unwell lolz. It was one of the big ones, and even then I was underwhelmed with their proposition and what they actually did for influencers? I really don’t think they’re getting strategic career advice at all, the impression I got is that it’s a glorified sales, legal & accountancy setup rather than an all encompassing digital branding service with PRs on standby or any sort of trend mining work going on to keep their guys at the top of the insta game?

Like I think where a lot of influencers are just normal people, not in a nasty way but rarely accomplished in a professional career so wouldn’t know how to handle a lot of the things expected of them? So their agency managers are holding their hands through negotiations, admin stuff like setting up Ltd companies and managing their work schedules, putting them in touch with accountants or using the in house teams etc etc?

Also having worked in advertising previously it is a wanky mediocre old boys network so I imagine Quentin who’s CMO at Unilever knows Jared who set up X startup so they just pass work to him which is how Jared signs XYZ influencers cos they know he’s connected, and then you sign second gen influencers off the basis of those before them and before you know it you’ve got a huge agency despite not really having much of a proposition / adding much value...

Like they don’t really use data in their pitches yet, the work I did as part of my interview process was take their existing pitch deck and say what I’d add in from a data POV. I was really underwhelmed at the deck I saw - it was still really fluffy and like, selling you the lifestyle / dream stuff with nice pictures and life stories and the basics like follower or view counts rather than anything useful like engagement rates, best times of day to post, audience demographics, ROI, historical campaign results, naaada. And a lot of this stuff is so easily accessible like every youtuber will have access to their own data, even us peasants can go into twitter analytics??

However it is a double edged sword. These agencies aren’t going to want to show weak results to CMOs who know they can get x reach or y conversion rate with £p spend through other channels so just switch off influencer campaigns? Or even worse they tell a glorious story of how well this microinfluebcer sells to their 25k followers, set ambitious campaign KPIs and then have to report that you’ve actually under performed on avg oops soz hun x I think they still want it to stay sort of soft and snake oil-y, more like branding/comms than an effective conversion channel.

I would love to hear more from people working in PR/marketing departments cos they’ve got the real knowledge but most importantly the goss! Sadly data is usually just a bolt on at the end of it all - and when it doesn’t say what they want they’ll just delete those slides anyway 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Maybe a bit off topic, but has anyone else seen some of the posts put up by influencerpaygap? The SODs must’ve made an absolute killing.

omg no you’re totally on topic what a great resource, look at this post about FOD! Apparently he asked for £25k for 3 posts!

EE1469B4-9EBE-4C0D-88FE-8917CD9577EF.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
That should have said per year. Are gifted items not meant to be taxable?
Could be wrong, but maybe not? I suppose they aren't even obliged to share the gifted items on stories/grid. I remember reading a few small businesses had gotten pretty riled up cause some influencers hadn't shared the gifts they had received.

omg no you’re totally on topic what a great resource, look at this post about FOD! Apparently he asked for £25k for 3 posts!

View attachment 150339
£25k for pure inane drivel...sounds about right.

• Haha
  • Wow
I can’t believe this page - the lower end of the market seems to be enduring the bleeping most, there are girls taking £90 for bleeping ads?! And you’ve got SODs asking for £25k for 3 grid posts 3 stories and trying to get £300 loo flushes for free?

The distribution of pay seems really wild... DLAM better start reading like her life depends on it cos she’s headed into freebie oblivion too at this rate 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I can’t believe this page - the lower end of the market seems to be enduring the bleeping most, there are girls taking £90 for bleeping ads?! And you’ve got SODs asking for £25k for 3 grid posts 3 stories and trying to get £300 loo flushes for free?

The distribution of pay seems really wild... DLAM better start reading like her life depends on it cos she’s headed into freebie oblivion too at this rate 😳
And Aldi paid £240 for 2 posts & 2 stories to someone else. Stylemesunday must've made well over £1k teaching us how to live off £25 per week during "Poorest Day Challenge".

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.