Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sunflower

I also need to see the smock.
I might do you a recreation of Clemmie’s infamous Marks and Spencer’s show down with the smock.

I can show you how to style it with a bare leg and a Birkenstock or leggings and a boot. It’s very versatile you know. I like to layer a polo underneath on colder days, or a cheeky flash of a lacey cami for date night.

The pockets are what make it for me. So deep and practical for a working mum on the go (I’ll look wistfully, if not a little smugly through my fringe at this point.)

This is where I keep all the hair bands (head thrown back and a silent laugh like someone in my art studio has made a really funny joke.)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
If any “influencer” is making you feel inadequate you’ve got to stop and wonder what they’re trying to sell you.

Unfortunately that’s how people sell - find a problem (in MODs case, mothers who have lost their way in some way) remind them of that problem, then show people that they have the solution and it’s going to cost, but hey, I’m your friend because I’m a mum too, and I’m to be trusted because I’m a midwife. And look at my gorgeous children and my stylish (!) clothes. I have the coolest friends and there’s no need to feel lonely if you join our gang of #mamas. You too can have it all of you buy into this...

It’s exploiting women, plain and simple.
Omg 100000000% this. I am not joking when I say they are genuinely our enemy, they’re the most insidious form of sales / brand comms and they’re genuinely dangerous. Sorry to say it yet again but @myfrugalyear on insta’s book has an entire chapter on them and it should be like mandatory reading for every young woman in this country so we can see the wood for the trees. The ASA is failing an entire generation of women (and tbh I’m sure cross generations! But the IVA data shows that it’s growing fastest in younger women) in their lax approach to regulating the industry.

Again if you look at MFY’s account and read the comments, or nosy on their profiles, you see there’s a whole community on insta of women who are documenting their debt management journey. So many of them have been ~influenced into this unsustainable lifestyle, by women who get it all for free! As someone else on this thread said about their holiday, if you see someone who “looks like you” doing these things you assume it’s safe to proceed. The influencers aren’t there for the rest of your tight year, or worse when you have to call Barclays up cos you’re over your overdraft limit.

Like it really winds me up, and makes me angry, I’m not debt shaming or saying it’s impossible to recover from (the opposite, I want women to be protected from something that is awfully inhibitive to your life progressing and damaging to your mental health), however I can say without a doubt that Instagram has changed the course of my sister’s life? Yes there is personal accountability but I think insta is so intoxicating - she followed 1.3k different accounts FILLED with images of just... stuff to buy. She got into a debt that’s higher than her gross annual income in buying bits, like nothing mental like Chanel bags were literally just talking makeup palettes and outfits it was just the sheer volume of it. She’s had to enter a DMP that’ll take her a decade to pay off. She then gets to start at 0 at 40, she’s on an avg income so what are the chances of her being able to buy a house? Most mortgages don’t let your term exceed you being 65, so she either needs a huge deposit or huge monthly repayments - neither of which are viable. That’s going to be the reality for a fair few of these guys’ audiences!

And sorry to rant but this isn’t even getting into how disgusting it is to target pregnant women. I’m going through this stage now and it’s a constant battle in what do we NEED versus what are we being told we need or feel guilted into buying. I’m actually speaking a lot to older women to ask for recommendations because I know they’re not tainted by the cult of insta mama. I have the benefit of years of therapy and a stark warning in my life and I still find it an utterly exhausting exercise, most women are struggling through their pregnancies just trying to do what they think is best for baby and being cruelly duped. It’s a horrible and shameful industry that doesn’t yield anything positive other than lining the pockets of the chosen few.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

2020two

Chatty Member
Just came on to say MOD hasn’t changed in my opinion. I messaged her on Twitter cause I was feeling sorry for her (I know I know) got a reply. Then told her I was having cancer treatment. Blanked. Didn’t expect loads but just a quick message to say hope it goes etc would have taken two secs. She was happy to reply when I was blowing smoke up her arse though. Feel like a fool
Mod only cares about Mod. And free things. She's the fool, not you. Best wishes for your treatment. You can always count on us nasty tattle bitches when you need a boost!! xx

• Heart

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Can someone just clarify this conversation ...

Is he actually trying to make a joke about an 8 year old boy having an erection ... and the boys mum also wanted to make the same joke?
FFS! His humour is the worst kind of puerile, unfunny shit. And I’m sorry but the mother is a knob for pandering / encouraging him. That’s your 8-year-old boy, you dick. Why anyone would want to joke with FOD (a stranger to her, no matter what else is projected) about her 8-year-old having ‘morning wood’ haha makes me SICK

• Sad
  • Sick

Pocahontas

VIP Member
All of the gender stereotypes in the interviewer’s questions and Clem’s replies REALLY irk me in this.
‘Does Simon get a say?’
‘Simon would probably weep if he knew how much I spent on bed linen..’
‘The trick is to make them think it’s their idea in the first place..’
‘Anything you DO let him loose on?’
‘He does put his foot down in some things ...’
‘I’m letting him get on with that ..’

YUCK. Who is he, some grumpy, commandeering Mr Rochester type she has to tiptoe around and pull the wool over his eyes with her feminine guile? Or some weak-minded sop she fools easily on a daily basis as she has all the power?

• Haha
  • Heart

Kaywree

Thread suggestion
MOD & FOD #32 Herringbone darling, it’s Clem. The locks on these closets just aren’t fit for purpose, I’m afraid my skeletons are still escaping.

• Haha
  • Heart
I love The Vitamin D Project. She has such a beautiful home, is open about it being social housing, she's intelligent, thoughtful, has great taste, sets boundaries on her account to protect herself and her family.... I could go on. She's everything the Hooper's aren't and everything Insta should be.

Screenshot_20200530-201146_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Agent Krycek

Annnnnnd now she's deleted it again.....
Ahh it was going so well for Clemmie, she got a positive reception from the huns on instagram when Sly tested the water for her return, getting bolder and bolder about being seen, back on Twitter, then the whole awkward being racist thing ruins everything (again).

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Plinkplonk

Chatty Member
Haha. Mod has tried Facebook friending me.
Why do they do that? Do they think it's intimidating? Do they think people are going to accept them? It's a really bizarre thing to do. But definitely shows she's very involved in the house of horrors Instagram page and reading on here too. I don't think you'd want to be Facebook friends with me Clem. You'll notice I have a couple of your Labour ward colleagues as my friends.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

Wolf359

Chatty Member
They had a way out in October with Alice gate but no, they dragged them in scandal and ridicule for 8 more months. Poor kids.
It’s extraordinary that their strategy has been to just keep doubling down on the twattishness. They might be big in Iran and Wisconsin but they’re in danger of making themselves public figures of ridicule everywhere else. I don’t know how they have the balls to show their faces in Ramsgate. I’d be mortified.

• Heart
He looks good in that photo. For a 50 year old.

Just read the comments on an earlier post. They really have a lot of fawning sheep followers eh? "Where is Clemmies dress from?" Then "I've ordered it"!!

Of course you have, you vapid, vacant sheep

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

yellow_daisies

VIP Member
They must have really believed that if they laid low, pretended the brand deals didn't matter, stealthily reintroduced her, it would all be ok by now. And, IF she had had the guts to make a genuine apology last year for her comments and really owned her ignorance and her privilege, she could be sat there now talking about how the experience changed her and how they have educated themselves and their children. She could be the poster hun for a white, MC woman who admitted that she had been casually racist to someone and had truly learned from it. Instead- they are getting ripped apart all over again, because neither of them (her in particular) could bear to admit to and confront the R-word during Alicegate. "My actions" "why Clemmie did what she did" etc were all phrases designed to gloss over the racist aspect of her activities on this site. It says everything that it was more palatable to them to have her admit trolling her white friends, and calling her husband a twat, than to admit that she made a racist comment about a black woman that she dislikes but was happy to exploit for a podcast episode.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Sweettutu

Chatty Member
Tbh I’m still amazed they had their cistern plastered into the wall. Any plumber will tell you - access, access, access!

Our cleaners managed to break off the overflow of the bath tub, and the pipe thingy fell down the back. How smug did I feel when I told the local plumber who came to fix it how I’d insisted on the tiled bath panel being removable. he was also v complimentary of my marble top to enclosed cistern and said well done for getting the stone cutter people to supply in 2 pieces, rather than having it link directly to the sink. I was like a dog being praised, love it with tradesmen approve of my home improvements - sorry “Reno”- decision. AND for icing on the cake, I paid him with actual money 💅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
MOD's obviously feeling like she's finished her penance and it's safe to come back. I so look forward to the day the yummy mummy lunches and brunches restart, along Clemmie trots in a new M&S frock, re-activating her Instagram account en route ready to story the event she's been sent an invite to, only to get there and find she's seated opposite..... Candice.

😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

AdoraDelano

Chatty Member
Couple of interesting snap shots from an old interview with clemmie. So interestingly the twins room was going to be the big master bed room. Also, her selfish attitude really shines!!
Doesn't sound like Simon cares about "renovations" there. More evidence House of Hooper is a Clemmie project.

• Haha
  • Heart

Noodles16

What staggers me is that he actually says in his stories that before this last week that he essentially never thought about race issues or white privilege. How can that be true? Did he honestly not reflect on racism for a moment after Clemmie’s unmasking as a secret racist troll? Did he not think about his/their privilege then and how monumentally wrong her online remarks were and why they were drawing such huge criticism? No...before the last few days he never took a single moment to think about issues of race and racism in the uk and where he and his wife fit in. Such a complete lack of awareness of anything outside their own #gifted bubble. It honestly says everything about him and his vile wife.

• Heart
  • Haha

Titfer

Chatty Member
20200531_210442.jpg

20200531_210427.jpg

What a bloody mess - that company have not successfully fulfilled the remit. I'd be ashamed to share this 🙈

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow