MOD & FOD #31 Stay Alert -> Delete the Comments -> Save Sponsorships

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They must have really believed that if they laid low, pretended the brand deals didn't matter, stealthily reintroduced her, it would all be ok by now. And, IF she had had the guts to make a genuine apology last year for her comments and really owned her ignorance and her privilege, she could be sat there now talking about how the experience changed her and how they have educated themselves and their children. She could be the poster hun for a white, MC woman who admitted that she had been casually racist to someone and had truly learned from it. Instead- they are getting ripped apart all over again, because neither of them (her in particular) could bear to admit to and confront the R-word during Alicegate. "My actions" "why Clemmie did what she did" etc were all phrases designed to gloss over the racist aspect of her activities on this site. It says everything that it was more palatable to them to have her admit trolling her white friends, and calling her husband a twit, than to admit that she made a racist comment about a black woman that she dislikes but was happy to exploit for a podcast episode.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
They had a way out in October with Alice gate but no, they dragged them in scandal and ridicule for 8 more months. Poor kids.
It’s extraordinary that their strategy has been to just keep doubling down on the twattishness. They might be big in Iran and Wisconsin but they’re in danger of making themselves public figures of ridicule everywhere else. I don’t know how they have the balls to show their faces in Ramsgate. I’d be mortified.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Why do you think that these white MC mamas are so scared to publicly call it out? Saying tit in your stories where it disappears after 24 hours or buried in a 45 minute IGTV ticks a little box but is hardly helping the larger conversation/actions around race?

Like is it a fear of each other, may he without sin cast the first stone possibly scared of people airing their dirty laundry publicly or knowing there’s a hierarchy and they’ll risk pissing the wrong top dog off and getting uninvited from events etc... or is it to remain palpable to brands for the sponcon?

Reactions: 5
It’s extraordinary that their strategy has been to just keep doubling down on the twattishness. They might be big in Iran and Wisconsin but they’re in danger of making themselves public figures of ridicule everywhere else. I don’t know how they have the balls to show their faces in Ramsgate. I’d be mortified.
I genuinely want to know if the lay low strategy was their decision, or ‘sold’ to them by Grace O’Leary and Independent Talent. Because if it was former, they are absolute fools who deserve all the shaming (not the poor girls though). If it’s the later, holy tit what an awful call. Sure, we didn’t know in November what was going to happen this Spring but surely someone at the “talent” agency must be taking a hard hit from recommending they do nothing and weave her back in quietly.

Further the Zoom party during St Clemmie’s bout with Covid, was that the one where they all dressed up as Mexican women?

Reactions: 13
None of FOD’s actions surprise me. He is clearly everything a white (privileged) MC male born into privilege, is likely to be. Others fights and journeys mean nothing to him...IWD ✅ Blackouttuesday ✅ it’s just going through the motions he thinks he needs to be seen to be doing, simply paying lipservice to it. Nothing is authentic with them. They are entitled and unaware of anything outside their bubble, that makes me sick about them

• Heart
Saw something on the news(aust), Black Lives Matter, but will you still stand with us when it's not trending? This was probably more to do with our First Nation people but it's exactly right, the topic is trending so lots of influencers have got to jump on the bandwagon and post their black square and feel all smug that they are helping.

None of FOD’s actions surprise me. He is clearly everything a white (privileged) MC male born into privilege, is likely to be. Others fights and journeys mean nothing to him...IWD ✅ Blackouttuesday ✅ it’s just going through the motions he thinks he needs to be seen to be doing, simply paying lipservice to it. Nothing is authentic with them. They are entitled and unaware of anything outside their bubble, that makes me sick about them
Exactly this.

Reactions: 9
When I see what a fool they made of themselves I realize that they would have never lasted in this industry no matter what. They got really lucky, were at the right place the right time, both (were!) good looking with cute kids. But they are way too stupid and entitled to make it big. It it wasn’t Alice it would have been something else.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Further the Zoom party during St Clemmie’s bout with Covid, was that the one where they all dressed up as Mexican women?
Wasn’t DLAM wearing a Native American headdress?

When I see what a fool they made of themselves I realize that they would have never lasted in this industry no matter what. They got really lucky, were at the right place the right time, both (were!) good looking with cute kids. But they are way too stupid and entitled to make it big. It it wasn’t Alice it would have been something else.
You’re absolutely right. They’re too dim and entitled to realise that they got super lucky. They couldn’t comprehend they’d been #gifted a massive leg up. So they didn’t put the real work in; they kept expecting things to just be handed to them on a plate in return for looking pretty in insta-tat. And, bless them, they seem to be baffled as to why it’s not working any more.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Further the Zoom party during St Clemmie’s bout with Covid, was that the one where they all dressed up as Mexican women.

There were 2 screenshots of the zoom parties. One where MOD was dressed as Frida (can’t remember who the others were) and another when they were all glammed up. One of them was definitely around the time she supposedly had Covid 💩

Reactions: 5
Check out alright.bab stories. She talks about FOD but doesn’t actually name him through fear of being called a bully (but it’s dead obvious who she means) and talks about the cowardly approach of ‘chucking up a black square and disabling comments.’ She also asks people to consider who they’re following! 👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I was thinking back to November. My initial reaction to the comment about Candice was that I couldn’t judge whether it was racist as I’m not a WOC and so my opinion wasn’t helpful. I then did quite a bit of reading, include lots of diverse social media, and decided it absolutely was. (I educated myself.) I had quite a few fights on here at the time as a result with people who really disagreed with me. I also felt awful about times in the past that I had dismissed that sort of comment as not particularly serious.

That’s the sort of journey Clemmie should have gone on. An apology and a promise to do better, and to understand the impact that these things have - even more from her as a HCP. A BAME woman arriving at the labour ward and finding out that her midwife was someone who has been openly part of the culture that dismisses black women in an environment in which she needs to trust her absolutely is really, really damaging. It could have a direct impact on your labour and birth. Her acknowledgement of what went wrong would have helped.

Ironically of course she had only recently posted about Why I’m No Longer Talking To White People About Race (also ‘recommended’ by FoD) which explains EXACTLY WHY that sort of comment matters. For those who remember she had said that it changed her outlook but then refused to give any specifics at all. I assume she didn’t actually read it and it was just another virtue signalling post.

There was a way forward but it involved honesty and humility.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I was thinking back to November. My initial reaction to the comment about Candice was that I couldn’t judge whether it was racist as I’m not a WOC and so my opinion wasn’t helpful. I then did quite a bit of reading, include lots of diverse social media, and decided it absolutely was. (I educated myself.) I had quite a few fights on here at the time as a result with people who really disagreed with me. I also felt awful about times in the past that I had dismissed that sort of comment as not particularly serious.

That’s the sort of journey Clemmie should have gone on. An apology and a promise to do better, and to understand the impact that these things have - even more from her as a HCP. A BAME woman arriving at the labour ward and finding out that her midwife was someone who has been openly part of the culture that dismisses black women in an environment in which she needs to trust her absolutely is really, really damaging. It could have a direct impact on your labour and birth. Her acknowledgement of what went wrong would have helped.

Ironically of course she had only recently posted about Why I’m No Longer Talking To White People About Race (also ‘recommended’ by FoD) which explains EXACTLY WHY that sort of comment matters. For those who remember she had said that it changed her outlook but then refused to give any specifics at all. I assume she didn’t actually read it and it was just another virtue signalling post.

There was a way forward but it involved honesty and humility.
Just wanted to say that I found your humility wonderful and your post so insightful. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
They must have really believed that if they laid low, pretended the brand deals didn't matter, stealthily reintroduced her, it would all be ok by now. And, IF she had had the guts to make a genuine apology last year for her comments and really owned her ignorance and her privilege, she could be sat there now talking about how the experience changed her and how they have educated themselves and their children. She could be the poster hun for a white, MC woman who admitted that she had been casually racist to someone and had truly learned from it. Instead- they are getting ripped apart all over again, because neither of them (her in particular) could bear to admit to and confront the R-word during Alicegate. "My actions" "why Clemmie did what she did" etc were all phrases designed to gloss over the racist aspect of her activities on this site. It says everything that it was more palatable to them to have her admit trolling her white friends, and calling her husband a twit, than to admit that she made a racist comment about a black woman that she dislikes but was happy to exploit for a podcast episode.
This is all so true, and you have to wonder why the SODs management company handled this so badly - or perhaps they advised Clemmie to own it and apologise but she and Sly are so arrogant they probably thought they knew best. Although isn't Sly still on their books?

Reactions: 7
This is all so true, and you have to wonder why the SODs management company handled this so badly - or perhaps they advised Clemmie to own it and apologise but she and Sly are so arrogant they probably thought they knew best. Although isn't Sly still on their books?
I think you’re right that it’s them that didn’t want to address it and openly admit Clemmie was racist; but like I’ve said on previous posts by not owning it it will continually come back to bite them like it has now....and blooming well serves them right!

Reactions: 8
I think you’re right that it’s them that didn’t want to address it and openly admit Clemmie was racist; but like I’ve said on previous posts by not owning it it will continually come back to bite them like it has now....and blooming well serves them right!
They will never own it, because they genuinely believe that she didn't post racist content. Until they are able to understand that, they will continue to live in that ignorant bubble.

As someone said yesterday, Clemmie could have really learned from her actions and came back stronger... but she's just not a very nice person, so that was never going to happen.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.