MOD & FOD #30 Comments from Yoda: A tw*t, you are

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn’t here for Alice “live In the flesh” but pretty sure she said her parents pay them. There are print screens floating about somewhere!

It figures, I know only the older 2 are in school currently but 4 x £20k a year (rounding up to include uniforms & mandatory clubs / school lunches that I’ve seen the priv schools round here charge parents for too) is likely their combined annual pre tax salary.

Yeah, there’s no way they’d have passed affordability checks for either house with just a 10% deposit and their salaries. But that’s a tale as old as time with property in this country now isn’t it, not unique to SODs sadly!

This sort of stuff is why insta influencers should have to do full disclosures, like the traffic light system for food. Inherited wealth / family support could be a lil red circle so you know that you are not in the same boat so don’t bleeping listen 😂
I don't think it wouldn't be 80K at the same time as the older girls might be done before the twins start secondary and even if they did have the twinnies at a junior prep schools the fees tend to be a bit lower. Most schools usually also have sibling discounts. Could also apply for a bursary.

My grandmother paid for my two younger sisters. They would also get a discount for paying the full amount earlier too .

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Ok witches, I’ve been a looong time lurker on these threads since alicegate, mainly because I can’t write good and you bastids are funnier than I’ll ever be, however...

I’ve been the target of some highly disturbing ads whilst scrolling through these pages and I couldn’t help but share. I fear FOD’s I-want-to-be-the-next-Bradley-Wiggins aspirations may be sleeping through to my targeted ad content...

Naturally, the mind now wanders to a mental image of a middle aged man child sporting the below, with pink socks of course.
080BD74E-270D-4AB2-B355-300320C554C9.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
I can get on board with the idea of adding a stair runner but am stunned they are planning on re-doing that huge, recently completely renovated balastrade.

Can only think of one word.

TWATS.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Ok witches, I’ve been a looong time lurker on these threads since alicegate, mainly because I can’t write good and you bastids are funnier than I’ll ever be, however...

I’ve been the target of some highly disturbing ads whilst scrolling through these pages and I couldn’t help but share. I fear FOD’s I-want-to-be-the-next-Bradley-Wiggins aspirations may be sleeping through to my targeted ad content...

Naturally, the mind now wanders to a mental image of a middle aged man child sporting the below, with pink socks of course.
View attachment 132848
yes, I’ve had it too!

• Haha
Reactions: 6

View attachment 132848
oh yuck!!! Like a baboon’s arse.
Very suitable for FOD!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Sorry for the mistakes read it back now and I'm shocked lol.

"I don't think it would be 80K at the same time as the older girls might be done before the twins start secondary and even if they did have the twinnies at a junior prep school the fees tend to be a bit lower. Most schools usually also have sibling discounts. Could also apply for a bursary.

My grandmother paid for my two younger sisters. They would also get a discount for paying the full amount earlier too . "

Reactions: 3
89BE24DA-FA70-45EB-A430-5004A6D6EE56.jpeg

Tried tagging house of scrounge on a comment on Bounty Margate page but doesn’t allow 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I loooooove Jasper Barnes65. :ROFLMAO:

I feel so darn grumpy this morning in general.

My friend also wasn't in when the delivery person knocked on the door. He's going to have to collect from the post office again. I feel like I've just inconvenienced him.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm confused. So he's saying that the spindles have years & years and layers of paint that would take half a month to restore. However the previous owners within the last 5 years say they got them made especially by the carpenter from the Canterbury Cathedral. So he's just blatantly lying then?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm confused. So he's saying that the spindles have years & years and layers of paint that would take half a month to restore. However the previous owners within the last 5 years say they got them made especially by the carpenter from the Canterbury Cathedral. So he's just blatantly lying then?!
Par for the course with these two.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
They should use tattle as a reference guide to all their bullshit to at least keep their stories straight

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Collectively you guys are special, most people won't remember the nitty gritty details.

Reactions: 9
they probably want to paint them a light colour and cba to do all the prep work to get rid of the F&B doom and gloom.

Did he say 32 hours on 4 sets of stairs? I can’t understand what the fuss is about...pop an iPad on a series and get on with it hun

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It's the ground floor to first floor staircase that is new (replacing a side staircase which led up to the caretaker's flat above the old Doctors' surgery). I don't know whether any refurb work was carried out on the rest of the stairs by the previous owners.

Reactions: 6
they probably want to paint them a light colour and cba to do all the prep work to get rid of the F&B doom and gloom.

Did he say 32 hours on 4 sets of stairs? I can’t understand what the fuss is about...pop an iPad on a series and get on with it hun
You can imagine them both stomping round though saying ‘but I want it for free....do they not know who we are!’

• Haha
Reactions: 14

No he can’t, that’s 32 hours of making up head dances, going to the tip to throw away barely used #gifts, and setting up fake twin gags. You just wouldn’t understand, with the greatest respect, what it takes to sell your kids day in and day out. Time is money!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m irrationally angry about the spindles because it’s just yet another symptom of their/society’s throwaway culture. I literally don’t give a tit if new ones are cost effective or look the same or whatever. There is no need at all to replace stair spindles, unless they’re broken, ever!! Who the duck rips out spindles for being not quite perfect?? I wouldn’t even want to do that if it was free! What’s the point? Who wants builders and mess in the house? Who wants to chuck the old ones in landfill? Just why?? My spindles (very very old house) are in a right state. They’re so far down on my radar of things to concern myself with, but when I do, they’ll be getting sanded back properly and probably just repainted. They’re just vile mindless consumers and they make me bleeping sick
The spindles in our house are original to the house and they are not exactly decorative but I couldn't bear the thought of ripping the bannister out, even though I'd love an oak one! They are literally just pieces of white wood, a bit like a fence and some are all bowed but the house was built in the late 40's, husband's grandparents moved in 52 and stayed here till they both died and husband brought the house 2008. The whole house was gutted and re done apart from the bannister.

The hoppers bannister was replaced a few years back, can't believe they are thinking of doing it again. It's just a waste of money to try to and stay relevant

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.