MOD & FOD #30 Comments from Yoda: A tw*t, you are

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh hello! And congrats to Darlene for surviving another day, you better be careful cosplaying as a hun before you know it those calf muscles will be finding their way into your dreams šŸ˜‰

I have no idea why Iā€™m so awake either!! Did loads today & spent most the day shattered so how the duck does this work! What are your plans for Monday? Can you sneak a nap in?
Me too. Yes, I am off from work this week. Was supposed to hike the West Highland Way but well...stuck at home šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø. Today will be quiet. I want to go to the tip (maybe texashun or Karen will take you along), then I have to buy 1 or 2 things and in the afternoon I have a doctor's appointment, so yes I could try to go back to bed...

Reactions: 5
Me too. Yes, I am off from work this week. Was supposed to hike the West Highland Way but well...stuck at home šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø. Today will be quiet. I want to go to the tip (maybe texashun or Karen will take you along), then I have to buy 1 or 2 things and in the afternoon I have a doctor's appointment, so yes I could try to go back to bed...
Our tips only recently re opened and bleeping hell people were desperate for it! Our local fb group was none stop whinging about how it was essential & now itā€™s open hourly updates on q times. What exactly has happened in the last 2 months that needs such urgent disposing of?!

We ended up paying a bloke to come take our garden waste cos Iā€™ve been a bit MH about it all - I feel a second wave is inevitable with this bs guidance so weā€™re still not leaving the house. Feel really guilty for husband tbh, like Iā€™m depriving him of activity :(

What are shops like? Whatā€™s actually open now cos Iā€™ve seen Starbucks run sponsored posts that theyā€™re back open for take away?!! Iā€™ve not been to shops since late March so Iā€™m clueless but it feels like things are really relaxing?!! x

Reactions: 4
Our tips only recently re opened and bleeping hell people were desperate for it! Our local fb group was none stop whinging about how it was essential & now itā€™s open hourly updates on q times. What exactly has happened in the last 2 months that needs such urgent disposing of?!

We ended up paying a bloke to come take our garden waste cos Iā€™ve been a bit MH about it all - I feel a second wave is inevitable with this bs guidance so weā€™re still not leaving the house. Feel really guilty for husband tbh, like Iā€™m depriving him of activity :(

What are shops like? Whatā€™s actually open now cos Iā€™ve seen Starbucks run sponsored posts that theyā€™re back open for take away?!! Iā€™ve not been to shops since late March so Iā€™m clueless but it feels like things are really relaxing?!! x
Don't feel bad. It won't be forever and it's better to stay safe. I think ours were never shut but I am not sure. I went on a cleaning frenzy yesterday and just want to get rid of the stuff (don't really have space to store... 1 room appartement and no cellar.. Well actually I have one but I have never been in there because of spiders šŸ¤£). Most shops opened one or two weeks ago with limited access. It's still really quiet.

Just catching up with the comeback on their #reno (lol) account. Surely they must recognise that in the middle of a global pandemic and potential financial depression across the globe, the influencer market surely cannot return to what it was at its peak? ESPECIALLY when there will be such a backlash when Clemmie returns. They should've shut down their existing social media presence, written an expose/tell all about the dark side of social media influencing, how they got sucked into it etc etc (I would love to read that!) and then set up a side hustle going into schools and universities talking about the dangers and pitfalls of selling your life on social media. That would've provided some income and given them both the validation of hearing their own voices as experts on something!

I still can't get over that they paid way over the odds for that house in the first place (it was lovely though but not worth it - I'd want a much more private garden for that price, especially with 4 kids!), ripped everything out and then replaced it with mega expensive (#gifted) items and then STILL want to get #gifted stairs. The cheek of it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Didnā€™t the Gas & Air ltd account show they brought in something like Ā£260k in one year? Canā€™t that pay for the spindles?

Iā€™ve long been saying that parents selling their childrenā€™s privacy and childhood on IG should be forced to set up a trust fund. My friends daughter has been in some tv spots (yes, most of you have likely seen her!) and everything barring my friends travel and M&S sandwich for lunch goes into a trust that the daughter gets when sheā€™s an adult (I think 18). Those twins especially should have thousands saved for them, and not some Victorian nightmare room as their ā€˜paymentā€™ for the fact that their parents sold them out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Why else set up this account if you didn't want freebies!!! It's not for the benefit of the general public šŸ˜¬

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That sounds obviously like normality..... (in the house, in Scotland)

On the back of me being flabbergasted at the twins bring in a trailer instead of on bikes the other day.

My Facebook memories have just came up with a just shy of four year old (youngest) going on two wheels - my husband asked what I was chuckling at and why it would be "weird timing" šŸ¤£

Last edited:
  • Haha
I feel really sad at the thought of those hand carved replacement spindles being replaced within a few years by machine-cut replacements for no reason. Silly thing to feel melancholy about!

Reactions: 17
Didnā€™t the Gas & Air ltd account show they brought in something like Ā£260k in one year? Canā€™t that pay for the spindles?

Iā€™ve long been saying that parents selling their childrenā€™s privacy and childhood on IG should be forced to set up a trust fund. My friends daughter has been in some tv spots (yes, most of you have likely seen her!) and everything barring my friends travel and M&S sandwich for lunch goes into a trust that the daughter gets when sheā€™s an adult (I think 18). Those twins especially should have thousands saved for them, and not some Victorian nightmare room as their ā€˜paymentā€™ for the fact that their parents sold them out.
Your friend sounds like a good mum.
You can imagine when the twins turn 18 and have caught onto the fact they were child stars, ā€œerm mum, did you save some of that money for usā€ Clammie, no darlings but look at this beautiful bath, gallery of naff wall art, pineapple lamp, we collected 18 jellycat bunnies for you...ā€

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Maybe they had a time limit on when they had to get all their ads posted so pushed them House of Scrounge out now.

Or (more likely) theyā€™re just insensitive fuckers who donā€™t give a tit that weā€™re in the middle of a global pandemic heading for a recession and still just want their free tit to come rolling in.

Reactions: 16
Your friend sounds like a good mum.
You can imagine when the twins turn 18 and have caught onto the fact they were child stars, ā€œerm mum, did you save some of that money for usā€ Clammie, no darlings but look at this beautiful bath, gallery of naff wall art, pineapple lamp, we collected 18 jellycat bunnies for you...ā€
She is a good mum but Iā€™m also pretty sure thatā€™s the law. I donā€™t think she can take any more than whatā€™s considered reasonable, like travel costs, her meals, etc. Itā€™s the problem with all these influencer kids (internationally, not just here) - thereā€™s no guidelines with regards to them being used as cash cows and having money saved for them.

(Money and consent (for the kids) has always been my axe to grind with this influencer crowd.)

What's wrong with their stairs, they look pretty good to me?
I'm no builder or 'renovator' so what would I know.šŸ¤‘

• Heart
I find myself crosser than I want to be about stair spindles! Although having gone over to the Insta account (Iā€™m not a follower) I see that many others spoke their truth about replacement spindles, including a staircase maker (I love that there are staircase makers out there). It also says a lot about the SoDs and their frankly philistine approach that they describe the BountyMargate ones as just ā€˜copiesā€™ when they were done by a craftsman.

I know someone who is a big cheese in the heritage world. His family home is an old building that was bought years ago in a virtually derelict state. Over many years itā€™s been restored to the point where it feels slightly like a museum in a homely way. He has spent hours and hours at auctions and in antique shops finding the right stuff for it. Heā€™s an extreme example obviously, and the SoDs never set out to do anything like that, but the fact that they never get anything for that house that canā€™t be bought new in a shop, preferably online, is such a dull approach to styling and furnishing a home. Basically if you canā€™t try to wring a freebie or an affiliate link out of it, itā€™s not worth having.

Reactions: 20
She is a good mum but Iā€™m also pretty sure thatā€™s the law. I donā€™t think she can take any more than whatā€™s considered reasonable, like travel costs, her meals, etc. Itā€™s the problem with all these influencer kids (internationally, not just here) - thereā€™s no guidelines with regards to them being used as cash cows and having money saved for them.

(Money and consent (for the kids) has always been my axe to grind with this influencer crowd.)
Yes, me too.
your friend obviously sticks to guidelines and whatever about child actors / modelling and fairly accrued pay.
You would hope that the twins / girls have had some sort of money put aside for them and it hasnā€™t all fed the house of horrors. As youā€™re right - thereā€™s no laws in place for what children of influencers should be earning / the hours they ā€˜workā€™. Theyā€™re not even in control of their own image!
As for consent - they have had their faces (and bedroom) made available to hundreds of thousands since they were babies - itā€™s all a little Truman Show isnā€™t it!

• Sad
Reactions: 10

Yeah it is the law. In primary school I used to sit next to a boy that did west end musicals (absurd as he was never actually in school so I basically sat by myself, and no it wasnā€™t a posh school) and he was aware he was working / earning money as his parents evidently spoke to him about it. Heā€™s lived comfortably in adulthood with his own house from a young age (for London) and cars etc. He is a normal person now, doesnā€™t perform, but heā€™s had a huge leap start on adult life thanks to that cash?

It is horribly unfair that the same work setup can occur online and the kid has no rights to the cash what so ever?!

Reactions: 13
100% agreed, love this. And to my point on the traffic light warning system... No one should be duped into spending Ā£900 into that DT GCSE (remember the plastic mold machine you made a door buzzer out of in year 9?) x Curryā€™s PC world circa 2003 aesthetic lamp under the guise thatā€™s a normal purchase for a young family to make. The things they have are abnormally excessive IMO and it isnā€™t normal.

In this household weā€™re thankfully doing quite alright (touch wood init) but our salaries are the only money weā€™ll ever have...so like most normal people weā€™d actually consider the value work adds to our houseā€™s value before itā€™s done? Is spending 0.5% of your houseā€™s buy price on a sink (as theyā€™ve feigned to) actually all that wise - is it going to see returns? When you come to sell the house is the addition of Ā£250psm marble tiles going to add at least their cost in ttl value? I am going to guess definitely not šŸ˜‚

Not everything needs to be an optimal money maker and Iā€™m far from a skinflint, Iā€™m not advocating buying those horrible shiny white landlord tiles that seem to sap heat from the very marrow in your bones just to make a few quid. But when your salary is it youā€™ve got to make better decisions init? Like youā€™d either re allocate that Ā£4k of sink money to cover 30%+ of the bathroomā€™s entire cost, or chuck most of it in savings. Because very few ppl have the benefit of brands or parents subsidising their budget.

I really bleeping resent them presenting their lifestyle & excess as normal for a young family because I know so many (otherwise smart) young women who are in serious financial trouble because they believed the tit they saw on Insta was realistic and followed suit. Itā€™s insidious and you have to actively train your mind against what youā€™re seeing, how fucked up is that?! For all the fuss they make about models giving teenage girls anorexia youā€™d think theyā€™d have a thing or two to say about young women spending double digit %s of their salary maintaining debts because of these lot wouldnā€™t you!

Edit: sorry for dissertation canā€™t sleep xx
This 100% šŸ™Œ

I donā€™t mind that their parents helped them with purchasing their house but thatā€™s not the ā€˜storyā€™ they are selling, sorry telling to the huns is it? Itā€™s like @heretoreaditall2019 say, they are presenting a home/lifestyle that simply isnā€™t attainable unless you have a huge salary and/or in their case are greedy for whatever freebies they can get their grabby mits on.

I fully get when you move into a house, regardless of how well it looks that aesthetically it may not be to your taste but most of us would have to save up/tackle a room at a time and would not make out it was a reno. Let alone ripping out perfectly good stair spindles just for the gram.:rolleyes:

All the virtue signalling about supporting small brands/local trades people is so disingenuous. As others have pointed out look at whatā€™s been noted as gifted already let alone in the past. There is no way if they get offered a discount and/or a free carpet for the stairs or free spindles they will go ā€˜oh no we want to pay full priceā€™. Itā€™s not in their nature - itā€™s just all one smash and grab.

Slightly off topic but the tip comments made me chuckle - my dad has been busy doing bits in my parents garden and has lots to take to the tip but their local one still has hour plus queues and he bucks the British trend and refuses to queue lol.

We ventured out (properly) for the first time yesterday and went to a local wood for our daily exercise - it was lovely to get out and have a real change of scenery. The few people who were there were respectful and we all social distanced with ease. However weā€™re lucky to live in a town near the countryside so weā€™re not all competing over the same open spaces. The idea of going back into a shop to simply browse feels a lifetime away doesnā€™t it? Not that Iā€™m eager to rush back to that side of things to be honest.

Reactions: 11
Iā€™m irrationally angry about the spindles because itā€™s just yet another symptom of their/societyā€™s throwaway culture. I literally donā€™t give a tit if new ones are cost effective or look the same or whatever. There is no need at all to replace stair spindles, unless theyā€™re broken, ever!! Who the duck rips out spindles for being not quite perfect?? I wouldnā€™t even want to do that if it was free! Whatā€™s the point? Who wants builders and mess in the house? Who wants to chuck the old ones in landfill? Just why?? My spindles (very very old house) are in a right state. Theyā€™re so far down on my radar of things to concern myself with, but when I do, theyā€™ll be getting sanded back properly and probably just repainted. Theyā€™re just vile mindless consumers and they make me bleeping sick

• Heart
Reactions: 29
They had no qualms about launching this part show-off-part-beggy account, ALL about themselves and their excess, in the middle of a global health crisis and economic downturn (pending catastrophe). In doing this, they are shouting from the rooftops exactly what type of human beings they are. We hear you, Simon Hooper and Clemmie Hooper.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
They had no qualms about launching this part show-off-part-beggy account, ALL about themselves and their excess, in the middle of a global health crisis and economic downturn (pending catastrophe). In doing this, they are shouting from the rooftops exactly what type of human beings they are. We hear you, Simon Hooper and Clemmie Hooper.
Pair of class A twats

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.