MOD & FOD #3 Part time parents full time grifters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she thinks she’s a trail blazer for being open , upfront and one of the “we need to talk about.....” panel , that seems to be the thing to do for Insta women.

Those of us who’ve had children discuss things as they naturally occur and do it without fuss but it’s her selling point to try to be at the forefront of “let’s talk” and making it seem like she’s a guiding light for the uninitiated.
A guiding light...? This is a midwife who 'came on' at work and had to fashion a pad out of rolled up toilet roll. She didn't even have the initiative to take a pad from the cupboard! She had to text FOD, who was 100 miles away to buy her tampons 🙄

Reactions: 13
A guiding light...? This is a midwife who 'came on' at work and had to fashion a pad out of rolled up toilet roll. She didn't even have the initiative to take a pad from the cupboard! She had to text FOD, who was 100 miles away to buy her tampons 🙄
Agreed. It’s just as someone else said, trying to be a trailblazer in openness. However many of us with periods and daughters with periods are perfectly capable of being open and discussing them without her leading the way...
I’m wondering what the next step will be. And also grateful they don’t have boys, as imagine the wet dream open chats and erections. Would tie in nicely with his post vasectomy ejaculations.

Reactions: 6
Agree with you , how she sees herself is at odds with how we see her. This is the Midwife who forgot International Midwife Day last year, who doesn’t prepare for her periods and is happy to be a “mean girl” while calling for everyone else to be kind.

Reactions: 8
Most mere mortals of the female species usually have a spare tampon/pad in the bottom of the handbag....I drummed it into my girls to carry one with them- life lessons and all that! She works in a hospital so loo paper wasn't necessary but whens it's for the gram....

• Heart
Poor mod slumming it without gold taps (that cost more than my car) and having to use a kettle to boil water 🎻

She'll struggle on through this torture by thinking of the next 3 luxury holidays coming up this year.

Reactions: 5
I think MOD is trying to normalise talking about periods. I get that. Periods shouldn’t provoke a “ewwww” response. However in my circle “ewww” stopped being a normal response when we were about 17. Maybe FOD is so immature she’s trying to normalise periods for him, you know because he has four daughters... in case the world didn’t know.
She stated on her stories that her cycle is out of whack since she had the coil removed. This happens to lots of women when they stop using a particular contraceptive, but that doesnt seem to be what she's "starting a conversation" about- she just seems to feel the need to inform 600k+ people that she's got her period...? Also, if she's aware she's a bit irregular at the moment (I have had phases like this), why not just have a couple of tampons or towels in her bag just in case?? We've all been caught out. It's only a big deal if you make it one. When Period Poverty is such a big issue lately, it's a bit insulting to women who cant even afford sanitary wear that she thinks its ok to do eye rolling "oh look at me, how silly I am" stories about it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
When Period Poverty is such a big issue lately, it's a bit insulting to women who cant even afford sanitary wear that she thinks its do eye rolling "oh look at me, how silly I am" stories about it.

*Yellow Daisies* post of the day 👍.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
When Period Poverty is such a big issue lately, it's a bit insulting to women who cant even afford sanitary wear that she thinks its do eye rolling "oh look at me, how silly I am" stories about it.

*Yellow Daisies* post of the day 👍.
This is so true....I worked in a school where a girl in yr 5 used to come to school stinking of fags but mom couldn't "afford" sanitary towels for her...we had a cubbord in the staff room where she could help herself it was tragic to say the least 🤨

She stated on her stories that her cycle is out of whack since she had the coil removed. This happens to lots of women when they stop using a particular contraceptive, but that doesnt seem to be what she's "starting a conversation" about- she just seems to feel the need to inform 600k+ people that she's got her period...? Also, if she's aware she's a bit irregular at the moment (I have had phases like this), why not just have a couple of tampons or towels in her bag just in case?? We've all been caught out. It's only a big deal if you make it one. When Period Poverty is such a big issue lately, it's a bit insulting to women who cant even afford sanitary wear that she thinks its ok to do eye rolling "oh look at me, how silly I am" stories about it.
I just think for a woman in her mid 30s it’s a bit weird to constantly be talking about periods. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I just think for a woman in her mid 30s it’s a bit weird to constantly be talking about periods. 🤷🏼‍♀️
It’s literally just trying to be relatable to her USP midwife, nhs worker, normal gal. Hey I’m so great I talk about bodies etc. Wearing white trousers on a 12 hour drive in France seems random regardless of irregular cycles.

Reactions: 5
It’s literally just trying to be relatable to her USP midwife, nhs worker, normal gal. Hey I’m so great I talk about bodies etc. Wearing white trousers on a 12 hour drive in France seems random regardless of irregular cycles.
Thankfully we didn't get to see evidence of this fact! I normally wear my most comfortable clothes whilst travelling avoiding car sick kids etc....not Clemmie tho!

Reactions: 3
She’s a very odd woman.

She’s mid 30s and is still carrying on like a teenager.

Who the duck wears white jeans to travel in?! 🙄🙈

She’s a very odd woman.

She’s mid 30s and is still carrying on like a teenager.

Who the duck wears white jeans to travel in?! 🙄🙈
I thought that too, white jeans on a very long car journey with kids, weird choice. I also don't get why Clemmie doesn't sit in between the twins, that's what I used to do. The seem to rely on the older girls in the middle to sort the twins out.

Reactions: 4
I thought that too, white jeans on a very long car journey with kids, weird choice. I also don't get why Clemmie doesn't sit in between the twins, that's what I used to do. The seem to rely on the older girls in the middle to sort the twins out.
Travelling in white jeans? Definitely odd, infact travelling in denim full stop is not that comfy. Where's your trackies woman!
However, travelling in the back between two kids would be a massive no from me I'd rather stick hot pins in my eyes

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Thankfully we didn't get to see evidence of this fact! I normally wear my most comfortable clothes whilst travelling avoiding car sick kids etc....not Clemmie tho!
I’m surprised she hadn’t cashed in on that yet! The viral images of painting your face with period blood etc

Reactions: 2
It’s like her and her husband hit their early 20s and have just stuck there mentally? They are both hurtling towards 40, have teenage (?) kids but they act like stupid kids. I just don’t understand how they function as regular adults judging by the abundance of utter shite they spew out on social media.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It’s like her and her husband hit their early 20s and have just stuck there mentally? They are both hurtling towards 40, have teenage (?) kids but they act like stupid kids. I just don’t understand how they function as regular adults judging by the abundance of utter shite they spew out on social media.
Don’t forget the DJ set at Bestival , in the Bollywood Tent, I wonder what gems Clem and Si will spin on the decks <snigger>

• Haha
I think MOD is trying to normalise talking about periods. I get that. Periods shouldn’t provoke a “ewwww” response. However in my circle “ewww” stopped being a normal response when we were about 17. Maybe FOD is so immature she’s trying to normalise periods for him, you know because he has four daughters... in case the world didn’t know.
They have four daughters? Never knew that. They’ve never mentioned that 😂😉 I know someone with 6 daughters and they’ve never made a big song and dance about it 😂

• Haha
They have four daughters? Never knew that. They’ve never mentioned that 😂😉 I know someone with 6 daughters and they’ve never made a big song and dance about it 😂
Don’t quote me on this but I think he may only have daughters?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.