MOD & FOD #17 Eat, Sleep, Deactivate, Repeat.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Clemmie’s main goal was just to be famous and treated like a celebrity. I don’t think she really cared how she got famous. Tried TV shows (fool around with my bf) that didn’t go anywhere, blogging with gas and air, sort of gave her some online fame but that wasn’t enough, so she starts selling her kids for #ad, when that back fired she ‘reinvents’ herself as the Reno person (or whatever you call it!). Others have said it before, and I’ll say it again, give her time and she will reinvent herself again and be back on Instagram before you know it, as something else. She can’t lose all those followers that she’s ‘worked so hard’ to build up! So that’s why I despise her. She’s shrewd, crafty and sly...like a bully.
Simon I dislike because he is an utter wankpuffin.
that is all.
Spot on! While she was posting as Alice, one of the things she said about herself was that MOFOD were famous / celebs (too lazy to search for the exact wording). She viewed herself as a tier above 'influencer' and as some sort of genuine star. Baffling given being a midwife and doing up your house is not generally how megastars are made.

Reactions: 39
🤔......hahahaha hahahaha yeaaaaah ( sorry couldn’t resist 😘)
I have to say I don’t think either of them are attractive. One of my favourite Roald Dahl quotes springs to mind here:
‘If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you always look lovely‘
Just saying.... neither of these two look lovely.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Her dress sense is ducking awful. She looks about 5 sizes bigger than she is in that picture.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That’s a particularly bad picture of her in one of her possibly #gifted outfits. The jean jacket is pants looking. I also hate the black tights with white trainers look. However, she looks very satisfied with herself. Think this was before she jumped on the donning oversized glasses bandwagon.

Re FoD’s picture, who is he aiming that picture at? It’s unattractive and definitely not sexy. I want to fill his open gob with all sorts of gross things.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
The Frugality’s home is much nicer - it does seem that a lot of them have done some sort of collaboration with ca_pietra_ though 🙄
I love The Frugality’s house, and her hallway is 😍, though she’s lucky to have a baby that doesn’t seem bothered to get into all her trinkets and bits and pieces. My two are whirlwind. I can’t have anything vaguely stylish going on 😭

Although full (gifted) toddler beds at 3.5yrs is a little weirdo they aren’t toddlers and will need more (gifted) beds soon. Everything with them is so short term and consumerist. Upgrading from a cot to a toddler bed is understandable, but from a cot that converts to a toddler bed to another toddler bed just smacks of waste.
The thing is, they probably don’t even like half the things they are gifted, but presumably feel beholden to use them. I don’t like those Stokke cots - they would have been too big and cumbersome for the smaller bedroom my twins share - but had I been gifted two of them I would have thought ‘bloody hell, now I have to use these things, at least for a little while’ and then gotten rid of them as soon as it seemed appropriate.

Should an influencer feel required to use the things they are gifted for the long term even if they wouldn’t have ordinarily? Should they use them for an ad if they still like the brand but just wouldn’t have that particular item? Should they just say thanks but no thanks?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Should an influencer feel required to use the things they are gifted for the long term even if they wouldn’t have ordinarily? Should they use them for an ad if they still like the brand but just wouldn’t have that particular item? Should they just say thanks but no thanks?
[/QUOTE]

Influencers have a choice whether or not to accept gifts and to agree to work with a particular product or company.

Reactions: 6
Influencers have a choice whether or not to accept gifts and to agree to work with a particular product or company.
I know, I was asking it in relation to using some items for a shorter period of time than others might, or switching belongings up more often.

Reactions: 2
I love The Frugality’s house, and her hallway is 😍, though she’s lucky to have a baby that doesn’t seem bothered to get into all her trinkets and bits and pieces. My two are whirlwind. I can’t have anything vaguely stylish going on 😭

The thing is, they probably don’t even like half the things they are gifted, but presumably feel beholden to use them. I don’t like those Stokke cots - they would have been too big and cumbersome for the smaller bedroom my twins share - but had I been gifted two of them I would have thought ‘bloody hell, now I have to use these things, at least for a little while’ and then gotten rid of them as soon as it seemed appropriate.

Most of them will flog it afterwards, so why would they say no?

Most of them will flog it afterwards, so why would they say no?
A lot of things go back to the brand when they aren’t being used any more. Clothes, probably not, but MOD was in my local twin group 2-3 years ago and would give away some gifted things for free to other twin mums, but others the brand would request them back when she was done with them.

I know, I was asking it in relation to using some items for a shorter period of time than others might, or switching belongings up more often.
If they don’t really want things they shouldn’t accept them. I wish brands would stop creating these influencers by giving them all this stuff they don’t need.

I hate the term influencer, especially those who wear the title like a badge of honour with their smug smiles. They’re nothing more than glorified sales people who are constantly seeking validation from thousands of people they don’t know. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 15
A lot of things go back to the brand when they aren’t being used any more. Clothes, probably not, but MOD was in my local twin group 2-3 years ago and would give away some gifted things for free to other twin mums, but others the brand would request them back when she was done with them.
How weird! What sort of thing would brands have back?!

Reactions: 6
How weird! What sort of thing would brands have back?!
The only specific item I remember was a Peanut & Piglet twin breastfeeding pillow. She offered it free to a twin mum but P&P told her she had to return it.

Reactions: 5
No idea who MOD and FOD are but can someone answer why Elle darby is on this thread
42ED7B5E-4B62-4B0C-9F70-2B72727152CD.jpeg

If they don’t really want things they shouldn’t accept them. I wish brands would stop creating these influencers by giving them all this stuff they don’t need.

I hate the term influencer, especially those who wear the title like a badge of honour with their smug smiles. They’re nothing more than glorified sales people who are constantly seeking validation from thousands of people they don’t know. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yes. That Mummy Smile has it in her heading like she’s proud of being one. What kind of example is she, and the others giving to their offspring?

I’ve always found the term ‘influencer’ really bizarre, and that it is used as a positive or aspirational thing. Since when was it a good thing to be under the influence of someone?

Yes. That Mummy Smile has it in her heading like she’s proud of being one. What kind of example is she, and the others giving to their offspring?
I don’t follow TMS, but just looked. She’s not even blue ticked, so definitely odd to describe herself as such.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve always found the term ‘influencer’ really bizarre, and that it is used as a positive or aspirational thing. Since when was it a good thing to be under the influence of someone?

I don’t follow TMS, but just looked. She’s not even blue ticked, so definitely odd to describe herself as such.
She’s an attention seeking idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
🤔......hahahaha hahahaha yeaaaaah ( sorry couldn’t resist 😘)
I've always thought she was cute.

I just looked at her hallway and I love it too. I noticed that she does also actually take the time to reply to nearly every comment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Why did MOD come clean about the posts on here?
I can't see why she didn't deny it?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.