MOD & FOD #15 Now we know Slymon really is a prick, because all he’s doing is taking the mick!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I struggle with FOD. He is trying so hard to be funny but without natural wit. His videos are professional, he uses subtitles (which I like because I never listen with the sound on) and he does take a good photograph (ethics aside). But just no wit. None.

Papa Pukka now I find hilarious but he doesn’t post nearly enough (disclaimer: I am not MP).

Reactions: 13
I’m pregnant with my third now. 😮 32 hours for the first, 2.5 for second, third..? My husband will be putting up the birthing pool in advance this time I think!

OK, I’m actually a little nervous! I feel I should prepare my husband for it just being him delivering the baby! 😂 Lets hope it happens at night so he doesn’t have t juggle that with dealing with the older two.
my third sat in there refusing to move until th
Just seen the New M&S ‘jumper’ advert... people dancing to House of Pain - Jump around - they may have redeemed themselves after the MOD and crew marketing debacle . Made me want to go out and get some funky jumpers 👌🏼
I was in marks and spencers with my mum the other day and that song started playing. I thought it was a really odd choice for them, makes sense now!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Mortified to imagine MOD at parents eve, the teacher having seen her instagram read all about her in the press 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I’ve said on previous threads but I fell hook line and sinker for all the instamum crap when my son was born. I have three Mama tops, my boyfriend has a Papa t shirt I bought, Tiba and marl nappy bag (which the zip has ripped the lining of), sleepyhead my child hated etc etc. I nearly bought that rug too
The zips on Tiba and Marl bags are total crap mine pulled off too. So much money for a poorly made bag. This was before #AD and thought they all had these bags because they were good 🙄

Reactions: 15
😂😂😂

Using American words to appeal to his new target market?

It’s a bleeping rubber nobhead.
He's a 'bleeping rubber nobhead' who clearly put a lot of effort into this latest post and has plenty time on his hands to make these one man sketch shows!

I stand by my theory that Clammie is under the decking (posher than patio innit?)

The claims in that magazine article about her "being in a dark place" (decking? 😜) and his "how are you/are you okay" (whatever phrase it was) do not surprise me at all as both lean heavily towards mental health which is always a pull on the heart strings.....

I work on a Child & Adolescent Mental Health inpatient ward - shame neither of their postings consider that particular age group..... Self-righteous, attention seeking fools.

Reactions: 12
What did MOD say about Mother Pukka please?
Fell into the Tattle hole about 2 weeks ago and my little plastic spoon isn't doing too good a job at digging me out just yet :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Do these ‘Instamummies’ actually believe their own hype?! Does anyone actually give a tit about their Christmas decorations or faux ‘dinner party’ set ups. Some of the smaller bloggers with circa 5,000 are the worst as they swan around the school yard like their Kate Middleton - all the while their ‘hubby’s’ are shagging the receptionists!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Surely tattle is an online community too. The comments can do all of the above you have mentioned. I understand it's not on there personal/money grapping feed.
Tattle is of course an online community, but it’s not the influencer’s online community, and that’s the key difference.

If I posted mean comments in FOD’s comments about FOD, MOD, the daughters and his followers which resulted in a huge disagreement and comments having to be turned off or posts deleted, then I’d fully own I was trolling.

But posting comments on Tattle isn’t trolling. Look how many people didn’t even know Tattle existed until recently!

This is another definition, and by this definition the posters who come onto Tattle to post ‘youse are all witches, I luv FOD and the twinnies’ are the trolls as that’s totally off topic! (I vomited in my mouth typing that. 🤢)

“In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
And this is why these InstaScums need to be called into account. New Mums are very suggestible when it comes to giving their baby the best. New Mums are often isolated and overwhelmed. But, honestly you cannot BUY an item that will make you feel less isolated. A rug can never make you feel that you belong. An overpriced sparkly jumper doesn't have the power to stop you feeling overwhelmed. They just don't.

But new Mums are preyed on and tricked into believing that they will.
I was totally ‘influenced’ by them all during my first pregnancy and during those lonely relentless night feeds. In the depths of PN depression I was too tired to question the hype. I thought you needed the ‘rug’, the Mama sweatshirt, Scamp and Dude baby clothes and the Kenyan Moses basket to be a good Mum. It started with MP. She was the gateway drug that led to SM, MOD and the rest of the exploitation experts. I’m horrified at how impressionable I was. Urrgh #womensupportingwomen

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I was totally ‘influenced’ by them all during my first pregnancy and during those lonely relentless night feeds. In the depths of PN depression I was too tired to question the hype. I thought you needed the ‘rug’, the Mama sweatshirt, Scamp and Dude baby clothes and the Kenyan Moses basket to be a good Mum. It started with MP. She was the gateway drug that led to SM, MOD and the rest of the exploitation experts. I’m horrified at how impressionable I was. Urrgh #womensupportingwomen
100% this! Just gone through and unfollowed any account that makes me feel like I 'need' something! Esp for SAHMs it's a lonely place.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think I am lucky, in that I didn't get the internet until 2003, when my youngest daughter was 1. I already had 2 older boys who were 8 and 6. Back then it was mainly message boards/forums like this. I used to frequent the old Bounty boards which was fine, but I was on my 3rd so pretty secure in my abilities.

I do wonder what I would have done if insta was around then, because I have severe and enduring mental illness. I was/am basically an influencers wet dream. Part of my illness is I am prone to manic behaviours and I can become obsessive. I was in £55k of debt because of it, I am now down to £29k debt after 9 years of being in a debt plan. I can't blame influencers for my issues, but I can point to the internet for making it very easy for me to buy stuff quickly. Yes, I was doing that in the high street, but I could drop a lot of money quicker on the internet.

I think that modern life makes people feel much more isolated, while at the same time more connected. What I mean by that is, we have so many more ways to find people with the same interests, but they may not have our best interests at heart. Take the HInch for example, her stuff started off with cleaning and most people could drop 10 quid on cleaning products to be like Hinch, but she has morphed into... I don't know what exactly? Is she a home account or a cleaning account or a mum account or all of them?

I think it's really unfair and cruel to berate people and call them weak for buying what people on insta are selling. People on insta are "relatable". We see advert on tv and know that's an advert. But we see Clemmie or Mrs Hinch or Zoella or whoever saying, "Hey everyone, I got this thing and it is the best thing ever, I totally love it, I know you'll love it too so here's a 10% off code"

I've rambled but what I think I am saying is that insta is nowhere near regulated enough. It is pure manipulation and the sooner the tide turns the better.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
No. I’ll have this in my pop socket please....View attachment 59007
You should see the things the put on the back of phone cases now! My daughter showed me one with dolls legs and arms sticking out. And my partner sent me a link for a penis pop socket the other day. The decoden(think that's what they are called) phone cases they make are really popular.

I struggle with FOD. He is trying so hard to be funny but without natural wit. His videos are professional, he uses subtitles (which I like because I never listen with the sound on) and he does take a good photograph (ethics aside). But just no wit. None.

Papa Pukka now I find hilarious but he doesn’t post nearly enough (disclaimer: I am not MP).
He's a joke. And not a funny one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I think I am lucky, in that I didn't get the internet until 2003, when my youngest daughter was 1. I already had 2 older boys who were 8 and 6. Back then it was mainly message boards/forums like this. I used to frequent the old Bounty boards which was fine, but I was on my 3rd so pretty secure in my abilities.

I do wonder what I would have done if insta was around then, because I have severe and enduring mental illness. I was/am basically an influencers wet dream. Part of my illness is I am prone to manic behaviours and I can become obsessive. I was in £55k of debt because of it, I am now down to £29k debt after 9 years of being in a debt plan. I can't blame influencers for my issues, but I can point to the internet for making it very easy for me to buy stuff quickly. Yes, I was doing that in the high street, but I could drop a lot of money quicker on the internet.

I think that modern life makes people feel much more isolated, while at the same time more connected. What I mean by that is, we have so many more ways to find people with the same interests, but they may not have our best interests at heart. Take the HInch for example, her stuff started off with cleaning and most people could drop 10 quid on cleaning products to be like Hinch, but she has morphed into... I don't know what exactly? Is she a home account or a cleaning account or a mum account or all of them?

I think it's really unfair and cruel to berate people and call them weak for buying what people on insta are selling. People on insta are "relatable". We see advert on tv and know that's an advert. But we see Clemmie or Mrs Hinch or Zoella or whoever saying, "Hey everyone, I got this thing and it is the best thing ever, I totally love it, I know you'll love it too so here's a 10% off code"

I've rambled but what I think I am saying is that insta is nowhere near regulated enough. It is pure manipulation and the sooner the tide turns the better.
I do blame them. Simply because they could just go about their daily life showing a glimpse of their child rearing and offering support but they don’t they flog stuff and they make lots and lots of money from carefully cultivating their followers, sometimes it’s so subtle other times it’s like a sledge hammer and EVEN if you don’t buy something on their subtle suggestion there is the affiliated links hoo har, look at Mrs Hinch in cohoots with EBay getting a % every time someone just looks at the link so yeah they are immoral money grabbers and a large percentage of them are already quite financially well off 😠

• Angry
Reactions: 13
I do blame them. Simply because they could just go about their daily life showing a glimpse of their child rearing and offering support but they don’t they flog stuff and they make lots and lots of money from carefully cultivating their followers, sometimes it’s so subtle other times it’s like a sledge hammer and EVEN if you don’t buy something on their subtle suggestion there is the affiliated links hoo har, look at Mrs Hinch in cohoots with EBay getting a % every time someone just looks at the link so yeah they are immoral money grabbers and a large percentage of them are already quite financially well off 😠
For me it's the sheer AMOUNT of stuff some of them sell under the guise of it being a "recommendation". Even now they are having to #AD it, which some of them do very well, there's still that feeling like they are doing you a favour by bringing the thing to your attention! It's very Barbara at the water cooler telling you about this great stuff she found for bringing her carpets up really nice, AND it's on offer in Tesco! There is an awful lot of stuff I'd never have known about if it wasn't for Instagram- not all bad, I've found some great small brands this way but they are definitely outweighed by unnecessary crap.

Reactions: 16
The only thing I bought which she plugged is the space mask .. fantastic things but pricy .
Agreed spacemasks are my one influenced purchase, although I found a cheaper version on Amazon, Lavender and made by optrex.

Absolute sense.

Agreed spacemasks are my one influenced purchase, although I found a cheaper version on Amazon, Lavender and made by optrex.

Absolute sense.

Thank you . I'm gonna order some . I have stopped buying space masks after she started gifting more often to the grabbers. I've been a loyal customer since she pretty much came into the market.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.