MOD & FOD #15 Now we know Slymon really is a prick, because all he’s doing is taking the mick!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been watching “I’m a celebrity” and wondering why Ant can get found guilty of drunk driving and crashing into a car with a child in it and everyone stand by him. Yet MOD acts a bit bitchy behind her mates’ back and all her friends unfollow and disown her?
Are they really comparable? Nothing is that black and white. I’m not fan of Ant and Dec and don’t watch anything they present, but as far as I’m aware Ant went through a pretty public humiliation, through the courts and somehow has come through the other side presumably still well liked by the public.
MOD has been a witch to her friends so they’ve unfollowed and is being investigated by her job after publicly embarrassing herself. None of us know how this will play out for her in the long run. She still has 660k followers. But clearly the true friends have been really hurt and have good reason to distance themselves and the others are using witches.

Reactions: 14
Yeah Ant is back to normal funny Ant loved by the nation after having an affair and drink driving .

Obviously it’s all a pretty shallow thing , those friends aren’t real friends so why would they stand by her .

Reactions: 7
Dec is probably anonymously on Tattle somewhere calling Ant a twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 119
Are they really comparable? Nothing is that black and white. I’m not fan of Ant and Dec and don’t watch anything they present, but as far as I’m aware Ant went through a pretty public humiliation, through the courts and somehow has come through the other side presumably still well liked by the public.
MOD has been a witch to her friends so they’ve unfollowed and is being investigated by her job after publicly embarrassing herself. None of us know how this will play out for her in the long run. She still has 660k followers. But clearly the true friends have been really hurt and have good reason to distance themselves and the others are using witches.
It's very relivant. It's about the backlash a public figure has.

If FOD had been drink driving and injured innocent children he'd probably get less of a backlash than a few bitchy comments on a forums that someone has to go out of their way to read.

It's madness.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
They were never Gimmie's real friends. Never. They were at best, friendly business acquaintances or colleagues. They were deliberately lumped together, by their PR agencies, to promote a totally faux 'sisterhood' in order to better shill to their naive followers. The poor, credulous followers saw this gaggle of glittery clad girlies and desperately wanted to belong too. Even if only by buying a Scamp & Dude sweater or that crappy La Redoute rug. These faux insta-friendships were deliberately created & deployed to appeal to their (typically vulnerable, isolated, lonely young mums) naive followers who yearned for a similar support network.

Shame on you InstaMums. If you had ever been true friends of Gimmie's you would have stood by her. Yes, acknowledged she'd been stupid and needed a clip round the ear, and needed a massive rethink of her attitude, but you should have stood by her. Because we're all human and capable of massive mistakes. And, there must be enough good in Gimmie to make her worth your friendship? After all, you couldn't get enough of her only 3 weeks ago, because you all thought her so amazing and inspirational and fantastic, yes?

Instead you dropped her so fast she must have whiplash and have flocked to Candice with your faux smiles. A self confessed pimp who will have targeted & used vulnerable women in order to line her own pockets. Just as you are all using CB now in the hope it will raise your profiles, increase your followers and line your own pockets.

Classy. Really classy.

• Heart
Reactions: 76

If FOD had been drink driving and injured innocent children he'd probably get less of a backlash than a few bitchy comments on a forums that someone has to go out of their way to read.

It's madness.
I didn’t say it wasn’t relevant at all, I said the 2 cases were quite different and to me not comparable. I thought at the time, Ant was vilified in the press. Much like MOD. And that time has passed and he has somehow managed to retain a fan base, with therapy, self help, new partner. As a non-fan he appears to have started a new relationship when his long term relationship was not in a good place (I thought it was over but don’t want to be jumped on) he had a mighty fall from grace, and I was surprised he returned to work but holding his hands up and ‘seeking help’ clearly worked for him.
Maybe things will work out in Clemmies favour. We have no idea yet. Maybe she will keep her job and throw herself into it and gain support. Anything could happen. So it seems early to compare the situations.

They were never Gimmie's real friends. Never. They were at best, friendly business acquaintances or colleagues. They were deliberately lumped together, by their PR agencies, to promote a totally faux 'sisterhood' in order to better shill to their naive followers. The poor, credulous followers saw this gaggle of glittery clad girlies and desperately wanted to belong too. Even if only by buying a Scamp & Dude sweater or that crappy La Redoute rug. These faux insta-friendships were deliberately created & deployed to appeal to their (typically vulnerable, isolated, lonely young mums) naive followers who yearned for a similar support network.

Shame on you InstaMums. If you had ever been true friends of Gimmie's you would have stood by her. Yes, acknowledged she'd been stupid and needed a clip round the ear, and needed a massive rethink of her attitude, but you should have stood by her. Because we're all human and capable of massive mistakes. And, there must be enough good in Gimmie to make her worth your friendship? After all, you couldn't get enough of her only 3 weeks ago, because you all thought her so amazing and inspirational and fantastic, yes?

Instead you dropped her so fast she must have whiplash and have flocked to Candice with your faux smiles. A self confessed pimp who will have targeted & used vulnerable women in order to line her own pockets. Just as you are all using CB now in the hope it will raise your profiles, increase your followers and line your own pockets.

Classy. Really classy.
Some of them were her true friends. Going back on her Facebook photos there were comments years ago. Most of the ones who’ve put stuff out there are just witches and I’ve unfollowed all of the ones I was following.

Reactions: 11
I’ll say it again, the nmc will be doing what they need to in order for her to keep her pin. She’s still on the register and can practice so potentially they don’t see it as big enough to suspend her or stop any immediate practice regardless of her behaviour and non following of their social media rules.

It’ll all blow over in time and she’ll be fine. Her type always are.

Reactions: 13
I didn’t say it wasn’t relevant at all, I said the 2 cases were quite different and to me not comparable. I thought at the time, Ant was vilified in the press. Much like MOD. And that time has passed and he has somehow managed to retain a fan base, with therapy, self help, new partner. As a non-fan he appears to have started a new relationship when his long term relationship was not in a good place (I thought it was over but don’t want to be jumped on) he had a mighty fall from grace, and I was surprised he returned to work but holding his hands up and ‘seeking help’ clearly worked for him.
Maybe things will work out in Clemmies favour. We have no idea yet. Maybe she will keep her job and throw herself into it and gain support. Anything could happen. So it seems early to compare the situations.

Some of them were her true friends. Going back on her Facebook photos there were comments years ago. Most of the ones who’ve put stuff out there are just witches and I’ve unfollowed all of the ones I was following.
Agree with everything you said. Whilst i’m Not a fan of A&D I do think that the situation is very different, we’re talking about addiction which I believe stemmed from an injury. Yes he made mistakes which were widely publicised and will always stay with him but he also faced court, punishment and publicly apologised.
Clemmie however can’t blame the mental health card in my opinion, she’s guilty of being obsessed with her own fame, abusing her position as a midwife and willing to back-stab and witch to get where she wants. Over the years she’s not come across a nice person. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Not sure if this has been discussed already (sorry if yes) but I think Clemmie Telford has also unfollowed father of daughters and both mods public and private (!!!) account
How pathetic! MOD delivered her baby! why would you then fall out over this silliness.

Reactions: 18

It's madness.
I think he would. Because whatever you think of him, Ant has spent 20 years working hard, he has talent as a presenter, and a huge fan base because of it. FOD has spent two years posting weak jokes and pictures of his small children on Instagram, and flogging overpriced middle class tat. So he hasn’t earned the public profile to come back from it. His posts this week show how little there is to him if the brands walk away and he decides to keep the kids out of it. There is no real affection for him out there.

Reactions: 19
Been watching “I’m a celebrity” and wondering why Ant can get found guilty of drunk driving and crashing into a car with a child in it and everyone stand by him. Yet MOD acts a bit bitchy behind her mates’ back and all her friends unfollow and disown her?
I’ve been wondering this too.

Reactions: 2
A sponsored ad just came up in my Facebook feed. It was a news article about MOD (so she’s being used to influence people to read crappy articles online now...) and I wondered if it was a new article. It wasn’t but lots of the comments were new, and from this evening. Lots of ‘No way! I’m unfollowing her now’ and people tagging friends and then ‘OMG we wanted to be her friend at Glastonbury, never know what’s underneath the sparkly sequins’.. etc etc so there’s lots of followers who have no clue about any of this!

How pathetic! MOD delivered her baby! why would you then fall out over this silliness.
I’m guessing there’s more to it than silliness. Either it’s much more serious than it looks or Telford is really snakey. I think there must have been a core group (original WhatsApp mamas) who were friends. With the moon club meets and before they were all influencers. Clemmies comments about MP were really very unpleasant. Not just bitchy. Not the kind of nastiness you could just brush off. So perhaps these friends are sticking together at the moment. Even if things move on, it would be normal to have a break from someone who’s been an utter witch.

Grandmotherpukka posted a photo of Pinocchio. He was a liar, not a witch. So 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8

Classy. Really classy.
I'm embarrassed to say I was influenced by the faux sisterhood into buying "that crappy la redoute rug" 😶

I was just looking at FODS feed and saw a photo 12 weeks ago, MOD was heavily involved in comments. FOD was moaning about twin in his bed, and someone said ‘oh for god’s sake etc’ the comments went mental but in there was this
AC539C60-C4B6-45F2-9959-CD9EB58C0BD9.jpeg
33B97DAC-BB1D-4C68-A215-3CC2EC9A4EA7.jpeg
4C9C6AA6-17AB-4F39-B308-FC626071EC53.jpeg
3AB115CE-5E5C-48AC-B926-2FEC1453F4EA.jpeg
B95E3B71-E6BE-4548-B796-A83A1F763E12.jpeg

So it looks like she was reported to NMC and another board back then. I’d imagine at some point the blurred lines between her professional role and online presence will be one a problem.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.