MOD & FOD #15 Now we know Slymon really is a prick, because all he’s doing is taking the mick!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It annoys me when people say things like ‘if people are influenced to buy the tat then that speaks volumes about them’.

Every single thing an influencer does on Instagram is calculated to the nth degree to sell stuff to people. That’s the only reason it’s posted up there; to shill. To get people buying.

So, then when it works, and ipeople do buy the stuff, you can’t blame them for doing what they’ve been deliberately manipulated into doing!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I cannot stand MAMA tit / strong girls club - I'd feel like a right dick wearing it!!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I cannot stand MAMA tit / strong girls club - I'd feel like a right dick wearing it!!
I think it appeals to people who want to portray the sentiment of the label/wording but can’t. So they write it on themselves.

Reactions: 7
It annoys me when people say things like ‘if people are influenced to buy the tat then that speaks volumes about them’.

Every single thing an influencer does on Instagram is calculated to the nth degree to sell stuff to people. That’s the only reason it’s posted up there; to shill. To get people buying.

So, then when it works, and ipeople do buy the stuff, you can’t blame them for doing what they’ve been deliberately manipulated into doing!
Exactly right. Of course it works. I’ve been influenced to spend huge amounts on skincare products by beauty influencers and it’s only a while after you begin to see what has happened and how insidious it is.

Reactions: 9
I’ve brought nothing except their books. I brought FOD book hardback and audio and I‘ve brought gi fletcher happy mum.. hardback, digital and audio. I’ve also brought all of the kids books by Tom fletcher in all formats. It’s annoys me everyday. Didn’t however buy anything that clemmie had a hand in book wise, for no reason other than I haven’t been pregnant while knowing about her.

First time poster, can I just ask why you're annoyed you bought Tom Fletchers children's books? Just asking because I love the Christmasaurus haha 😂😂😂

Reactions: 3
First time poster, can I just ask why you're annoyed you bought Tom Fletchers children's books? Just asking because I love the Christmasaurus haha 😂😂😂
I love Tom Fletchers children’s novels too! Can’t say the same about him and his obnoxious wife but his older children’s books are lovely! We’ve just finished the Christmasaurus & The Winter Witch!

Reactions: 7
We're all consumers @Apricotflangebucket influenced one way or another, if you're on instagram it's hard to avoid this kind of influencer marketing. Even if you're aware of the phycology behind it it's still easy to be affected by these influencers with their seemingly perfect lives, all the clothes, all the gifts, lovely homes, luxury holidays, lavish events and beautiful families. It doesn't matter who you are and what you have it leaves you feeling like tit sometimes because it's unobtainable. If you're working so hard it does suck when you see these influencers getting so much for free. They're not spending a penny and selling all these products to us, but it's not the products we're buying, we're being suckered (conned) into aspiring to be like them whilst spending our hard earned cash to the brands that are funding them. "if you want to be as (insert aspiration here, great/happy/successful etc) as me buy this, that or the other." I'm telling you that swipe up feature is dangerous! It's not just mums either, I can't imagine how it feels to be a teenager/young person right now.[/B]
Totally agree, they're trying to sell people a lifestyle, "look at me if you buy this you are like me". Tbh the companies are just as bad for using the 'influencers' as cheap marketing

Reactions: 6
Catching up on days of posts! Someone a while back was talking about the Instamums changing team from MOD to Candice Brathwaite and sucking up to Candice and her star was rising. I remember this going on before MOD was revealed to be Alice. CB was named in The Daily Fail last month as one of the most influential mothers in Britain alongside Mother Pukka who praises Make Motherhood Diverse in the article.

Couple of other things in it that are interesting. Like how much MP’s company is worth. At least the same if not more than the figure quoted here about the MOFODs :eek:

Also the Govt Minister who MotherPukka is working with on flexible working is Helen Whately the Tory minister who wants to shut down Tattle Life. Whately has frequently voted to decrease the welfare state so not a surprise she’s on the side of capitalist Instamums and their consumer advertising.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I love Tom Fletchers children’s novels too! Can’t say the same about him and his obnoxious wife but his older children’s books are lovely! We’ve just finished the Christmasaurus & The Winter Witch!

Ohhh we've literally just started it. Not gunna lie I'm not 100% sure who enjoys them more me or my son 😂😂

So true, advertising is a multi billion dollar industry. Everything but everything is manufactured, nothing is trivial, ordinary or left to chance with the popular instagrammers you are cleverly manipulated, sometimes it doesn’t work but for many it does, anyone can fall for it I should know I bloody bought a nail varnish MOD recommended 🙄😂🙈

• Haha

It's such a nasty mumsnet type comment. To blame other people and act superior.

Everyone likes to think they're above advertising, but yet advertisers still spend billions. The smarter people know they are influenced to a degree, and there's no shame in admitting that you're manipulated by people whose whole job is to manipulate.

Reactions: 30
I can’t see that rug without thinking about the cash carroway hooha with her cat puking on hers :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The thing is, through traditional media you get medical professionals who make a name for themselves. Dr Christian is a prime example. But with that they have their standard indemnity, as well as additional insurance and they are so, so careful to seek advice on matters than could undermine their profession.

Social media is a new form of media used by people in a different way from how we’ve used media before. It’s all so new and MOD has fallen victim to that.

You get people like Anna Mathur who does it so well. She’s a psychotherapist but stays firmly in the psychotherapy role. I think by mixing midwifery and fashion/homes, MOD has muddied the waters and got into difficulties. It was only a matter of time, especially as some people will be out to get her because she is ‘famous’.

I can see how it has happened. It started off as the gas and air blog, she then got invited some places and offered some things and took them, then it got bigger and bigger, her husband got in on the act too and then they both got things. At some point her account became less midwifery and more generic influencer stuff and I think that’s where the tide has turned and things have become misaligned. Instead of a focus on midwifery with influencer stuff being a side show, it’s swapped round. Midwifery has become the side show, influencing has become the bigger part and with that has come more risk, ultimately leading to the situation where we are up to now. For most midwives, slagging off your mates online anonymously and making a comment which could be perceived as racist wouldn’t matter. No one would know who it was and no one would be interested in finding out. But MOD’s influencer status made her a target.
Is that you Anna?

Not sure she stays in the psychotherapy role with her hash tag ads for Elemis and the like.

Also not too sure on the ethics of working in a psychotherapeutic role and sharing your life on social media.

Reactions: 2
I feel like they both take their fans for granted. Very low level engagement but without their fans they wouldn’t have their audience to advertise to or to buy giovana’s collabs or sell their books. Shouldn’t be posting here about them, they have a thread of their own though. He does do good books and he is an brilliant author, I loved Eve of Man a lot!! But I’ve never liked giovanna’s books, I’ve tried but I just can’t. Tom’s a great author as is Carrie but good people, I just can’t and don’t see it.

Reactions: 4
I do like the strong girls club merch. I like what it stands for and I also think Gemma is great
I liked Gemma too and that she says she wants to be totally transparent but it gets annoying when she super fan girls another influencer/insta business and re did her downstairs loo (i think) to look very insta/pinterest on trend 😴 (lost count how many times ive seen that type of tile pattern and colour scheme now) another account im not sure how i ended up following but i have no intention of wearing a top that says Mother or something like that on it

I bought a MAMA sweatshirt. I hadn't realised how manipulated I was being. I'm really glad I hadn't seen the rug and that the Tiba & Mark bags were too expensive to consider!

I've listened to the 2 latest High Low episodes and neither mention the MOD Tattle story

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.