Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

judsmum

Chatty Member
Someone has commented @ FOD “ I also haven't disagreed with you that these are important issues. They absolutely are. I've just asked that if you are referencing statistics to such a wide audience that you investigate and research these stats before publishing them please”

but I can’t find the post they are replying to or their original. Sounds like the stats he has published may be incorrect.

ETA found it, the stats are for Australia apparently. I’ll post the thread in screen grabs.

What does FOD have to do with Australia ? Is he Australian?
Yes. He’s a galah.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
Just looked a bit through Mods account. Since February she has only posted 6 (!) photos of her children where you can see their faces... I really wonder how she is putting up with fod and how much conflict there must have been about this issue.
It had crossed my mind this whole thing could have been deliberate self sabotage. Pure speculation but if they were in a situation whereby she's feeling uncomfortable using the children so much online, but his whole account/usp relies on the kids, she's forced the issue somewhat by pulling the rug out from under the whole 'OD' brand.

JessicaFletcher

Chatty Member
While I'm in the camp of finding the fact that Ant is back on TV ridiculous and he shouldn't have been allowed back because drink driving is disgraceful, comparing him to clemmie isnt the same.

Clemmie isnt a celebrity for starters, most people had probably never even heard of her if this hadn't been plastered all over the media. Some perspective needs to be gained, shes just a person with a lot of followers who does ads and podcasts. She doesn't have the popularity rating for this to all go away, its evident people have been waiting for years for her to fall down. In the circles she runs in all they care about is followers, where the next ad is coming from and protecting their own reputations. There's nothing genuine about them so they're not going to stick by a friend if it puts them in a bad light.

Bngr8o1

I feel like the real question is why she is seeking validation online from total strangers when to the rest of us it appears she has it all. Maybe her husband is a d'ck.

Be
Awkward that she still follows Mackie Bella when her and her mate have bashed FOD on Twitter a few times in the last few weeks
Bella mackie harps on about being kind and shes the most opinionated person on instagram. If you disagree with anything she says she basically tells you where to go.

Kaz

Do you think that he has no pre contracted adverts to place or management has arranged a hang fire with his advertisers?
As they don’t work for themselves, they are owned by Independent Talent, they will tell them what to do. In turn, Independent Talent are ruled by whoever wants to book or brand their clients. I suspect that they have had a lot of enquiries about the SODs recently. Some companies will have pulled out, some will have said hang fire, some will be doing damage limitation (like the jewellery people, taking the name off associated products).

Let’s face it, no one will be saying full speed ahead with the Christmas campaigns like everyone else. Money will already have been wasted on this couple.

Meanwhile of course he can post what he likes on his page. Shit and fart stuff, anything he normally likes to think about. Like the dog pooing in the house, the children urinating down his neck, anything. The brands will be watching and they will act accordingly. As for his wife, I think he is distancing himself Internet wise as he hasn’t mentioned her since the day he said he was angry. Maybe they think they can separate the sites and shut hers down, continue with his?

It’s very bad management for Clemmie Hooper though. The racist stuff... if there isn’t more behind the scenes than the one comment that some say is racist that is on this site, then I don’t know why she isn’t telling her side and proving how people exaggerated that to bring her down. She has more power than any of them because she’s lost her image already and people would read her story all over the world. It’s as if they have a hold on her.

When that comes out (and it will, it always does and in this case these are unprofessionals, gossips and mean girls we’re dealing with) Clemmie Hooper’s story will be huge. If she’s been maligned, I hope she gets the payoff.

NoddyNoo

Catching up on days of posts! Someone a while back was talking about the Instamums changing team from MOD to Candice Brathwaite and sucking up to Candice and her star was rising. I remember this going on before MOD was revealed to be Alice. CB was named in The Daily Fail last month as one of the most influential mothers in Britain alongside Mother Pukka who praises Make Motherhood Diverse in the article.

Couple of other things in it that are interesting. Like how much MP’s company is worth. At least the same if not more than the figure quoted here about the MOFODs :eek:

Also the Govt Minister who MotherPukka is working with on flexible working is Helen Whately the Tory minister who wants to shut down Tattle Life. Whately has frequently voted to decrease the welfare state so not a surprise she’s on the side of capitalist Instamums and their consumer advertising.

• Wow

GreyWolf

VIP Member
Agreed, having recently had a stint in hospital with my baby, the nurses made him a nest out of blankets and towels. They also made the formula up with cooled boiled water and warmed up in a jug. I was like 🤔
The thing is we can all make our own informed decisions but as a midwife she should not be endorsing these things!
I believe WHO guidelines do state that under circumstances where it’s unavoidable cooled boiled water can be used with formula IF it’s used immediately and not stored, but it’s not ideal. I breastfed my last babies but previously I made mine in advance and stored for 24 hours!
All of mine had the little nest in hospital. My issue is not so much all the little things she does as a mum, but as using her midwife status as a usp, she then promotes the use of things that she really shouldn’t.

Notsurereally

Yes, I've noticed she's unfollowed Susie Verrill, understandable after SV's Stories and her comments to the press! But she's also unfollowed Style Me Sunday, which I'm shocked about, as SMS still follows her and as far as I can tell, hasn't said anything about this whole drama. Way too much time on my hands on mat leave! 😂

• Haha

Influencerdrainers

MOD voted labour at the last general election I remember seeing this and just scrolled back and found it, so sad to scroll back and see how much they’ve changed and how happy they seemed to be, I followed her from midwifeyhooper days and thought she seemed actually quite inspiring. I always knew she was on another level of privilege
4587D61F-0907-45B9-A7A7-2E36C0D8D10B.png
that I wasn’t set to achieve nor did I want to or aspire to but liked seeing how she balanced being a mum and a midwife, as well as having her own style and liked seeing what she dressed she kids in. Now she’s just grabby and greedy and totally ruined by money, power and ego! She has no individuality left which is such a shame, I hope this mess gives her a chance to dig deep and reassess what’s important, come off social media and find out who she actually is again 🤞 for the sake of her and her family.

Lbr102

Hey Anna is that you?? My personal view is that selling mental health interventions online via Insta is shady practice. Often those purchasing these 'services' are vulnerable and without lengthy consultation how can any health care worker know if the service on sale will be appropriate. Surely the whole mod thing has made it clear that health care professionals need to be very very careful about offering services and advice online. Or profiting from their experience in a non regulated way.
Absolutely they need to be very careful and that’s why there is guidance on it from medical bodies and the regulators. But ultimately If they aren’t breaking the guidelines and it opens the services up to others then they aren’t doing anything legally wrong even if you think morally it is.

Also given in many areas the NHS Italk service is available online after a referral from a GP (who from experience has spoken to you for a few minutes at a consultation), I’m not sure there is a great deal of difference.

I have to say as well (and I’ve seen it done to others here so it’s not just a dig at you), attempting to silence someone with a difference of opinion by accusing them of being the influencer being discussed isn’t entirely fair and doesn’t lead to particularly interesting discussion or debate.

• Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
Last week, Papa Puka posted something. Was it to do with the Lakeland catalogue or something from Lakeland? FOD responded and they had a bit of a chat. Am I going mad or does anyone else remember this? It’s now gone!
It was on Ben Telford’s account.

OMG are people seriously trying to compare the support for Ant, someone with 30+ years in the industry, with that of Clemmie bloody Hooper's so-called Instafriends? That's just silly.

• Heart