MOD & FOD #15 Now we know Slymon really is a prick, because all he’s doing is taking the mick!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve said on previous threads but I fell hook line and sinker for all the instamum crap when my son was born. I have three Mama tops, my boyfriend has a Papa t shirt I bought, Tiba and marl nappy bag (which the zip has ripped the lining of), sleepyhead my child hated etc etc. I nearly bought that rug too

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I think I can trump the La R rug, ‘scamp & dude’ jumpers and ‘Tiba & Marl’ clobber .....

I bought those pointless “Yes mum” cards 🙈🙋‍♀️🤫
Someone bought those for me after my first child - I thought they had taken leave of their senses (although I smiled and thanked them of course) - what a load of rubbish those cards are, and I agree SO pointless!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm very bemused as to how that La Redoute rug became so popular, in our house it would be totally impractical. Just goes to show the power social media influencers have had at inducing FOMO amongst their audience.

I would never fall for it, nope never.

Oh ok, apart from the La Redoute gaint cactus that the OD's and Erica Davies have.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
twit’s storied 😴

Added videos

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5
I wasn't sucked in by the rug, but I was most definitely influenced to have our en suite painted a very dark green, almost black. It looks properly tit and our teens refer to it as 'the dungeon'.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
To be fair, she was travelling to London from Kent!
I wonder how long CT’s Labour was? Mine was 2.5 hours for my daughter. Midwife one got there with 20 mins to go. Midwife two and student midwife were surprised they made it at all but got there with five minutes to go. I wonder if this is quite common with home births.

Reactions: 1
I wonder how long CT’s Labour was? Mine was 2.5 hours for my daughter. Midwife one got there with 20 mins to go. Midwife two and student midwife were surprised they made it at all but got there with five minutes to go. I wonder if this is quite common with home births.
Third babies can be very speedy.

Reactions: 4
Before I unfollowed the Yes Mum she announced a new range of cards on her ‘squares’ and the card in the picture had a typo on it. Someone pointed it out and then got jumped on by loads of “Its okay hun, it just shows you’re a human being” and “OMG I cant believe you’re having a go at dyslexia” type comments.

Pure and utter shabby, unprofessional tat.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Third babies can be very speedy.
I’m pregnant with my third now. 😮 32 hours for the first, 2.5 for second, third..? My husband will be putting up the birthing pool in advance this time I think!

My third was 9 mins! 😂
OK, I’m actually a little nervous! I feel I should prepare my husband for it just being him delivering the baby! 😂 Lets hope it happens at night so he doesn’t have t juggle that with dealing with the older two.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m pregnant with my third now. 😮 32 hours for the first, 2.5 for second, third..? My husband will be putting up the birthing pool in advance this time I think!

OK, I’m actually a little nervous! I feel I should prepare my husband for it just being him delivering the baby! 😂 Lets hope it happens at night so he doesn’t have t juggle that with dealing with the older two.
My sisters third baby was that quick it was born on their bed!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
It says more about the people buying all the crap than the people selling it 🤔
Sorry?

No I disagree. It says a lot if the sellers are taking advantage of postpartum women. A lot of us were sucked in and felt that these items etc would mean we would be good mums/we would be on top of the house etc.

If you take advantage of a vulnerable group whilst pretending to advocate for them then you are a class A bellend IMHO.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Sorry?

No I disagree. It says a lot if the sellers are taking advantage of postpartum women. A lot of us were sucked in and felt that these items etc would mean we would be good mums/we would be on top of the house etc.

If you take advantage of a vulnerable group whilst pretending to advocate for them then you are a class A bellend IMHO.
Exactly, personally I bought the rug when I was 7 months pregnant, super overwhelmed with a house renovation (nothing like the MOFODS, my house was a total dump!!) and I wanted my house to look like all those lovely Instagram houses but I couldn’t afford F&B paint or super expensive wall paper. But I could afford the rug (it was 40%off). It made me fell about better about the chaos in my life, becaus they had it too and they seemed to be coping. Then I realised that they prob didn’t buy the rug, or the paint or the wall paper and they didn’t spend their nights ripping out carpets or painting walls like the rest of us. They had people doing all of that (for free and discounted!) and it was all a lie.
And the rug looked lovely if I’m honest but we spend a lot of time in the living (I don’t have a grown up living room/zen room, so we are all crammed in here!) and it doesn’t go well with heavy foot traffic or babies with reflux or weaning. White rug + small children = massive no!!

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.