MOD & FOD #14 Who cares that my wife is going through hell; when there’s hair bands to lose and children to sell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it was more about his comment about how great it would be having a friend like the guy in the video. He could have meant as in a hyped up fun person but it has also come across to others as possibly a bit ‘I love black people, I want them to be my friend’. I guess the point is he probably needed to be a bit more thoughtful in the current situation?

I agree. I’ve seen the video before and laughed. I saw it on his story and thought haha yes you would want a mate who was like that, not a black mate. People are attacking now for the sake of it

Reactions: 5
This made me laugh very much.
The vid of the man dancing did the rounds about a month ago? So why is FOD posting now?
Because he didn’t need to publicly “like” black people a month ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Maybe people are attacking for the sake of it 🤷🏻‍♀️. Maybe FOD realised he needed some diversity on his page and this was his clumsy way of doing it 🤷🏻‍♀️. Maybe he just put up something he saw a while ago because he is desperate for content and daren’t sell anything 🤷🏻‍♀️. Whatever, what he’s not doing is addressing the issue and that is going to attract criticism. His wife is all over the international press and he’s acting like a high schooler on Facebook. He’s acting like he doesn’t care.

Perhaps he doesn’t 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Reactions: 17
People’s marriages and relationships are complicated. We could all speculate that their in tit water and she’s left him or they’re splitting or whatever but also they could be in this together and she knows what he’s doing. She’s probably laughing at home with him (or on safari) and coming up with it together. She’s very clever and very sneaky. I wouldn’t be so easy to presume she’s just not doing anything.... remember she probs can’t for fear of the nmc situ so she’ll be doing whatever she can through him if she can. I’ve watched them together a few times and yes I think it’s changed since the followers grew and it went to their head but I’d be surprised if he’s being like he is 1. Without her knowledge and input and 2. Out of spite.

It sounds like I love him lol. I don’t. But he’s getting flack a lot. Aside from the selling of the kids, I think he’s just of thinking he’s funny. And I think she knows what he’s doing

Reactions: 8
That's fair enough, although that wasn't my thought. I guess I don't really see colour, when I watch that video I don't see a black man dancing I see a man dancing. And he said hype man which is actually the man behind the camera encouraging him, we don't know what colour skin he has. Id be interested to know how many POC found his post to be insulting.
Don't think it was insulting but more uncomfortable with the timing. It was an obvious and ignorant cry of 'look I love black people! I would be friends with this guy! I can't be racist like my wife!'.

Reactions: 14
I think this racism thing is getting a bit far fetched now, and I say this as a POC (mixed race). The video FOD posted has been doing the rounds for months, influencers and celebrities have been posting it, whether they be black, brown, white, blue, orange or purple.
timing is everything though isn’t it? It’s an old clip. It was a thing a month ago.....

Reactions: 13
I can’t stand DLAM.
Constantly in new clothes and pushing her not very nice expensive ‘Collabs’. And it’s utter crap the whole ‘these squares aren’t about my family’ well they were until you realised the tide turned against that. She should say ‘these squares are here to make me money doing something I like so please follow me and support my easy living!’
DLAM - Every single day her stories are “Hello I’m on oxford street going to a meeting” yawn we don’t care

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Interesting article by Constance Hall in regards to Clemmie Hooper

I thought this was mainly self-centered chest thumping, with a little bit of a confession just in case she’s also caught. She has gone for the lowest common denominator in the hope it gets a reaction- nobody ripped CH apart for her weight/ looks/ etc as she’s put, or not rhat I can see/ have ever read here. It’s nonsense.

I find it surprising that these women who have ACTIVELY SOUGHT OUT “celebrity” of a sort, are then surprised that no they can’t act or have the same voice that they used to. That’s what the money is for. You’ve lined your pockets and the pay off is both your privacy and your voice. Look at any “celebrity” niche and it is the same. And then suddenly the public is meant to feel sympathy that they’re rolling in cash but can’t also be an average Joe with an opinion. Nope. Yes it sucks, but it’s the nature of the beast and so SO many talented people could have made money on SM but HAVENT because they valued their privacy anonymity and voice over cold hard cash...

Reactions: 15
Plonking my bum down here now. Mumsnet banned me for saying "Don't you think some accounts are now making things up to suit their own agenda to get more followers. Like saying MoD was on a campaign of hate for 8 months targeting black women. Could this be weaponizing race?"

That site is a mess with very vested dodgy interests in moderation.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The whole thing is absolutely draining and so disappointing.

We need a new wave of mummy bloggers, ones that are relatable , ones that won’t try and sell you a heap of tat you don’t need. I’m ready for some content that isn’t being paid for! So over all these sellouts!
I think there are LOADS out there. They’re often around the 7- 20k followers mark, haven’t been gifted or asked to advertise anything, and don’t #brandrep 🙄 anything. But they’re hard to find because they get drowned out by anything over 35k plus followed that everyone goes after like sheep.

Reactions: 12
What I don’t understand is that some shop person who wants to flog whatever they have lots of sends a freebie to these people and in return they big it up to try and sell them. They are like barrow boys. But it’s just some random crap that someone wants to flog, that obviously won’t sell itself.

Why would people want this stuff in their house? Stuff some random shop person has chosen?

🤷🏻‍♀️
They can flog items on Ebay if they don’t want them.
Or give it to someone in need hopefully. Someone earlier said that Sasha Wilkins from Liberty London Girl sold gifted items on Ebay.

Reactions: 2
I don’t know if any one has checked out SDBHFlowers or Mutha Hood today but there is now a segment of them aligning themselves as “business women” who happen to have IG accounts to leverage their goods and support small/ women in biz... clever tactic- but they’ve already associated themselves with the drama 🙄 and again, when you stop and add up EVERYTHING someone like Mutha hood gets sent (and gets to keep or gift her own children with) it’s actually absurd...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
With FOD’s story last night, it’s not necessarily the content that jars, but the timing of it.

I don’t personally think Clemmie is/was racist to make the comments about CB but she was misguided to do so. It shows where her unconscious bias is and sadly (for her) it happened very publicly. It’s not terrible to have a homogeneous feed, if that’s your experience of life, but check your privilege once in a while eh SOD?

Reactions: 11
Was it ever discovered who was behind the Instagram page ‘the infuencer’ (or whatever it was called)? It was pretty bitchy about certain other instagrammers so I’d place a bet it was someone that has been mentioned recently.. 🤔

Reactions: 4
I've flounced off Mumsnet twice...people are so unkind and personal there now. For an evil trolling site full of hate it's much nicer here!
Yes it's full of people that just like to have a go at someone when there's no need. They'll go through your posting history just to be a dick. Full of deeply nasty people.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.