MOD & FOD #14 Who cares that my wife is going through hell; when there’s hair bands to lose and children to sell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nah, if FOD worked one day as a midwife and influenced the rest of the week while his kids were in full time childcare and he missed every bedtime and dinnertime to swan around at freebie lunches and dinners feeling self important and modelling tit clothes I’d think he was a complete dick too. I mean I do anyway, but he does his influencing around a full time job AND uses the kids so they are both being questioned on their choice to influence. And actually it is fair to question ‘influencing’ people as a career, male or female, and raise the fact that most do it to spend more time with their kids not less. Currently women are the higher earners in this area on Instagram (well there are more of them) but they are equally discussed here.
Love love love ☝🏻

they can influence all they like (who am I to judge) BUT when you become a preacher about “no screen time” “festivals with kids” when you’re a HUGE lying hypocrite it takes the piss!
I’ve been on Tattle a few months it’s interesting to see the penny drop for so many people...I was sucked in to start with but quickly realised it was all smoke and mirrors and fakery...the trouble with IG is because it’s filmed on a mobile and in someone’s home it’s so much more believable and easier to be influenced. An AD on the telly is obviously a glossy version of life...sadly we’ve been duped but the world is now waking up!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think both parents are as bad as each other, there seems to be quite a lot of anti MOD on here and rather too much parental praise for FOD, is this just turning into a repetition of his insta followers? To me the fact he is seemingly still happy to continue as FOD, albeit rather quietly for now, is just shocking.
I don’t think you’ve read the treads fully. Actually there’s quite a bit of support for MOD here, certainly more than among her so called mummy friends on IG

Reactions: 18
Someone is definitely deleting the ones Mod is following. Last look about an hour ago was 3011, shes unfollowed 39 .. so her account is active .

Shes still following CT...
It’s interesting to see who has gone. CT is out.

At present DLAM, Papa Puka (is that his name) and Steph are all remaining.

Reactions: 2
But which women are earning highest doing it and why? I don’t know her finances exactly but as has been pointed out, the G&A bank balance looks very healthy indeed. How does this compare to other influencers? How do followers compare?

Arguably MOD puts in the time and in return gets the rewards.

We can’t know because we can’t know what is included in the G&A finances exactly. I guess originally it was meant for things that would be, well, midwifery related but has become a vehicle for all their self employed income.
I was referring to articles where the general consensus is that woman are earning more as influencers on Instagram as a whole (in the mama/Hun sector) there simply are more women doing it. I’m no expert or have insider knowledge, and have the same views on anyone trying to influence people to earn a living regardless of gender.
With MOFODS I would actually imagine he gets the higher paying deals as he has almost double the followers. He also has a very well paid job. She can’t earn a huge amount as an NHS midwife on minimum hours and so her influence career, whilst lucrative can’t rival FODs although in a way it’s irrelevant as they are a brand and the earnings go into the same pot. Gas and Air.

Reactions: 5
Maybe I got it wrong but I interpreted her comment on his post (I’ve not seen much bleating/repetitive comments about missed bedtimes?) about the elaborate bedtime routine as her meaning she doesn’t know/do the routine he’s showing, and just puts them to bed without the content for the gram! Not that she isn’t there every bed time - I mean really what do I care 😂 but I do think a Mum missing more bedtimes than a Dad will get more flak, as this thread shows.
No she posted about always missing bedtimes. Her post, not a comment on his. And people will comment if she’s whinging about it but there’s no need for her to miss the bedtimes if she doesn’t want to!

Reactions: 8
No she posted about always missing bedtimes. Her post, not a comment on his. And people will comment if she’s whinging about it but there’s no need for her to miss the bedtimes if she doesn’t want to!
Thank god someone else witnessed this! I was beginning to question myself with the sudden debate. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Agreed, I don’t think Danielle Parry was stable enough for the amount of drama she caused herself, it was all quite sad to watch her ups and downs but apparently she is doing well now with twins too!
Also agreed. If she’s the one I’m thinking if she was vile with the things she said and the generalisations she made.

Personally I don’t see any problem with wanting to work in any way she can. I don’t think women should be shamed for having a career, regardless of whether that’s ‘influencing’, banking, midwifery or teaching. It’s always the woman who gets slated for the career, never the man.

Also finances are subjective. When do we say it’s ok for a mum to work and not OK for anothe mum to work? Is it when the family income is 50k, 100k, 200k. Also, we don’t know their situation in terms of mortgage and other debt. If she works more now while the work is there and earns loads, maybe she will chose to retire at 40 or 50 and be at home full time then.
It's not working. It's paid hedonism. Gimmie posted at how sad she felt rarely being able to put the twins to bed. So sad. But what's really sad is that the siren song of yet another freebie goodie bag/freebie dress/freebie hotel break/freebie hair cut was too irresistible for her. She missed the twins, but not enough. Clearly.

Her retiring early at 50 isn't going to benefit the twins in any emotional way, as they'll have left home by then.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hold my hands up, didn’t see it. Only thing I remembered was a comment on a video of FODs.

She's still following CT.

Shes unfollowed INPO though
Susie Verill is out by the looks of it as is PTWM.

DLAM is still there though.

I’m surprised her followers are still dropping as much after this long. She seems to have lost quite a few in the last 24hrs when things finally seemed to be settling in the press about her

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.