MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What she say?
She said ‘Awh okay no worries thank you’. I won’t hear from her again 😂 I never want to be nasty when I say no, but when they are so insistent and pretend to be your friend, I just don’t like it.

Reactions: 2
She said ‘Awh okay no worries thank you’. I won’t hear from her again 😂 I never want to be nasty when I say no, but when they are so insistent and pretend to be your friend, I just don’t like it.
Yea stick to your guns. She didnt have a comeback as she knows you are on to her lol

Reactions: 1
Whatever Beauty by BB is I’ve just been asked to join a Facebook group on it. Looks like a new skincare pyramid scheme

My ex sister in law got in at the start of one of these schemes and she made lots of money, the poor people who joined after made very little if any money. I don't know how she slept at night but she did.

My mil had very complex health needs and she tried to persuade her to stop her medication and just take the pills she sold at great expense, thankfully mil was a sensible woman and told her to sling her hook

My fb is full of people doing the fm stuff and trying to recruit people.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
My ex sister in law got in at the start of one of these schemes and she made lots of money, the poor people who joined after made very little if any money. I don't know how she slept at night but she did.

My mil had very complex health needs and she tried to persuade her to stop her medication and just take the pills she sold at great expense, thankfully mil was a sensible woman and told her to sling her hook

My fb is full of people doing the fm stuff and trying to recruit people.
Same here! Off the top of my head I can probably name 10+ people I know locally that are selling it.

Reactions: 3
My cousin started selling Valentus during Covid but she never named it on her IG for a while. What a load of shite. She studied nutrition too so she should know better.
I think thats what my fb friend sells. Its tagged as V on her posts though but its all weightloss drinks

I don't think they do. I said a few posts back that to me they all smell the same and nothing like the perfumes they are copying.
I can’t speak for FM but the Essens ones are spot on. They are made in the same place as the high end ones, just marketed differently.

Reactions: 1
I am getting very very tired of the FM huns posting about joining them now people have been furloughed abd are out of work. Jumping on the vulnerability of scared people who have potentially just lost a job with the promise of big money which they won’t get because they aren’t an up line with a huge following scamming money from the bottom of the pyramid!
Mrsgemshome and Four boys in a barn just to start with!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I am getting very very tired of the FM huns posting about joining them now people have been furloughed abd are out of work. Jumping on the vulnerability of scared people who have potentially just lost a job with the promise of big money which they won’t get because they aren’t an up line with a huge following scamming money from the bottom of the pyramid!
Mrsgemshome and Four boys in a barn just to start with!
This is my issue at the moment! There’s a few on my Facebook/Insta claiming it will solve all financial issues. Selling a couple of £15 perfumes isn’t going to solve anything!

Reactions: 8
This is my issue at the moment! There’s a few on my Facebook/Insta claiming it will solve all financial issues. Selling a couple of £15 perfumes isn’t going to solve anything!
especially at a time when people are mostly economising and not just buying non essential rubbish

• Heart
especially at a time when people are mostly economising and not just buying non essential rubbish
Exactly. I just hate the recruiting being done under the guise of helping people. Just be upfront. If you really want to help people right now, donate or volunteer at a food bank, help a vulnerable neighbour or something else that will actually help people in the long run!

Out of interest why is Hannah the worst? I don't know her, but know who she. She seems to have a very generic social media accounts, it just looks the same as every other NWM. Although she doesn't seem to over share her life like some do.

Katie Louise Hamer from Younique is someone I watch (she has nearly 50k on Insta, so presume it's OK to mention her), I did some research years ago for a friend about MLM and have followed her since. I don't even really know why I follow her anymore, think it's more to see what happens if it all goes tits up.

There's so many questions about her though, like what happened to the charity she set up and raised money for? Using her NWM status she set up a charity but I've seem comments saying that she never registered her charity and people have questioned where the money went. She also runs an illegal lotto/raffle on a Facebook page where she gives away prizes such as games consols, appliances etc, but again, where do the profits go as legally they have to go to charity. I'd never do MLM, but especially with her as she never seems to do things above board.
I'm surprised there isn't much tea around here on katie as I've seen questionable comments over the years on her socials, i always think there's more going on than meets the eye

So glad I found this thread, mlms have kind of become my obsession. Just wanted to share some of the stuff I really hate, this was the story on a home/interior design account with 15k followers. Don’t know how they sleep
That picture is just everything I hate about MLMs

I'm surprised there isn't much tea around here on katie as I've seen questionable comments over the years on her socials, i always think there's more going on than meets the eye
I've seen her mentioned in the Hinch thread at the time Sophie did her vision (beg) board. I think they only put her initials though, it was about Katie putting up an Amazon wish list so all her downline/followers could buy her presents for a baby shower. This was during the first lockdown when many were losing jobs, furloughed and struggling financially. She said the midwives told her to do it, however her and her partner have about 6 kids between them and she's apparently loaded. I'm sure the midwives didn't realise her financial situation when they suggested it. I've not seen much else besides what I mentioned before.

Reactions: 5
I've seen her mentioned in the Hinch thread at the time Sophie did her vision (beg) board. I think they only put her initials though, it was about Katie putting up an Amazon wish list so all her downline/followers could buy her presents for a baby shower. This was during the first lockdown when many were losing jobs, furloughed and struggling financially. She said the midwives told her to do it, however her and her partner have about 6 kids between them and she's apparently loaded. I'm sure the midwives didn't realise her financial situation when they suggested it. I've not seen much else besides what I mentioned before.
She once said her bank balance looked like a phone number 😯 so I'm guessing she's not short of a bob or two

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.