MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So we’ve all heard of and probably been given the sales talk from MLM’s but and I’ve always rolled my eyes as I know it’s all smoke and mirrors but some of the stuff I’m seeing on my social media now is really making me scratch my head and think how are they able to say what they say? Without it being illegal.

Today someone on my fb has registered their arm of an mlm with companies house....how can they do that?

Reactions: 10
No idea but it really stresses me out - there's a great documentary about them on iPlayer.
I think maybe because of how much money they are making? Because they are selling 'products' it makes it seem more legitimate.

I know people who have been (and are) really successful with it but also seen how much some people struggle. I can't believe there isn't more done about it though.

Reactions: 10
No idea but it really stresses me out - there's a great documentary about them on iPlayer.
I think maybe because of how much money they are making? Because they are selling 'products' it makes it seem more legitimate.

I know people who have been (and are) really successful with it but also seen how much some people struggle. I can't believe there isn't more done about it though.
It drives me up the wall. Since having a baby half my friends list has been sucked in. It’s all inspirational posts and talking about how everyone should sell these products. It’s so obvious that the real money is in your down line. I just feel it’s really icky how they’re so obviously using people for their own gain...often vulnerable people

Reactions: 32
Can't stand them. The pitch is always delivered in a tit sandwhich. Cheery greeting - sorry your dying - but if you sold/used/or supported my products life would be easier for you. duck offffr

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
This maybe a really stupid question but what is MLM's 🙈🙈
Younique, juice plus, essential oil huns. The people
You've not heard from in ages that want you to be "Boss Babe" and start your own business. But it's not your own business your just selling tit and picking on the vunerable.

Someone I know was selling NuSkin with one with the viral mud mask. She messaged asking if I wanted to buy some shampoo & I have no hair. I lost it all & I hasn't grew back. I wear wigs. But her shampoo can fix that 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Younique, juice plus, essential oil huns. The people
You've not heard from in ages that want you to be "Boss Babe" and start your own business. But it's not your own business your just selling tit and picking on the vunerable.

Someone I know was selling NuSkin with one with the viral mud mask. She messaged asking if I wanted to buy some shampoo & I have no hair. I lost it all & I hasn't grew back. I wear wigs. But her shampoo can fix that 😂😂
Oh my god! They are so tone deaf.

The one that’s been massive on my fb lately is FM World. At first it seems they do copy perfumes (hello market stall) but then suddenly they’re shilling cleaning products too! Probably the same bloody stuff in every bottle 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
They are relentless. The only sort of MLM I don't mind is Avon. Iv never been harassed by someone doing Avon 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Oh my god! They are so tone deaf.

The one that’s been massive on my fb lately is FM World. At first it seems they do copy perfumes (hello market stall) but then suddenly they’re shilling cleaning products too! Probably the same bloody stuff in every bottle 😂
Oh yes FM world seems to be about around me aswell. A girl I know/follow just did an Instagram story about why she started it and how she's making a fortune (4 figures at least and she's splitting the profits with a friend)
She had a big insta following so she was the one to promote it and get all the girls on their team which is why she's probably doing so well!
It makes me sad when people invest and think it will change their life but get caught short.

Reactions: 11
They are relentless. The only sort of MLM I don't mind is Avon. Iv never been harassed by someone doing Avon 😂
Yep, Avon is fine. I have a woman on my street that does it. She put a catalogue through my door once, knocked for it a few days later and when I said I didn’t want to order she said would I ever want to and I said no...never heard again. Which is actually disappointing as I’ve found I love the skin so soft spray for keeping mosquitoes away 🙈. Have to buy it on Amazon now as no idea what house this woman lives in

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh yes I agree, I love a bit of Avon. Everyone I know that does it aren't continually harassing you to join their 'team'. The profits aren't great compared to all the others.

I personally don't think Avon really is a MLM compared with some of the others.. or at least not a bad one lol?

Reactions: 7
Yeah that's how it works in my town people usually put on the Facebook group they do Avon if anyone wants a book to give her their house number. I think there's an online catalogue now though. My friend ended up in thousands worth of dept from Abronne buying her own stalk to meet sales. She gave it all away to us in the end and it was shite 😂

Reactions: 4
My friend has starting selling younique, she has changed so much! Spouting all this crap on fb about being your own boss and how the products are the best thing ever, no they aren't, they are over priced tat!
She's told to post 5 posts a day on her fb page to get interaction.
I've had to change my fb settings so I see less of her!

• Sad
Reactions: 29
I won a younique eyeshadow once and it just have been in colour transparent because nothing happened when it tried it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
When I had my son (seven years ago) I'd never really heard of it then I got asked to meet a lady who tried to get me to join one of those mlm. I said no straightaway, it sounded horrendous to me.... I don't see how it makes life easier i stayed in contact with the lady in question and she had to do so much work in order to make any sort of money.

Reactions: 7
So we’ve all heard of and probably been given the sales talk from MLM’s but and I’ve always rolled my eyes as I know it’s all smoke and mirrors but some of the stuff I’m seeing on my social media now is really making me scratch my head and think how are they able to say what they say? Without it being illegal.

Today someone on my fb has registered their arm of an mlm with companies house....how can they do that?
Because usually you are an independent representative of the MLM company. They are billing you for a product or service which you are supplying. I have done Avon for years which is a mlm but seems more acceptable than others, I have encounterer some horrible business and recruiting practices from other reps that make me cringe. I am always very open and honest when recruiting and will point out all the negatives too. If they still choose to proceed then I know they are usually willing to put a bit of effort in.

You can go out and blag and sign up loads of people but in the long run its unlikely they will earn anything themselves or generate any down line income for you from 99 .5% of them if you approach it that way.

I still to prefer to earn off my own sales , prefer to put the effort in myself than rely on other people been arsed enough to earn my income ! I can see my sales I go and calculate my commission instantly

Yep, Avon is fine. I have a woman on my street that does it. She put a catalogue through my door once, knocked for it a few days later and when I said I didn’t want to order she said would I ever want to and I said no...never heard again. Which is actually disappointing as I’ve found I love the skin so soft spray for keeping mosquitoes away 🙈. Have to buy it on Amazon now as no idea what house this woman lives in
Go on the Avon website enter your post code and it will give you contact details for your closest rep. They can then either drop you a book or send their e brochure link. 😁

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.