MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I spoke to girl on Instagram who said she wanted to visit Japan and saw that is been and wanted some tips and recommendations. Anyway, I thought it was nice to be able to talk about something I’m passionate about with someone....but after a week or so, I received the MLM talk. She’s an ‘independent travel consultant’. Does anyone know how they make money with this one as I’ve had a few messages regarding this particular MLM
The same thing happened to me earlier this year! A girl added me then messaged me saying “sorry I know it’s random but I saw on your photos you’ve been to Budapest, can you recommend any places to go?” I thought it was genuine so rattled off a couple of places. Then she came back with the same thing, saying how she could see I loved to travel and would I like to join her team to make money from it 🙄🙄

I actually know someone who does it, I think it’s just like a travel agent, they earn commission on bookings.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Hannah gallagher on Instagram shes the worst.. up high in valentus and i was very nearly drawn into her little scheme until she told me i needed to sell coffee and she still never even told me the name of the mlm... so glad i knew i could never sell coffee hahahahha hahaha
I seen today she posted saying that rebeccalouiseg (I think that’s her name) is doing well and has only been with her for 3 months but I’m sure she’s been in an MLM for way longer than that?

I used to follow them both probably over a year or so ago cause they posted nice pics etc then all the captions turned to the usual “I have so much time and flexibility, join my team” blah blah blah...

also does anyone have any stories about the Ketones sachets, I’m sure that’s an MLM but don’t have much info?

I seen today she posted saying that rebeccalouiseg (I think that’s her name) is doing well and has only been with her for 3 months but I’m sure she’s been in an MLM for way longer than that?

I used to follow them both probably over a year or so ago cause they posted nice pics etc then all the captions turned to the usual “I have so much time and flexibility, join my team” blah blah blah...

also does anyone have any stories about the Ketones sachets, I’m sure that’s an MLM but don’t have much info?
Ive seen people jumping from one to the next , from Nuskin to younique to everre or some eyelash thing. Its maybe good to make a quick buck but it obviously doesnt last forever . To me they are all big scams.

Reactions: 6
I spoke to girl on Instagram who said she wanted to visit Japan and saw that is been and wanted some tips and recommendations. Anyway, I thought it was nice to be able to talk about something I’m passionate about with someone....but after a week or so, I received the MLM talk. She’s an ‘independent travel consultant’. Does anyone know how they make money with this one as I’ve had a few messages regarding this particular MLM
Full disclosure here as I am in involved in MLM but purely as I do love the products and it’s just a wee bit pin money for me as I have a full time job I love and have no intention of ever doing it full time. A lot of us in MLM are purely in it to make some extra pennies for ourselves with no huge ambitions. I’m certainly not vulnerable, or have been manipulated to join my upline’s team or under any impression that I’m going to be driving around in a gold Bentley. MLM gets such a bad rep due to idiots who post such crass earnings and outlandish claims along with harassing their pals to “join their team”. Trust me when I say that it makes loads of MLM business owners cringe too. Yes, undoubtedly there will be some making amazing money but not many.

But the travel MLM is just the worst. I know loads of folk who have been sucked into this and trust me when I say it’s a sucker. You have to pay a monthly subscription fee to be involved in the business and do a crazy amount of sales/recruiting to make any money. Nobody should be paying anything to be involved in a business so that should be a real red flag. A girl I know dumped me in their information group (without asking I may add) and I was flabbergasted at what was expected. Needless to say it was a no from me. I can’t imagine any of them are making any money just now either....

Reactions: 1
Full disclosure here as I am in involved in MLM but purely as I do love the products and it’s just a wee bit pin money for me as I have a full time job I love and have no intention of ever doing it full time. A lot of us in MLM are purely in it to make some extra pennies for ourselves with no huge ambitions. I’m certainly not vulnerable, or have been manipulated to join my upline’s team or under any impression that I’m going to be driving around in a gold Bentley. MLM gets such a bad rep due to idiots who post such crass earnings and outlandish claims along with harassing their pals to “join their team”. Trust me when I say that it makes loads of MLM business owners cringe too. Yes, undoubtedly there will be some making amazing money but not many.

But the travel MLM is just the worst. I know loads of folk who have been sucked into this and trust me when I say it’s a sucker. You have to pay a monthly subscription fee to be involved in the business and do a crazy amount of sales/recruiting to make any money. Nobody should be paying anything to be involved in a business so that should be a real red flag. A girl I know dumped me in their information group (without asking I may add) and I was flabbergasted at what was expected. Needless to say it was a no from me. I can’t imagine any of them are making any money just now either....
100% not. Big travel firms going bust so these cowboys are getting their mates to sign up making money off that and zero commission on sales cos there are no sales.

This is what I assumed. I’ve been approached by 2 in the last week, including this one. I just feel like she lured me into a false sense of security and then hit me with it 😂 I genuinely don’t know why they are trying with it when no ones travelling? So how are they expecting people to believe they’re making any money?

Reactions: 3
This is what I assumed. I’ve been approached by 2 in the last week, including this one. I just feel like she lured me into a false sense of security and then hit me with it 😂 I genuinely don’t know why they are trying with it when no ones travelling? So how are they expecting people to believe they’re making any money?
Don’t get me wrong, I can see why they approached me as I love my holidays but their marketing plan is awful and paying to be involved in a business is just wrong. I think as well, girls I know who made a good commission with this initially got it all clawed back when covid hit so I’d definitely say avoid this company.

100% not. Big travel firms going bust so these cowboys are getting their mates to sign up making money off that and zero commission on sales cos there are no sales.
Yeah, and how can anyone with a conscious sign up their pals to a business like this where it’s going to cost you money to join? It beggars belief.

Reactions: 4
Hannah gallagher on Instagram shes the worst.. up high in valentus and i was very nearly drawn into her little scheme until she told me i needed to sell coffee and she still never even told me the name of the mlm... so glad i knew i could never sell coffee hahahahha hahaha
Out of interest why is Hannah the worst? I don't know her, but know who she. She seems to have a very generic social media accounts, it just looks the same as every other NWM. Although she doesn't seem to over share her life like some do.

Katie Louise Hamer from Younique is someone I watch (she has nearly 50k on Insta, so presume it's OK to mention her), I did some research years ago for a friend about MLM and have followed her since. I don't even really know why I follow her anymore, think it's more to see what happens if it all goes tits up.

There's so many questions about her though, like what happened to the charity she set up and raised money for? Using her NWM status she set up a charity but I've seem comments saying that she never registered her charity and people have questioned where the money went. She also runs an illegal lotto/raffle on a Facebook page where she gives away prizes such as games consols, appliances etc, but again, where do the profits go as legally they have to go to charity. I'd never do MLM, but especially with her as she never seems to do things above board.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Out of interest why is Hannah the worst? I don't know her, but know who she. She seems to have a very generic social media accounts, it just looks the same as every other NWM. Although she doesn't seem to over share her life like some do.

Katie Louise Hamer from Younique is someone I watch (she has nearly 50k on Insta, so presume it's OK to mention her), I did some research years ago for a friend about MLM and have followed her since. I don't even really know why I follow her anymore, think it's more to see what happens if it all goes tits up.

There's so many questions about her though, like what happened to the charity she set up and raised money for? Using her NWM status she set up a charity but I've seem comments saying that she never registered her charity and people have questioned where the money went. She also runs an illegal lotto/raffle on a Facebook page where she gives away prizes such as games consols, appliances etc, but again, where do the profits go as legally they have to go to charity. I'd never do MLM, but especially with her as she never seems to do things above board.
I just think anyone high up in an mlm knowing that people under them are loosing money so that they can make money makes them a crappy person. Also alot of valentus products are in fact banned in the uk due to the ingredients yet they still sell those products. One woman i know who was in this mlm had the £300 products stuck in uk customs as she did not know they were illegal so yeah horrible company

Reactions: 9
I just think anyone high up in an mlm knowing that people under them are loosing money so that they can make money makes them a crappy person. Also alot of valentus products are in fact banned in the uk due to the ingredients yet they still sell those products. One woman i know who was in this mlm had the £300 products stuck in uk customs as she did not know they were illegal so yeah horrible company
I did read that about Valentus, but I've also read that since then they have created a European formula without the illegal stimulants in. I know someone used the new coffee and it had no affect. I also tried their hot chocolate once and honestly it was the most disgusting hot chocolate ever, also I had that much energy even 12 hours later that it greatly concerned me what it ws doing to my body.

Also re Hannah Gallagher, I noticed that she she went abroad to 'work' during the second lockdown and has now booked to go abroad to 'work' despite being in tier 4. I thought NWMs declared you can work from anywhere on your phone, so surely that place should be home.

Reactions: 1
A girl on my Facebook has started flogging some weight loss coffee. It’s so dodgy, it doesn’t even say what it’s called and the ‘before and after’ photos look like they were taken on a potato. She has about 5 comments on every post saying how amazing it is and when you go on their profiles they all say ‘emerald leader’ or ‘diamond leader’ but not what of and they are from all over the country. And they don’t even mention coffee 🤣 it’s all so weird!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
A girl on my Facebook has started flogging some weight loss coffee. It’s so dodgy, it doesn’t even say what it’s called and the ‘before and after’ photos look like they were taken on a potato. She has about 5 comments on every post saying how amazing it is and when you go on their profiles they all say ‘emerald leader’ or ‘diamond leader’ but not what of and they are from all over the country. And they don’t even mention coffee 🤣 it’s all so weird!
the MLM woman I know is constantly promoting this 30 day detox which she seems to be doing almost constantly, surely if it was that good you wouldn't need to do it almost every month

Reactions: 7
the MLM woman I know is constantly promoting this 30 day detox which she seems to be doing almost constantly, surely if it was that good you wouldn't need to do it almost every month
Its gonna just be some form of laxative.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Standard MLM line from a friend the other night trying to get people to buy her products before the new year - “I only need to sell three more pairs of lashes to get a promotion and a pay rise so please buy a pair”...

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Standard MLM line from a friend the other night trying to get people to buy her products before the new year - “I only need to sell three more pairs of lashes to get a promotion and a pay rise so please buy a pair”...
It is so insane how MLM people market stuff, what other product would beg for what are basically donations?!

The ‘independent travel advisor’ got back in contact with me cos I never responded to her message trying to recruit me. I just told her I’m lucky enough to have a stable job and I don’t want to get involved in the travel industry during a pandemic when people are being advised not to travel. I just don’t understand why people think that would be a good ‘opportunity’.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Sounds like Valentus with the Emerald and Diamond leaders.

Reactions: 3
Sounds like Valentus with the Emerald and Diamond leaders.
Ah okay, I’m going to keep checking in. Noticed some pics emblazoned ‘Black diamond life’ on one of them but that could be reference to status. I feel sort of sorry for her because she’s clearly not going to make any money but she isn’t the sort of person you’d aspire to have the lifestyle of but is trying to act like she’s building a business 😬 I have never known her to work. Even the ones commenting on the posts who’s profiles make claims of earning six figures look rough as duck 😂 ok hun 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The ‘independent travel advisor’ got back in contact with me cos I never responded to her message trying to recruit me. I just told her I’m lucky enough to have a stable job and I don’t want to get involved in the travel industry during a pandemic when people are being advised not to travel. I just don’t understand why people think that would be a good ‘opportunity’.
What she say?

My cousin started selling Valentus during Covid but she never named it on her IG for a while. What a load of shite. She studied nutrition too so she should know better.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.