MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What makes me cringe really badly, is newly recruited people doing lives etc and they’re clearly very uncomfortable doing it and not natural at speaking to an audience (few people are) There’s a girl I know doing Tropic who I used to sit next to at Slimming World, she’s absolutely lovely but was nervous even speaking in group, in December she was doing a daily advent giveaway thing, I never watched the live in case it was just me 🤣 but it was painful to watch her trying to be all MLM hun-y cos I know how naturally shy she is.

Reactions: 3
What makes me cringe really badly, is newly recruited people doing lives etc and they’re clearly very uncomfortable doing it and not natural at speaking to an audience (few people are) There’s a girl I know doing Tropic who I used to sit next to at Slimming World, she’s absolutely lovely but was nervous even speaking in group, in December she was doing a daily advent giveaway thing, I never watched the live in case it was just me 🤣 but it was painful to watch her trying to be all MLM hun-y cos I know how naturally shy she is.
Totally agree. I think people are encouraged to do these kind of things but if you were to do it in an actual business, you’d have had years of ‘training’, whereas with an MLM you’re just thrown in right away.

Reactions: 2
and why is it that they all use "hun"?! I've also noticed they constantly say "I thought I'd just jump on here to..." as if they;re Kim Kardashian and everyone is waiting for their updates
Oh my god the girl I know is always doing 50 stories like ‘hi guys, hope you’re all ok...just thought I’d jump on’ like she’s some celeb?! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I grew up in the same place as Hannah, she just bought a shop in addition to her house and cars etc. Her parents are property developers and she grew up in a v nice house.
Her earnings are legit, I really wanted to believe that I could do the same but it requires this pouty social media presence, 'boss babe' 'lux lifestyle', OTT posts etc, plus I feel like you're just tricking people and only a few make it big.
I say good for her, as she is a nice person and obviously determined to fund her lifestyle. But it's a no to Valentus for me.

Reactions: 1
I grew up in the same place as Hannah, she just bought a shop in addition to her house and cars etc. Her parents are property developers and she grew up in a v nice house.
Her earnings are legit, I really wanted to believe that I could do the same but it requires this pouty social media presence, 'boss babe' 'lux lifestyle', OTT posts etc, plus I feel like you're just tricking people and only a few make it big.
I say good for her, as she is a nice person and obviously determined to fund her lifestyle. But it's a no to Valentus for me.
I think I have the business brain, but I couldn't push stimulant diet drinks on people, I feel it's unethical. I also couldn't do the posed, highly filtered, colour schemed posts either, it's just too contrived for me. It also takes so much time and effort to build your 'business' until you earn a decent residual income. You have to be relentless in recruiting especially if people drop out, you can easily lose rank. Hannah's now at that level where she can relax a bit, as she has so many in her team but I know people who want to achieve big and they must be shattered from all the late nights and early starts. It's not easy at all and it annoys me when some MLM reps try to sell it that you can achieve the car bonus by just working an hour a day, seriously not true.

Reactions: 8
Does/did anyone follow tayla blue and her sisters who were part of nu skin? And now they have this new business called begins with you. I'm unsure of what this begins with you business actually is and if it's just under the umbrella of nu skin. It's all v weird
I follow someone whose bio says she’s a ‘Director’ of a Ltd company. She says she’s part of Begins With You which upon further digging appears to be NuSkin. I’m assuming she’s a rep? Why the Ltd? I assumed it was all sole traders.

I recently joined fm simply to see what goes on in the WhatsApp chats and fb groups. What a crock of shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
How many people do these high levellers have in their teams? Hundreds, thousands?

I hope Nicola Willa can't get back in the country. So irresponsible. The resort looks completely empty. They're the only people stupid enough to go. Although there seemed to be another woman in their room yesterday.

How many people do these high levellers have in their teams? Hundreds, thousands?

I hope Nicola Willa can't get back in the country. So irresponsible. The resort looks completely empty. They're the only people stupid enough to go. Although there seemed to be another woman in their room yesterday.
I think it must be in the thousands tbh. Totally agree about that, hasn't the whole of South America been removed from the travel corridor now?

I follow someone whose bio says she’s a ‘Director’ of a Ltd company. She says she’s part of Begins With You which upon further digging appears to be NuSkin. I’m assuming she’s a rep? Why the Ltd? I assumed it was all sole traders.
It depends, they can either run their businesses by being a sole trader or register as a Ltd company. Most probably don't register at all and don't declare their earnings, some will be sole traders and the ones making a lot of money registering as a Ltd company (that way they pay coperation tax which is lower) . I know someone who's doing really well as they will be registering as a Ltd company soon.

Nicola Wills has possibly been reading here as she’s ‘clarified’ on her Instagram latest photo that they’re living a lifestyle in Mexico and working there, not on holiday. They’re in an all inclusive hotel though, or so she said the other day....

Nicola Wills has possibly been reading here as she’s ‘clarified’ on her Instagram latest photo that they’re living a lifestyle in Mexico and working there, not on holiday. They’re in an all inclusive hotel though, or so she said the other day....
I don't agree with NWMs going abroad at the moment to work, it's not necessary, but at least Hannah Gallagher has the sense to rent an apartment rather than stay in an AI holiday resort. Well at least that what she appears to have done.

I don't agree with NWMs going abroad at the moment to work, it's not necessary, but at least Hannah Gallagher has the sense to rent an apartment rather than stay in an AI holiday resort. Well at least that what she appears to have done.
I take that back HG is in a 'party' hotel that has DJs and offers half board.

• Wow
That wasn't me who posted on NW's IG. If it was I'd have mentioned the fact that we are in a lockdown and they're putting themselves, their kids and all other people they come into contact with at risk.

Working my arse. She did not need to travel to work. They can work from anywhere right? So stay home.

Reactions: 7
Give us the tea lol. Do they tell people to lie about the money they’re making?
Not that I have saw. I obv don't do any orders or recruitment cause i only wanted a snoop but basically the upline messages you like remember to use your incentives for your first order to get money off. And they post like recruitment tips and tricks basically telling you how to lure people in to joining etc. They send pictures for you to post on instagram etc with other peoples earning and bonus so it all looks good and people join. The down line makes hardly anything lol. You basically for example sell a customer a perfume for what they think is £16 but they actually only pay £12 and keep the £4 etc. Just made that up but you get what i mean haha.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.