MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lanni loves has just posted this to her story. It’s not even been sent to her 🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s from an email account called Honorata sent to another email called Honarata. Ffs how can people believe this FM bullshit 😆😆😆
It will have been sent to multiple people on BCC so the person sending it will have to send it to themselves. It's common when emailing multiple people but not being able to let them see who else you've sent it to

Reactions: 2
It will have been sent to multiple people on BCC so the person sending it will have to send it to themselves. It's common when emailing multiple people but not being able to let them see who else you've sent it to
Ohhhh I see.. I’m rubbish with emails etc 😂 I still call bullshit on the £450 though 🤣

Nicola Willa has just flown busines class to South America for a month. Hardly essential travel!

I do actually quite like watching Lucy Superfox. She's has some interesting perspectives on things but I'd never get sucked in.

• Angry
Nicola Willa has just flown busines class to South America for a month. Hardly essential travel!

I do actually quite like watching Lucy Superfox. She's has some interesting perspectives on things but I'd never get sucked in.
Hannah Gallagher flew to Dubai yesterday for 5 weeks. The thing I don't get is, I thought one of their selling points is you can work from home and keep earning money during these uncertain times, so why fly to another country in the middle of a pandemic? Especially as it's the worse it's ever been. They claim it's a business trip, we all know it's not, yes they may work on their phones but they're going to lay around a pool and enjoy the sun, it's a holiday. Hope they have good travel insurance.

Reactions: 5
Just had a complete stranger message me on IG trying to recruit me for ‘Nuskin’.
It was obviously an immediate no but even more so when they spell ‘you’re’ as ‘your’. They may teach you confidence and mindset training but they don’t teach you grammar do they ‘hun’ and yes I do mind you messaging me.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just had a complete stranger message me on IG trying to recruit me for ‘Nuskin’.
It was obviously an immediate no but even more so when they spell ‘you’re’ as ‘your’. They may teach you confidence and mindset training but they don’t teach you grammar do they ‘hun’ and yes I do mind you messaging me.
and why is it that they all use "hun"?! I've also noticed they constantly say "I thought I'd just jump on here to..." as if they;re Kim Kardashian and everyone is waiting for their updates

• Haha
Reactions: 12
OMG I just looked up HG on IG. Her latest post is insane. Over $1m a year?!
I know, it's crazy! I know a lot of people say the huns lie about their income and I definitely believe alot do, but she's genuinely pulling in that amount. I think that's commission only, she'll collect her own product profit.

The thing with these MLM high earners, you're not really in control of your business as you're just effectively a rep. So if their MLM businesses went bust tomorrow, their income would instantly be gone. So these top rankings NWMs in their big houses, with their big mortgages, they could easily lose it all.

Reactions: 3
I know, it's crazy! I know a lot of people say the huns lie about their income and I definitely believe alot do, but she's genuinely pulling in that amount. I think that's commission only, she'll collect her own product profit.

The thing with these MLM high earners, you're not really in control of your business as you're just effectively a rep. So if their MLM businesses went bust tomorrow, their income would instantly be gone. So these top rankings NWMs in their big houses, with their big mortgages, they could easily lose it all.
Agreed! I know girls who are making amazing earnings in MLM but have still kept their jobs as they know that a lot can happen in a short space of time so know that trends fall and it’s not worth putting all your eggs in one basket by purely relying on the business. I think it’s still conditioned into most of us that we need that reliable income.

Even if I was making the same in my MLM business as I do in my career, I’d never quit my job.

Does/did anyone follow tayla blue and her sisters who were part of nu skin? And now they have this new business called begins with you. I'm unsure of what this begins with you business actually is and if it's just under the umbrella of nu skin. It's all v weird

Reactions: 1
Does/did anyone follow tayla blue and her sisters who were part of nu skin? And now they have this new business called begins with you. I'm unsure of what this begins with you business actually is and if it's just under the umbrella of nu skin. It's all v weird
Appears to be Nuskin, it's just her account dedicated to her team/recruitment. She mentions 'Begins with You' and her 3.5 year journey with the company has done so much.

I have a lady on my Facebook who has done a couple of MLM’s in the time I have known her. She’s a stay at home mum and her husband works and she is really lovely, she’s not pushy with it at all but she does post about it a lot. She’s only been doing a certain one for the past couple of years, I don’t know how much she makes from it she never posts things like that but the other day she did a long video crying her eyes out because the company have decided to scrap the MLM side of the business.

She’s absolutely devastated as she did seem to genuinely enjoy it. But as other have mentioned here it can be taken away at any time, it’s not really your business. She said she was given absolutely no notice either. What I noticed was how she had an immediate stream of comments on her posts from other people doing MLM’s trying to sign her up, she asked people to stop messaging her as she was too upset to consider anything else but it looks like she’s now going back to the original one I knew her to do.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I’ve noticed on local Facebook seller sites recently a lot of ex MLM sellers trying to sell their old stock. In particular Body Shop At Home. I once went to a ‘training’ party for a new hun, the mother of one of my colleagues. She was actively encouraged to invest any commission she made back into her ‘business’ by buying little prizes and stuff for raffles and party games.
She’s since left them, but just thought it was an interesting experience to see behind the scenes as I’ve never really been a big supporter of MLMs

I’ve noticed on local Facebook seller sites recently a lot of ex MLM sellers trying to sell their old stock. In particular Body Shop At Home. I once went to a ‘training’ party for a new hun, the mother of one of my colleagues. She was actively encouraged to invest any commission she made back into her ‘business’ by buying little prizes and stuff for raffles and party games.
She’s since left them, but just thought it was an interesting experience to see behind the scenes as I’ve never really been a big supporter of MLMs
I've seen this too. I wondered if it was from buying excess stock to keep their rank or gain a promotion. People jumped all over the post I saw, the seller had about 40 items and I wondered how long she had owned them for because products go off. Or the other thought is, is it new stock but it's their way of getting away selling MLM items on Facebook, as most of these selling groups ban MLM adverts?

I've seen this too. I wondered if it was from buying excess stock to keep their rank or gain a promotion. People jumped all over the post I saw, the seller had about 40 items and I wondered how long she had owned them for because products go off. Or the other thought is, is it new stock but it's their way of getting away selling MLM items on Facebook, as most of these selling groups ban MLM adverts?
I have a lady on my Facebook who has done a couple of MLM’s in the time I have known her. She’s a stay at home mum and her husband works and she is really lovely, she’s not pushy with it at all but she does post about it a lot. She’s only been doing a certain one for the past couple of years, I don’t know how much she makes from it she never posts things like that but the other day she did a long video crying her eyes out because the company have decided to scrap the MLM side of the business.

She’s absolutely devastated as she did seem to genuinely enjoy it. But as other have mentioned here it can be taken away at any time, it’s not really your business. She said she was given absolutely no notice either. What I noticed was how she had an immediate stream of comments on her posts from other people doing MLM’s trying to sign her up, she asked people to stop messaging her as she was too upset to consider anything else but it looks like she’s now going back to the original one I knew her to do.
That’s exactly what’s happened here. I seen this in my previous MLM business. It’s shocking that people feel they need to do that. So unethical. If you’re having to buy excess stock to hit a certain promotion then I think that tells you all you need to know about that

Absolute vultures. Do they not realise that this approach is just the absolute worst and would instantly put people off. Poor girl.

That’s exactly what’s happened here. I seen this in my previous MLM business. It’s shocking that people feel they need to do that. So unethical. If you’re having to buy excess stock to hit a certain promotion then I think that tells you all you need to know about that

Reactions: 3
The freebies from The Body Shop at Home can be quite generous if you do reasonably well so there's definitely potential to end up with lots of stuff in the house. In theory you should use it for your business, doing samples/demos/parties etc but obviously that's all stopped now, so there's going to be quite a lot of people trying to turn the stock into cash. Unopened products will be fine for quite a few years.

I came on here to say the same thing about Nicola Wills. She flew out of the UK during a lockdown and is making no secret of the fact that she’s on holiday and not working. Clearly she thinks that the rules don’t apply to her.

I came on here to say the same thing about Nicola Wills. She flew out of the UK during a lockdown and is making no secret of the fact that she’s on holiday and not working. Clearly she thinks that the rules don’t apply to her.
Do we know where in South America she's gone? There's a new Covid variant over there. She also needs reporting to the UK Police for going on holiday. Someone's reported Sam Faiers for going to the Maldives in tier 4!

Do we know where in South America she's gone? There's a new Covid variant over there. She also needs reporting to the UK Police for going on holiday. Someone's reported Sam Faiers for going to the Maldives in tier 4!
She’s in Cancun I believe

Yes I follow her after she was mentioned here, she seems likeable but it’s just a clever recruitment tactic, covering up the MLM to make it look less MLM. They make it look like it’s a team of women who empower each other when really it’s just all of her down lines and their down lines and so on. They were “recruiting” yesterday, they really dressed it up as this life changing opportunity that doesn’t come around often, but what they don’t tell you is they are always recruiting..again a clever tactic to entice people in. I am seeing an increase in people joining these schemes through the covid pandemic and I feel for the ones at the bottom, they won’t make anything and are just lining the pockets of those at the top.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.