Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s a bit creepy! I live in Sussex, and haven’t heard about any of these. West Wittering is my favourite beach! Too coincidental to not be linked, surely?
That’s what I thought! Maybe it’s being made into a bigger story than it is because if the whole Corrie Mckeague situation, which I believe was in Sussex? people will always wonder if the remains are his without solid proof of what happened

Reactions: 1
Can’t stop thinking about these stories. Read the 2nd and 3rd parts.
I’ve just finished reading these. 😳 I made the mistake and started reading them before bed. What a mistake. Once I started reading them I could not stop. The stories with the stairs will not be forgotten.

Reactions: 4
I was about the same age as Andrew gosden and I remember seeing it on TV when it happened. Such a mystery and how somebody can vanish in a city like London is mad. Unless something was going on at home we are unaware of, I think he would have been coming back surely. I think he's unlikely to be alive, but hopefully he is and one day we will know. The thought of his family and friends never finding out is awful.

Madeleine mccann. There is more to this story than what is put in the media I think. You can read into it. Whatever people think happen to her, and however much some blame the parents, and get fed up of all the attention she has had over others, people forget about that little 3 year old it happened to. I think she'd be 18 this year? It's so sad, I hope we do find out, but I don't think we will. Everyone still thinks and probably looks for that toddler, not an adult. If she were alive I doubt she'd even know who she is now.

Corrie mckeague. I know they say they have determined he got in the bin lorry, but it doesn't seem 100%. They had a lot of pressure, didn't seem to get anywhere, and although they may think this, they can't be certain for sure, and they had no other leads so I guess it kind of suits to go with that theory too.

The delphi murders. Unbelievable there can be audio and a picture and still nobody has been arrested. I read they can't give out details of the murders as its something unusual only the murderer would know and could compromise it all if they release details or something?

Missing cases fascinate me but in a bad way. Just how somebody can drop off the face of the earth, especially these days. The not knowing would be far far worse than anything.

Reactions: 6
I was about the same age as Andrew gosden and I remember seeing it on TV when it happened. Such a mystery and how somebody can vanish in a city like London is mad. Unless something was going on at home we are unaware of, I think he would have been coming back surely. I think he's unlikely to be alive, but hopefully he is and one day we will know. The thought of his family and friends never finding out is awful.

Madeleine mccann. There is more to this story than what is put in the media I think. You can read into it. Whatever people think happen to her, and however much some blame the parents, and get fed up of all the attention she has had over others, people forget about that little 3 year old it happened to. I think she'd be 18 this year? It's so sad, I hope we do find out, but I don't think we will. Everyone still thinks and probably looks for that toddler, not an adult. If she were alive I doubt she'd even know who she is now.

Corrie mckeague. I know they say they have determined he got in the bin lorry, but it doesn't seem 100%. They had a lot of pressure, didn't seem to get anywhere, and although they may think this, they can't be certain for sure, and they had no other leads so I guess it kind of suits to go with that theory too.

The delphi murders. Unbelievable there can be audio and a picture and still nobody has been arrested. I read they can't give out details of the murders as its something unusual only the murderer would know and could compromise it all if they release details or something?

Missing cases fascinate me but in a bad way. Just how somebody can drop off the face of the earth, especially these days. The not knowing would be far far worse than anything.
I agree. During lockdown 1 I read every post here and googled each one, down rabbit holes etc. Without sounding dramatic, it took it right out of me. I just don’t get how people can vanish. ESP children. 😢

Reactions: 7
The Charlene Downes case is very interesting. She went missing in 2003 in Blackpool. It was thought local take away owners were responsible but further digging has found she was being abused by family members for many years and pimped by her parents. She was failed by all agencies - and does seem there’s a cover up

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I'm from South Wales too and remember this so well. I watched that documentary and I've listened to a podcast on it recently and I also believe 100% that the man convicted is innocent - the whole investigation screams cover up.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread before but the Clydach murders is a something that I will never forget. Growing up in South Wales it was a massive and devastating story which still holds a great deal of attention. A man has been convicted and served 20 years in prison already but has always proclaimed his innocence and has a large following who support him. There was a bbc documentary made recently which highlights the discrepancies in the evidence presented at court and in the last few days the case has been in the news again as there is going to be an independent review of the evidence. I personally think that he is innocent and it is a police cover up, the other suspects in the case were high ranking police officers and there was an intelligence to the way in which the murderer attempted to conceal dna evidence amongst other reasons.
A very sad case all around.

Reactions: 3
I'm from South Wales too and remember this so well. I watched that documentary and I've listened to a podcast on it recently and I also believe 100% that the man convicted is innocent - the whole investigation screams cover up.
Agreed definitely a cover up. I remember hearing around the time that it happened that the lengths that were taken to try and hide forensic evidence most people wouldn't think of where as some one who knew what forensics would look for would know what to do. Scrubbing beneath the nails of the bodies was one example. It was a horrific crime but also very sad if he is truly innocent.

That’s what I thought! Maybe it’s being made into a bigger story than it is because if the whole Corrie Mckeague situation, which I believe was in Sussex? people will always wonder if the remains are his without solid proof of what happened
Corrie mckeague went missing in suffolk

8 years ago, just after Christmas, a local man called Kyle Vaughan went missing at the age of 24. His car was found crashed on the side of a road, not in a bad enough state to have caused serious injury. He hasn't been seen since. He wasn't inside the car, an extensive search was done of the local area, and nothing found. His mum died not knowing where her son was, just awful. Very baffling to me how he has never been found.

Reactions: 8
Claudia Lawrence is one I think about often. Her parents always do interviews with the media on the anniversary she disappeared, trying to keep an interest in the case. But I think the police have zero leads.

If you are interested, here is a documentary about the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence:

Reactions: 5
Bryce Laspisa is one I've been puzzling over for years. The lad went missing, supposedly on his way home from college to see his parents, he spent 8 hours in some hicksville town in the middle of nowhere, he was seen and spoken to by police and a petrol station attendant. His car was found crashed, with his stuff in it, but no sign of him. The two main theories are that he was thrown from the car and his body is hidden somewhere or that he planned to disappear. The case is just so weird.

This is a good write up and there's quite a bit on Reddit too. He was into drugs apparently.

• Heart
  • Sad
Bryce Laspisa is one I've been puzzling over for years. The lad went missing, supposedly on his way home from college to see his parents, he spent 8 hours in some hicksville town in the middle of nowhere, he was seen and spoken to by police and a petrol station attendant. His car was found crashed, with his stuff in it, but no sign of him. The two main theories are that he was thrown from the car and his body is hidden somewhere or that he planned to disappear. The case is just so weird.

This is a good write up and there's quite a bit on Reddit too. He was into drugs apparently.
Bryce Laspisa is one that really intrigues me too. This is worth a watch:

The Charlene Downes case is very interesting. She went missing in 2003 in Blackpool. It was thought local take away owners were responsible but further digging has found she was being abused by family members for many years and pimped by her parents. She was failed by all agencies - and does seem there’s a cover up
Wasn’t she alleged to have been made into kebab meat? And the police didn’t properly investigate because they were worried about coming across racist as a lot of the potential suspects were Asian?

Wasn’t she alleged to have been made into kebab meat? And the police didn’t properly investigate because they were worried about coming across racist as a lot of the potential suspects were Asian?
I don't think that the police were scared of coming across as racist. They just made grave errors during the investigation which made the trial of the men charged collapse. A lot the suspects were Asian, it is alleged that restaurants (mostly run by Asians) were grooming numerous underage girls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Charlene_Downes#Murder_trial

Very sad, feel for her family.

• Sad
I’ve just finished reading these. 😳 I made the mistake and started reading them before bed. What a mistake. Once I started reading them I could not stop. The stories with the stairs will not be forgotten.
I read these a couple of years ago. They are good stories, but I they are known to be creepypasta! I think the author was going to write a book at one stage, not sure if that ever came about!

Reactions: 2
I don't think that the police were scared of coming across as racist. They just made grave errors during the investigation which made the trial of the men charged collapse. A lot the suspects were Asian, it is alleged that restaurants (mostly run by Asians) were grooming numerous underage girls.

There's evidence that her family weren't altogether innocent- having known paedos to stay with them, encouraging Charlene to sit on laps and be generally flirty. Poor girl never had a chance

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Haven’t read the previous thread or posts so apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

Mateusz Lugowski - missing for just over a year from Wakefield, my home city. He was last seen near the River Calder at Chantry Bridge but there was nothing found when dogs and divers searched. It’s not an area where a teenager would normally be, especially not alone.

• Sad

That Wikipedia page though quotes a former detective who states that the police inquiry into child exploitation had been hampered by political correctness because the victims were white and the perpetrators were Asians. Sadly I think this is a massive issue and girls like Charlene have fallen through the cracks. Combined with police errors I doubt we’ll ever know what happened to her.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.