Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continuation of the first thread.

Are there any particular missing peoples or murder cases that you keep an eye on and hope to be solved in your lifetime?

Reactions: 4
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Gareth Williams case? It’s dubbed “The Spy in a bag murder” and there’s a lot of talk of Russian spies. I vaguely remembered it but listened to the case on “They walk among us” podcast today and it fascinated me so I’ve been doing some reading on it this evening

Reactions: 28
No, that all seems reasonable — who amongst us hasn’t asphyxiated themselves folding themselves up and zipping themselves from a folded position into a hold-all bag? 😁

Agree, all very strange, but the fact that the above was given as a reason and we were all supposed to just accept it is just as bizarre. Would love to know the background...

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I travelled into Manchester yesterday to register our baby's birth ... found it sad & upsetting seeing Andrew Gosden and Lee Boxell's photos on the missing children posters at the tram stops. As the mother of 3 children, 2 of which are boys, I find this so upsetting. I hope their families find peace one day. I find both cases baffling. How can there be no evidence at all as to where they are?

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Can anyone recommend some good podcasts? I listen to crime junkies and they walk amongst us already. Interested in UK ones.

Reactions: 7
No idea how to quote but in response to Emsie asking about UK podcasts; The Storyteller: Murder Most Foul is fantastic. Focuses on a murder in Aberdeen in the 90s. Might be difficult on the ears to non Scots but very well done!

• Heart
No idea how to quote but in response to Emsie asking about UK podcasts; The Storyteller: Murder Most Foul is fantastic. Focuses on a murder in Aberdeen in the 90s. Might be difficult on the ears to non Scots but very well done!
I second that. Really enjoyed it but I agree about some of it being hard to understand.

Reactions: 1
I read an article in the DM just now about the disappearance of Jessie Earl. She vanished and her body was later found on scrubland about Beachy Head - her hands had been tied together using her bra, and her personal effects had been taken. Initially her death was marked as open by the Coroner, but her parents have fought to have this changed to murder. So far, nobody has been convicted of her murder ☹

Death of Jessie Earl

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Seeing Red are great,

RedHanded are fab once you get through the very silly chitchat at the start . One of them evidently never swears but inserts "bleeping" into virtually every sentence which sounds silly and unnatural. At least with Seeing Red you know it's natural with them and not fake.

The True Crime Enthusiast is also a good UK one as is UK True Crime although that's generally less than 30 mins an episode.

Real Crime Profile is excellent and has Laura Richards as one of the hosts they deep dive into cases and their series on Madeleine McCann is fabulous.m

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Lee Boxall. 15 year old boy disappeared in 1988. The case also fascinated me because it was in my home town of Sutton. He met a friend in town and then disappeared. His poor parents have kept his bedroom the same. The not knowing must be excruciating.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Lee Boxall. 15 year old boy disappeared in 1988. The case also fascinated me because it was in my home town of Sutton. He met a friend in town and then disappeared. His poor parents have kept his bedroom the same. The not knowing must be excruciating.
Oh gosh that is incredibly sad for the family 😢

Has anyone seen the doc on the Watts murders on Netflix? That poor, poor family. It's absolutely heartbreaking seeing video clips of those innocent little girls. Chris Watts is pure evil.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
Has anyone seen the doc on the Watts murders on Netflix? That poor, poor family. It's absolutely heartbreaking seeing video clips of those innocent little girls. Chris Watts is pure evil.
I watched it last night. Horrific. Those poor babies.

• Sad
Oh gosh that is incredibly sad for the family 😢
Murdered for knowing, and witnessing, too much from what I’ve read..

The disappearance of Martin Allen is another I don’t think will ever be solved unfortunately.
The suspect sketch with him looks either like that MP or the father of a famous 80s pop star who is in jail for offences..

C3CA885D-AC5B-43D8-975A-E26AA67834E2.jpeg
8173D26C-1683-4F7F-80A3-7D05FAD44377.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Frightening. How he could lie so easily. A flip switched. Those poor babies. I read his confession letter and the details 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Oh my goodness I just watched this and those last 10 mins, I’m sat here in tears. I knew the story but hearing it first hand broke my heart. Utter evil to do that. No other words. I hope he lives a nasty life in prison.

This sounds horrible but not many stories usually upset me. Of course I think they’re utterly disgusting and heartbreaking, but wow I was in tears at it! They documented it so well

• Sad
I watched it 2 days ago after knowing a little about the case. It was heartbreaking. It reminded me so much of the Laci Peterson case especially the cheating narcissistic husband and their deluded families.

Reactions: 6
Just watched the Watts documentary. My heart broke at that last part 😭 That poor little girl knowing what her Dad was doing and seemingly about to do, and saying no Daddy. The wife thing (although, my goodness I am in no way of excusing it) happens so much, men and sometimes women lose their temper and make these snap, horrendous and fatal decisions but to squeeze the life out of his own tiny, precious, defenceless and innocent babies (not that his wife wasn’t innocent etc) 😢😢😢😢 it’s really upset me 💔 I saw an article about the mistress, apparent she googled can police trace your calls and texts and it was insinuating that she knew a lot more than she let on 😟

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.