Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
r/nosleep is all fiction so the forest search and rescue stuff isn't true. It even says so in the subreddit description. Sorry to be a buzz kill!

Reactions: 5
r/nosleep is all fiction so the forest search and rescue stuff isn't true. It even says so in the subreddit description. Sorry to be a buzz kill!
I realised this after reading it all and was so disappointed 😅 The stories within the comments were interesting at times too but is it right that they’re untrue as well and people just play along?

Reactions: 3
That Wikipedia page though quotes a former detective who states that the police inquiry into child exploitation had been hampered by political correctness because the victims were white and the perpetrators were Asians. Sadly I think this is a massive issue and girls like Charlene have fallen through the cracks. Combined with police errors I doubt we’ll ever know what happened to her.
Hello, I was talking about political correctness effecting the murder investigation of Charlene. It was incompetence and not political correctness that led to poor policing and the trial collapsing.

I did read the former detectives remark. And he was talking more generally of how political correctness was making it harder to investigate grooming gangs. He was not talking about it playing a role in the actual murder investigation itself. The police had no issues going after the suspects to the point they made some serious mistakes to obtain evidence.

I do agree with you that this is a massive issue and there is a problem of grooming gangs and many girls have been failed.

Reactions: 5
William Tyrell.....he was only 3 or 4 at the time and just dissapeared without a trace from the front of (foster) Grandmas house.
This is one which really got to me as I hadn’t long had a baby boy when William went missing. There was some strange stuff regarding his birth parents and certain things not being disclosed because he was in care. It’s heartbreaking.

• Sad
Hello, I was talking about political correctness effecting the murder investigation of Charlene. It was incompetence and not political correctness that led to poor policing and the trial collapsing.

I did read the former detectives remark. And he was talking more generally of how political correctness was making it harder to investigate grooming gangs. He was not talking about it playing a role in the actual murder investigation itself. The police had no issues going after the suspects to the point they made some serious mistakes to obtain evidence.

I do agree with you that this is a massive issue and there is a problem of grooming gangs and many girls have been failed.
My apologies, I read it wrong. Went back and you’re absolutely right, the detective was speaking generally. Do you think it’s a case of them knowing who has done it but because they totally bungled the case, no one will ever face justice.

Reactions: 1
This is one which really got to me as I hadn’t long had a baby boy when William went missing. There was some strange stuff regarding his birth parents and certain things not being disclosed because he was in care. It’s heartbreaking.
Just read about this and its awful. So sad. Mental that he wasnt found with helicopters and dogs instantly there to look. So sad. So scary.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I don't think that the police were scared of coming across as racist. They just made grave errors during the investigation which made the trial of the men charged collapse. A lot the suspects were Asian, it is alleged that restaurants (mostly run by Asians) were grooming numerous underage girls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Charlene_Downes#Murder_trial

Very sad, feel for her family.
Sad for her family? Her parents allowed convicted sex offenders to stay at the home. They pimped her out! Many reports were made to social services but she was left with those awful parents.

Reactions: 6
Anyone know anything about the Delphi murders?? Why so hush hush? Have their parents ever spoken about it etc? Also didn’t someone say something about a psychic saying the man would be caught soon?
Also this has probably been mentioned but was there ever any developments with that guy who went sprinting out the airport? Never to be seen again....

Sad for her family? Her parents allowed convicted sex offenders to stay at the home. They pimped her out! Many reports were made to social services but she was left with those awful parents.
After I posted that message another commenter pointed out that the family were terrible. After reading up on it:
In the specific case of Charlene Downes, it was later revealed that the Downes family had been known to child protection agencies in Coventry and Walsall, before moving to Blackpool, who cited "continued child protection concerns." A convicted pedophile, Ray Munro—who Charlene's father had met while drinking—was living with the family at the time of Charlene’s disappearance.
It's a sad state of affairs when the people who should have protected her, put her in harm's way. Terrible parents.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
After I posted that message another commenter pointed out that the family were terrible. After reading up on it:

It's a sad state of affairs when the people who should have protected her, put her in harm's way. Terrible parents.
Absolutely. She was pretty much let down by everyone. So so sad. And whoever killed her is still free

The channel 5 documentary was very interesting. It can be found on YouTube

• Sad
Claudia Lawrence’s dad has passed away. So sad, especially when he still has no idea where his daughter is.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Claudia Lawrence’s dad has passed away. So sad, especially when he still has no idea where his daughter is.
I work by the solicitors Peter ran; until he retired I would see him around daily/weekly - I have such respect and admiration for the man, he always came across as a very gentle and kind soul. His work for Claudia's Law and Missing Person's charities is admirable and his OBE well deserved.

RIP Peter, I hope you're with Claudia now.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Just read about this and its awful. So sad. Mental that he wasnt found with helicopters and dogs instantly there to look. So sad. So scary.
It really is, I can’t quite get my head around any of it. They said the area behind the grandmother’s house was bushland so it was hard to search properly but surely if he had gone there something would’ve been picked up. I’m convinced he was taken but if so it’s so strange there was no trace, no leads, nothing.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.