Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The podcast got so many things wrong about Bernadette's case & there were a lot of inaccuracies. Unfortunately we can't get them to amend these details. We're happy the case is getting some traction but disappointed at the way she was portrayed.

Also, that voicemail isn't really Bernadette, it was dramatised.
That's interesting - it didn't sound like the real original voice mail but they didn't say it was dramatised..I really hope you get to the truth xx

They also missed a few big things from the Andrew Gosden case

Last edited:
Oh, for those who like murder mystery etc, I found Bailey Sarian's channel interesting with her Mystery and Makeup Monday series: https://www.youtube.com/user/makeupbyBAILEYSARIAN

She mostly covers real life serial killer cases, although there are a few that are unsolved. I listen to it when I am out on a walk. I'm probably late to the party with her, as I only discovered her this week!

Reactions: 5
Just having a look at this and a male skull has washed up on the Isle of Wight. I'm sure it's already been checked, but it immediately made me think of Damien Nettles who went missing there in 1996.
I may be wrong but I think they do check any remains against the existing DNA records they hold, but of course nothing is 100% foolproof, which is always a worry

Reactions: 3
Do people not believe that Ruby Guede is solely responsible for the crime? I am watching the documentary now
No, there are still a quite a number of people who believe that Knox and Sollecito were also involved. Which if you look at the actual forensic evidence is ridiculous. As is the suggestion that two people who had known each other for just a week could commit a 'folie à deux' crime in that way. It takes a long time to develop that type of relationship.

A lot of the suspicion was generated by the absolute ineptitude of the initial investigation. The problem is, once something like that is suggested, it's very hard for the people to forget it, so it remains 'no smoke without fire'.

The way the media reported it at the time was extremely inflammatory as well. The use of nicknames like 'Foxy Knoxy' don't inspire sympathy. There's often a lot of discussion about how women are treated compared to men in the criminal justice system, in terms of leniency of sentencing for instance. However, that often completely dismisses the fact that media reporting of female criminals, particularly those who commit/are suspected of committing 'unpalatable' crimes, is often extremely unsympathetic. Certainly more so that their male counterparts.

I could go on and on, sorry! It's a subject I'm quite passionate about!

Reactions: 8
Not sure if anyone has posted it, but this police site has photos of items/clothing etc found with unidentified bodies in hope of identifying them. Always makes me so sad to look at, bodies from 30,40 years ago still unclaimed and without a name :(

One of the cases in this 3rd one in has now been solved and someone has been arrested.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
the andrew gosden case has always chilled and intrigued me. i always see his face on posters by the shops. it’s just mind blowing how someone can vanish without a trace and in a huge city. evidence points towards him intending on coming home but other evidence points towards him potentially not planning to... i always wonder if the police had only looked at the city cctv sooner and not 3/ 4 weeks later by which time it had been deleted, and if his school had not misdialled so he would have been discovered missing immediately and not at dinner time, he would have been so much more likely to be found which is just heartbreaking. can you imagine being one of those people who saw him on the train that day playing his psp. thr recent development about the ‘andy roo’ person which was a name only his family gave him is very intriguing i really hope they find out who the person is and can trace the location. the last cctv clips of him walking in the station have always disturbed me... it really looks like he’s looking around for someone.

out of curiosity, what are peoples guesses on what happened to the poor boy?

theres so many more cases that intrigue me and i always think about but particularly ben needham and the delphi murders

EDIT sorry i’m new to this thread so apologies if you already know about this, but i cannot recommend more that you guys read the “i’m a search and rescue officer for the us forest service” threads on reddit. they are absolutely chilling and so interesting, i read all of them in one sitting. they are about missing people and just generally disturbing, inexplicable mysterious things that happen in the wilderness in true accounts. modern looking stairways in the middle of nowhere, children disappearing then turning up weeks later, people going missing then their bodies being found in the most inexplicable places and circumstances... honestly please read them please please do!

The Claudia Lawrence case has always stayed with me 😞

Years ago, a young girl from my home town was murdered by a taxi driver. It was later discovered that he had murdered another young girl years earlier. The officer in charge always believed that the man who killed them ‘Christopher Halliwell’ was a serial killer and had many more victims.
This was further supported by the discovery of more than 60 items of women’s clothing (only two items have ever been identified as belonging to those of the two girls they know about).

Christopher Halliwell worked up north for several years and his father lived an hour from where Claudia Lawrence was last seen. They also have a witness that saw Claudia speaking to someone matching Halliwell’s description. Perhaps the strangest coincidence is that Claudia and one of Halliwell’s other victims both went missing on the same date (different years) This date is significant as it was the same date that Halliwell’s relationship ended years earlier.

I guess we may never know the truth, but I found it an interesting read.

swindon? im here too! insane fact- my grandma got into Halliwell‘s taxi before he was convicted of the murders. (she’s very young for her age so could have been a prime target) but thank god my grandad was with her too. he kept glancing at her through the rear view mirror and she was absolutely terrified and very weirded out. the most eerie thing is that my grandma could not shake the feeling that there was something very wrong and dangerous and she said that had my grandad not have been there, the voice telling her something was wrong would have stopped her from getting into his taxi. thank god my grandad was with her, otherwise she could have been another one of his victims.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Someone on Reddit looked through Flickr of pictures of the day Andrew went missing in London, and found a photo of what looks like Andrew with an old man. I'll post the link in a spoiler tag:

I'm usually skeptical of Andrew lookalikes appearing, but that does look like him I reckon.

I'd love to find out what happened to him! I feel so sad when I see pictures of him.
I definitely think he intended to return home. Bless him.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Someone on Reddit looked through Flickr of pictures of the day Andrew went missing in London, and found a photo of what looks like Andrew with an old man. I'll post the link in a spoiler tag:

I'm usually skeptical of Andrew lookalikes appearing, but that does look like him I reckon.

I'd love to find out what happened to him! I feel so sad when I see pictures of him.
Wow it does look like him... So odd

that’s chilling... i’ve seen a picture taken from a concert of a guy that looked just like him but i’m pretty sure it was confirmed to not be him. gosh... that really does look like it could be him. i wonder if his parents or authorities have seen that photo!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Hi, I'm new to this thread.

I am very interested in unsolved crimes as well as missing people and Jane and John Doe's.

My profile picture is of Clifton Bridge John Doe, he wasn't murdered but I hope he gets his name back so someone somewhere gets answers.

the andrew gosden case has always chilled and intrigued me. i always see his face on posters by the shops. it’s just mind blowing how someone can vanish without a trace and in a huge city. evidence points towards him intending on coming home but other evidence points towards him potentially not planning to... i always wonder if the police had only looked at the city cctv sooner and not 3/ 4 weeks later by which time it had been deleted, and if his school had not misdialled so he would have been discovered missing immediately and not at dinner time, he would have been so much more likely to be found which is just heartbreaking. can you imagine being one of those people who saw him on the train that day playing his psp. thr recent development about the ‘andy roo’ person which was a name only his family gave him is very intriguing i really hope they find out who the person is and can trace the location. the last cctv clips of him walking in the station have always disturbed me... it really looks like he’s looking around for someone.

theres so many more cases that intrigue me and i always think about but particularly ben needham and the delphi murders

EDIT sorry i’m new to this thread so apologies if you already know about this, but i cannot recommend more that you guys read the “i’m a search and rescue officer for the us forest service” threads on reddit. they are absolutely chilling and so interesting, i read all of them in one sitting. they are about missing people and just generally disturbing, inexplicable mysterious things that happen in the wilderness in true accounts. modern looking stairways in the middle of nowhere, children disappearing then turning up weeks later, people going missing then their bodies being found in the most inexplicable places and circumstances... honestly please read them please please do!

swindon? im here too! insane fact- my grandma got into Halliwell‘s taxi before he was convicted of the murders. (she’s very young for her age so could have been a prime target) but thank god my grandad was with her too. he kept glancing at her through the rear view mirror and she was absolutely terrified and very weirded out. the most eerie thing is that my grandma could not shake the feeling that there was something very wrong and dangerous and she said that had my grandad not have been there, the voice telling her something was wrong would have stopped her from getting into his taxi. thank god my grandad was with her, otherwise she could have been another one of his victims.
I’m currently reading the search and rescue stories. What is the stair in the middle of the forest all about?! How weird. I’ll have to do some googling 😬

Lee Boxall. 15 year old boy disappeared in 1988. The case also fascinated me because it was in my home town of Sutton. He met a friend in town and then disappeared. His poor parents have kept his bedroom the same. The not knowing must be excruciating.
I went to the same school as him,
Remember it like yesterday.
Seeing his dear parents on chat shows and in magazines is so upsetting.
Just cant imagine how they have coped all these years.
That dodgy youth club they mention in Cheam village. . The grave yard.
Someone knows something.
Im sure it will come out eventually. .
I have friends who have recently been interviewed again . .

Reactions: 9
Someone knows something.

Thank you for your response. I dont know that it will come out eventually but I really hope you're right. I'm glad to hear the police are still on it and interviewing.

• Heart

Thank you for recommending the Search and Rescue Reddit Thread, gosh it is spooky and a very good read!

Reactions: 6
Hi all, regarding the Delphi Murders, have any of you heard the theory put forward by a youtuber called Matt Sullivan?
He believes that it was a revenge killing by a guy, who had been grassed up by Libby's father. This would explain why Libby was more badly injured, as she was the target.
He also had an accomplice, which would explain the two photo fits. Here's one of his videos:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Someone knows something.
I've followed this for years. The horrendous things happening at that youth club mean I really don't think Lee can be alive. I think he stumbled across something and was killed. So sad. I hope so much that he can be found. How unbearable for those who love him to not know.

Hi I’m also on the Reddit thread and to be honest I only follow the andrew thread (since last year) and I’ve never seen that picture I agree it looks like him, have the police or Andrews father seen this picture and ruled it out do you know x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.