Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SummerSky

LB Trust Global provides “overseas crisis support” and has charity status - so not a media liaison/PR agency per se but that must be part of their remit if the statement was issued on the newswires. It would be interesting to know what the financial arrangement is.

https://www.lbt.global/about-us
High profile cases keep LBT "relevant" (public perception really) so they get donations from the public.

Which is not to say they do anything useful ....

Dan is skint so book sales are very important.

Reactions: 2

AriaAria

I think you are right she would have discussed her route with Dan in the phone call.
Thank you for this article. Clears up these questions for me. So it was indeed her "planned" route, whether she stuck to it or not....

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
I'm confused. It seems like the dogs were with her hiking or are they old pictures? Also she seems more enthusiastic about being with the dogs than Dan...

Last edited:

petitspois

VIP Member
Not sure where you got this info from but this is not remotely true! The only stable jobs in academia are teaching, and even then the pressure is high because you still need to publish to obtain a promotion yet you have no time factored into your work hours in which to do that research. If pursuing the research route it most certainly is a rat race. Two year temp contracts with no guarantee of work after each one. Academia is most certainly not relaxed! There is also a view that if you leave academia you have ‘failed’, I know this as I myself left it to go into practice. So I imagine even if he chose to leave as opposed to being quietly elbowed out if he couldn’t keep up that would cause a huge amount of resentment, anger, and sense of failure as you said. Some people find it really hard to let it go even if they don’t want to do it anymore, it can be a really toxic culture.

Just sat and read this whole thread, absolutely loving Johara’s posts! Not 100% sure what I think yet, the partner seems dodgy - seems like too many ‘coincidences’ for me - but equally I can see how she could’ve fallen or something too.

If you post quite soon after your last post and nobody else has posted in between, they merge into one post unfortunately. If a certain time period has elapsed they will appear as separate posts but I don’t know exactly how long it is.
That’s where I work now and it’s like that if you choose to go for Prof but not otherwise. I guess we go by our own experiences

AlanB

But we don’t know what they know. He could’ve travelled on 21st / 22 nd and gone back home by late 23rd, and all would seem normal til the alarm was raised. He then travelled back and searched alone. At that point she was just missing so not suspected as being killed. He didn’t wish to search with them for a reason. They probably had no cause to track him at that stage. IMO.
I agree, but the Police apparently have all the information on his cell/laptop/cc and are STILL not treating him as a suspect, allowing him to roam all over the mountains ! They clearly think he's innocent.

palmer85

Yes I really want to hear everyone’s views... because time and time again people’s comments can throw a new light on things.

I hadn’t thought anything much about the dogs until now. I know something about scent tracking as have 2 spaniels and they had training with a police dog handler. But I had thought that the snow in the peaks would have hampered these searches...
Hi, so for finding a living person as opposed to a specific smell (blood, cadaver) do they have to be given an item with the required scent on it?

Yes.. me too. I like justice to be done so I really hope this isn’t left open ended. If they do have a clue and have a good idea about what may have happened.. then they can maybe make whoever did it sweat and make an error somehow. Sorry finding it hard to articulate what I mean due to tiredness!!

SummerSky

Is this possible ito him getting to her & communicating from another phone?

Burner phone/tablet issue.

If I leave my phone at home and buy a spare phone/tablet, can I log into my usual Whatsapp account via web browser from this other phone & sim card and reply to Whatsapp messages?

I imagine it's possible. Whatsapp web app relies on a QR code. So if I connect the tablet I should be able to get in.

AriaAria

I would not put too much faith in a photo from a forum without a verified source. But if true, that fits in with taking a dangerous short-cut route from the top of P du S to La Glera pass.
Yes and sorry, the person says "estimated" places. I cannot edit my comment above to say that now. And I take your point about searching the way Dan did and staying at the Refuge. Fair enough.

Johara

I worry that there’s no new stories now it’s all gone quiet ... like one of them cases that are just never solved and no answers :( I feel like she’s a lovely person an would love her to be found safe and alive :(

And the fact the husband didn’t raise the alarm till after six days.... what could he get done in six days? That’s what I’m thinking but I am judging a man I don’t know so could be way off
This:

"what could he get done in six days?"

A lot of time to erase evidence. I hope not. But you're right.

It’s not looking good is it ... three weeks ... got to be an accident surely? If the bf is ruled out then it’s just a case of finding her? Trying to think if she could have ended up in the lake somehow
The problem is that all the different police search groups except maybe one out of the 4/5 (Spanish mountain rescue I think?) say they don't believe she is on the mountain.

Her BF said the same. See BBC clip I posted a few pages back.

So if she got hurt all these experts reckon it wasn't on the mountain.

See his latest comments from Facebook that he thinks she did not have a mountain accident.

Attachments

Last edited:

SummerSky

why would any animal expend energy on carrying a skull up a mountain? Animals are not stupid and putting this as delicately as I can, a skull would have no nutritional value after this time.

A mammal moved her skull from where her body has been for 9 months, up part of a mountain, and just happened to leave it somewhere visible. That just happens to have been instantly suspicious as being her due to the hair.

Animals usually carry things in their mouths, leaving teeth marks or some other evidence.

Murder gets mentioned for the first time after they have something that can be forensically examined.

Trying to be delicate again, I've heard vultures mentioned and that they drop bones to get at what is inside. There would have been nothing inside by that point so why would a vulture put the effort in? Can't be a mistake on the vultures part, with their super senses they would know there was no food source.
Yep. It's become a psychopath's playbook: blaming animals.

Mountain lion - Barry Morphew
Bears - Don Wells
Vultures - this case

Chris Mcdonough, an ex child homicide cop whose son was snatched ... (runs The Interview Room on youtube)... quipped to the FBI's go to analyst Steve Johnson this week:

Topic: Summer Wells

Steve: "he's inferring the bears took her" (paraphrasing)

Chris: "Mountain lion..."

Steve: "huh? Oh... (chuckles) you mean like Barry Morphew"

Due to a bout of insomnia, I’ve just read through this whole thread in one sitting. A lot of interesting theories. It looks like the forensics will be key now.

The missing tent stands out to me. If her boyfriend or someone else was responsible then maybe the tent was used to move her body to an area where it looked like she’d fallen. Then the tent was taken away and disposed.
If it was an accident or suicide then you’d expect the tent to still be with the rest of her things that have been found.

Did you ever get any more information from the psychic lady @SummerSky ?
My initial thought was that she’d been murdered but not necessarily by the boyfriend but that he’d arranged it. Although the location probably makes that far fetched due to the terrain etc.
You need to get some sleep ;)

Due to a bout of insomnia, I’ve just read through this whole thread in one sitting. A lot of interesting theories. It looks like the forensics will be key now.

The missing tent stands out to me. If her boyfriend or someone else was responsible then maybe the tent was used to move her body to an area where it looked like she’d fallen. Then the tent was taken away and disposed.
If it was an accident or suicide then you’d expect the tent to still be with the rest of her things that have been found.

Did you ever get any more information from the psychic lady @SummerSky ?
My initial thought was that she’d been murdered but not necessarily by the boyfriend but that he’d arranged it. Although the location probably makes that far fetched due to the terrain etc.
I like the tent idea for transporting the body. Definitely possible.

Last edited:

SvenS

The police have never ruled DC out.
I guess nobody is ever fully ruled out of anything - they're just words really. But if you read the times article, the police turned over his house and went through all his digital devices early in the investigation. It seems that his alibi is established.

toffeejelly

I worry that there’s no new stories now it’s all gone quiet ... like one of them cases that are just never solved and no answers :( I feel like she’s a lovely person an would love her to be found safe and alive :(

And the fact the husband didn’t raise the alarm till after six days.... what could he get done in six days? That’s what I’m thinking but I am judging a man I don’t know so could be way off
There's an update on the Facebook page, from the mum and Dan.

petitspois

VIP Member
I dunno, a premeditated attack? I still think he’d have to be a psychopath to go through with this. Which maybe he is! And if this did happen do we think he removed all digital traces of any conversations he’d had with her about it? He said he’d been open about giving his social media, phones etc to the police.

I do agree that all is not what it seemed with them - maybe a separation was on the horizon? Maybe she couldn’t face the thought of a future with him, forced to come home and live a normal life...?

I also do think it is odd that her mobile was switched off and never turned on again. Whatever happened, it happened quickly, if you were in real trouble surely you’d use your last dregs of battery to try to seek help.
He could have said on their last call ‘meet me at the xyz, I’ve got something special I want to ask you’
She might think it was a proposal.

Just thinking of scenarios ....

• Heart