Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hmm yes.

You raise an interesting point wrt his being used to different telecomms systems in different countries. He'd be savvy with burner phones.

Plus the night attack. Less likelihood of people spotting him. Tidy up in the morning then hike back. Card activity covers daytime. I think you & Laurie nailed it.

Last chapter:
The boy with bowel problems transforms into a superhero who outsmarts the cops.

(Does his best to publicly humiliate the cops several times more like).

Redemption for childhood humiliation.

I'm happy to see some knowledgeable mountaineers on another site starting to raise red flags.

Neither of the 2 have ever been in the murder camp. I've been reading their posts for months. They are not the suspicious type. But finally their logical minds are hitting a wall.

I'm screenshotting one's summary for convenience. While he does not cast aspersions, his summary makes it crystal clear that Dan led the police in the wrong direction initially so their early search efforts were wasted.
Do they say what route would make sense from a hiking perspective?

Organised Dan gave us the background to her disappearance (page 2 of the dossier)- I think it was jealous rage, he was sick of her after their long summer of hiking. They had a furious row and she went off in the motorhome to sleep in the layby. Then her popularity and extended hikes (while he is left at home with the dogs he doesn't like, feeling like a chump), rage building everytime she delays her return from a feeling of abandonment. Basically he took out his rage on her and regained control of her, leaving her "in the mountains", quite literally "in" a natural hiding spot which made him so happy.

openbook1

VIP Member
I’ve been following this case closely.
from the beginning & still even now.. I am convinced the partner has something to do with it & there’s much more than meets the eye.
If you go on their joint Facebook page - some of the stuff he’s written is odd..
What is the page?

Mathilderose99

I guess everyone has a different relationship with food. If grieving or experiencing some other upsetting crisis I lose my appetite.

I've just never seen someone's appearance change so dramatically after a tragedy as the boyfriend's.

I'm not sure what it means.
where is a recent photo of him?

It sound like a fact. I know one of Esthers friends and she is distraught like all her friends and family are. Some people are really enjoying this situation and this was my concern with a previous poster who has strangely disappeared.

Thanks. Are you enjoying the attention
Yes so do we.

It sound like a fact. I know one of Esthers friends and she is distraught like all her friends and family are. Some people are really enjoying this situation and this was my concern with a previous poster who has strangely disappeared.

Thanks. Are you enjoying the attention
Yes, anyone can, like you.

Pippa M

VIP Member
I haven't checked all the distances but isn't it something like at least an hour drive to the base of the French Pyrenees and about 4 hours walk to get where Esther was for Dan? It just seems a bit far fetched to say that he managed to find her.

I agree that while Dan says their relationship was fine there does seem to be doubts from Esther. For many people this is nothing strange in a modern relationship.
And now we will never hear her version. I hope that there will be a quick decision if this is a case of pushed or slipped...