Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they’re giving him enough rope to hang himself.

Or maybe Esther planned all this to get away....

Reactions: 3
I can't imagine that a kind, decent, sensible person - as Esther has been described by those who know her - would ever vanish on her loved ones.

She is mature, responsible and popular with friends. Her aunt said the family suspect kidnapping (or worse) because they know her character.

As to the rope, yes.

This concept of people running away from their lives seems to have become accepted since the movie Gone Girl.

In reality I can't recall a case of a woman choosing to run off. A few men yes. Not women.

Unfortunately in about 90% of all cases of missing people there tends to be an insurance policy and/ or another lover on the partner's part.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I can't imagine that a kind, decent, sensible person - as Esther has been described by those who know her - would ever vanish on her loved ones.

She is mature, responsible and popular with friends. Her aunt said the family suspect kidnapping (or worse) because they know her character.

As to the rope, yes.

This concept of people running away from their lives seems to have become accepted since the movie Gone Girl.

In reality I can't recall a case of a woman choosing to run off. A few men yes. Not women.

Unfortunately in about 90% of all cases of missing people there tends to be an insurance policy and/ or another lover on the partner's part.
I agree but there’s still a part of me that thinks he might have been a very controlling/cruel man, hence the need to escape and not yet leave.

Reactions: 2
It was BBC Breakfast 2 December. Here's the clip.

He said "I loved her for that...... " then switched to "I love her for that".
And there were some other things he said about her in the past tense.

Several men commented on this on Twitter. And women, but more so men.

He also said something odd at the end:

"I'm convinced she isn't up there".

How can one be convinced of that on December 2nd - day of this interview? Such early days.
Ooof that was it! Totally got it the wrong way round in my post, my apologies. Was half watching it in my defence. Thank you so much for posting the link! Glad other people picked up on that too.

On a very superficial note I wish the Lucie Blackman trust hadn’t changed its name to LB Trust Global. It honestly sounds like a business company dealing with business to business issues and offering solutions instead of a missing person’s charity trying to help find British people lost abroad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I think there’s something here. When they can rule out the partner straight away they always do. Remember Jo Yeates in Bristol? Her partner was never brought up. 🙁
That's only because the media hounded the their landlord simply because he was eccentric. Plus jo's boyfriend had an alibi. Hr was at his parents in sheffield.

Reactions: 7
I read somewhere that she struggled with mental health issues. So my thought is that lockdown made it worse and IMO she has committed suicide.
A lot of people with depression who end up committing suicide seem very happy in the days leading up to the act. That is because they have made the decision and feel at peace. Most of the time their is no note. Explanations are actually very rare

Reactions: 5
For me personally, what stood out to me on the joint Facebook account was how he was updating everyone often asking people to help search for her etc.. but then all of a sudden he announced that he’s been advised not to make any more updates. Very bizarre. I think the media as well as the cops need to re direct their attention and focus it back onto him.
A lot of times the police tell the loved ones what they can and can’t say on social media in these sort of cases. Sometimes that includes a total black out. This could be due to them getting lots of hoax information, they aren’t a big enough department to be dealing with this, a form a strategy (wanting to watch how someone behaves, wanting to see how the community reacts, etc) or other things. So that on it’s on, to me at least, isn’t a red flag at the moment.
The thing about the ‘forensic officer’ sleeping in her camper van is weird! The woman who took the photo said the police weren’t interested when she mentioned it. Plus it was several days after she had gone missing - why was there no police tape? Why not police officer guarding the van? There was no evidence of any police work being done on the van (a crucial bit of evidence) but they said that some random body found sleeping in there was a member of the police team? Either they are highly incompetent or they are lying for whatever reason.

Reactions: 6
That's only because the media hounded the their landlord simply because he was eccentric. Plus jo's boyfriend had an alibi. Hr was at his parents in sheffield.
Exactly my point- maybe the boyfriend can’t prove where he was?

I've read reports where police believe she may have plotted her disappearance. I think a lot of people who have done the world travel thing don't always want to go home or settle back down into normal life.
Reminds me if Leanne Beardon who took her own life after returning from world travel.

I agree but there’s still a part of me that thinks he might have been a very controlling/cruel man, hence the need to escape and not yet leave.
Aaah. That makes sense.

Yes I detect cruelty. It's a combination of things said, interaction in videos etc. And his 2020 book was cruel. Unforgiveable.

A lot of times the police tell the loved ones what they can and can’t say on social media in these sort of cases. Sometimes that includes a total black out. This could be due to them getting lots of hoax information, they aren’t a big enough department to be dealing with this, a form a strategy (wanting to watch how someone behaves, wanting to see how the community reacts, etc) or other things. So that on it’s on, to me at least, isn’t a red flag at the moment.
The thing about the ‘forensic officer’ sleeping in her camper van is weird! The woman who took the photo said the police weren’t interested when she mentioned it. Plus it was several days after she had gone missing - why was there no police tape? Why not police officer guarding the van? There was no evidence of any police work being done on the van (a crucial bit of evidence) but they said that some random body found sleeping in there was a member of the police team? Either they are highly incompetent or they are lying for whatever reason.
I see his behaviour as that of a control freak. He was "in charge" of public info etc.

I think the police were curious to see what he wrote but dislike the man and curtailed his control freakery.

Remember how he didn't join the police search parties but went off on his own? (Captain Bordinaro sounded annoyed)

Another example from a DM article: Esther had wanted to spend Winter in a sunny area but he decided they would spend it in cold Gascony.

What a Grinch.

I
I've read reports where police believe she may have plotted her disappearance. I think a lot of people who have done the world travel thing don't always want to go home or settle back down into normal life.
Reminds me if Leanne Beardon who took her own life after returning from world travel.
I must read about Leanne Beardon. I don't know the case.

My hunch is the police say things to make the Grinch relax... so he feels not under suspicion... while they watch.

Ooof that was it! Totally got it the wrong way round in my post, my apologies. Was half watching it in my defence. Thank you so much for posting the link! Glad other people picked up on that too.

On a very superficial note I wish the Lucie Blackman trust hadn’t changed its name to LB Trust Global. It honestly sounds like a business company dealing with business to business issues and offering solutions instead of a missing person’s charity trying to help find British people lost abroad.
Glad you raised it as I wasn't sure many people had seen that clip. It's literally only on BBCBreakfast Twitter 2 Dec. Nowhere else on the web.

LBT remind me of the McCann spin machine. PR only.

They stated there were no problems in the relationship ... despite DC publishing his book in June 2020 in which he writes how much they loathed each other when they called off their wedding in 2014.

T
Interested to know which bits of the FB posts people found odd? I had a look just now and nothing jumped out to me as being obviously weird or worded strangely - maybe the bit about him going out walking...? There was also typo in one of them, but that’s about all I could see! The publishing of the media advisory note was a bit strange I guess but I’m not sure whether that was a common thing to do in high profile missing persons cases.
The thing that really stands out for me is their website. Read the About Esther page then read the About Dan page.

She mentions him & loving him. On his page not a single word about her.

On his personal Instagram there are these pretentious poems about love. One goes something like this:

"I crave you when you are gone but when you return I can't be around you and need space. I need to find another way."

ISSUES.

Last edited:
Psychology:

Today when I was searching for the BBC clip I landed on his Twitter page...

All the tweets are about his birth defect. Incontinence.

My impression: the tweeter is very angry. The world must know what he suffered as a school kid with this health issue.

1. He holds great anger (Tweets show this & he wrote about loathing her in his 2020 book).

2. Living with incontinence & not asking for help at school means as a boy he had to think very strategically about logistics. He must be a great planner as an adult

3. He is accustomed to living with shame. It must be 2nd nature to "wear a mask".

4. He feels he suffered unjustly so his empathy for others is probably low

5. ED wrote about how he encouraged her to push through her boundaries - we have boundaries for a reason. Safety. Comfort. Healthy survival. They are to be respected and left standing, not eroded.

6. Add in the control freakery examples: she wants a sunny holiday but he decides it will be a Winter one. He elects himself public spokesperson for the police investigations on Facebook till they tell him to quit it. He writes a book sharing their most private dirty laundry with the world (what woman would enjoy that! She had no say clearly)

7. He writes a poem about "craving you when you are far away but not wanting to be near you when you return". Classic push-pull behaviour of personality disorders. Cruel avoidant intimacy phobes.

Put it all together and we have a Covert character. Capable of ruthlessness. ED may not have originally been a codependent personality but anyone living with a Covert narc for 18 years has to adapt in order to stay.

* This is my opinion only. My observations. I could be wrong.

Exactly my point- maybe the boyfriend can’t prove where he was?
Yes.

There is a train from Toulouse to Luchon that takes 3hrs. Toulouse is 100 miles from Arreau his village according to the Daily Mail.

Logistically he could have witnesses see him in the morning and even up till 1pm but get to ED in 3-4hrs, do his thing and return before midnight.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Very odd situation I have also been following closely ..... if she had a accident up in the mountains they usually find the body by now??? Seems weird!!!!
It's also odd that she hiked back up the same mountain peak at 3pm when it would soon get dark.

She had 1.5hrs daylight left.

Other hikers say it's not a wise thing to do.

Is it possible for a hiker to ascend the same peak from the other side - Luchon (ie DC)? Or is the only route up via Benasque?

Did she send DC the pic of her on the peak because he asked her to show him when she got to the top?

Was he coming to surprise her? Did she know and did they hike away together?

Is the reason the police could find no abandoned camping gear or signs of a struggle because she descended with someone else peacefully and was harmed off the mountain?

Someone she trusted.

• Heart
  • Sad
The more details released about the case, the weirder it all is. Especially the timing of her going missing on the last day. I mean what are the odds of being away for a month with no incident and them something happening to you on the last hike. I get these things can be that random though.

This clip of them is odd, his face when she is speaking in particular. I get controlling vibes from him too. Maybe she just couldn't face going back, especially if the reports are correct that he wanted to end their nomadic lifestyle.

I’m sure the truth will out, but I really can’t see anything in this clip that would make me think controlling vibes.

Reactions: 5
He is a total and utter creep whatever way you look at it. Said it from the beginning and will say it until he’s exposed for what he really is.

Reactions: 4
Coverts
I’m sure the truth will out, but I really can’t see anything in this clip that would make me think controlling vibes.
Coverts hide that very well. That's why they're so dangerous.

They present a pleasant public face.

We have to look at their actions to get an inkling.

The guy you see there published a book this year describing the loathing they had for each other.

He also said all romance died in 2014.

Nice way to humiliate your partner - the world gets to read that.

He is a total and utter creep whatever way you look at it. Said it from the beginning and will say it until he’s exposed for what he really is.
I gather your intuition screams about him and I think you're right.

The more details released about the case, the weirder it all is. Especially the timing of her going missing on the last day. I mean what are the odds of being away for a month with no incident and them something happening to you on the last hike. I get these things can be that random though.

This clip of them is odd, his face when she is speaking in particular. I get controlling vibes from him too. Maybe she just couldn't face going back, especially if the reports are correct that he wanted to end their nomadic lifestyle.
It's easier to split from a partner amicably than to abandon your dad, mother and friends to start a new life.

If he had threatened her then that's grounds to disappear but not forever.

Imagine leaving your entire life behind just because you're in a relationship with a creep? You'd have to try live without legal ID, without credit rating, without academic qualifications, ... you'd have no money. Nothing. No way.

Yes he almost grimaces when she speaks.

He told us in his 2020 book about the loathing and all romantic feelings having died.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Coverts

Coverts hide that very well. That's why they're so dangerous.

They present a pleasant public face.

We have to look at their actions to get an inkling.

The guy you see there published a book this year describing the loathing they had for each other.

He also said all romance died in 2014.

Nice way to humiliate your partner - the world gets to read that.

I gather your intuition screams about him and I think you're right.

It's easier to split from a partner amicably than to abandon your dad, mother and friends to start a new life.

If he had threatened her then that's grounds to disappear but not forever.

Imagine leaving your entire life behind just because you're in a relationship with a creep? You'd have to try live without legal ID, without credit rating, without academic qualifications, ... you'd have no money. Nothing. No way.

Yes he almost grimaces when she speaks.

He told us in his 2020 book about the loathing and all romantic feelings having died.
I take you’re well qualified in this field?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.