Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As an aside, his health issues are bowel related. There’s loads online as he shares quite often.

Reactions: 3
Hadn't thought of that.

The longer it goes on with the same reporting style, the more suspicion they will raise and they'd know this. Would they risk it without feeling they really were on the right track?
The police did make a statement after the first negative article saying the boyfriend had been interviewed as a witness only and had been nothing but helpful. Yet the stories printed just seem to hint further.
It's a difficult one to judge because although we all know the press like to hint at things they when they can't outrightly say them, there have also been times that they have gone after the wrong person with no evidence. Christopher Jefferies (Joanna Yeates) is a good example.

Reactions: 4
I've just read that article. It's very odd that they keep focusing on that, especially considering he's house sitting, not paying rent on the place. It does make you wonder if the press know more information than they are able to print.
I am also sure I read somewhere that financial difficulties were part of the reason they left - although they were also supposedly examples of FIRE so who knows...
It was a clear day, she had plenty of time to get down before dark, she was experienced and had all the right equipment, they've said the route wasn't particularly dangerous with anywhere to fall and if there was a freak accident they would have expected to have found her by now. So for me it all points to either she has removed herself and doesn't want to be found, or someone has removed her and doesn't want her to be found...

And finally the bear theory... I just can't. I don't know much about bears but I doubt it would have eaten her trainers and rucksack too
Yes I was thinking this too, surely if it had been an accident someone would have found a sign of her/ her equipment or whatever. I agree that she’s disappeared on purpose or something more sinister has happened, sadly.

I wonder if her partner was really a suspect how it could have played out? How long did he wait before alerting the police/authorities? Did he have an alibi? Tbf if it were me/my partner and they’d been out of contact for 24 hrs I’d be seriously worried...not waiting 6 days

Something which has also troubled me from the beginning was that picture - was it def sent from the location she said it was? Apparently someone looked closely at her insta photos and there is some evidence to suggest that the two pictures at the top of the mountain were taken at different times of day (shadows) suggesting she was there twice in the space of a day/spent longer there than you’d expect to at the top of a 9000ft mountain in Nov...

A lady saw a light on in Esther's campervan after she had gone missing and took a photo. Apparently it was someone from the Forensic dept.

Reactions: 1
I personally think they need to look at the partner. Thought it from day one. The way he words things over on their joint Facebook page is very alarming to say the least. He’s gone quiet all of a sudden.

I personally think they need to look at the partner. Thought it from day one. The way he words things over on their joint Facebook page is very alarming to say the least. He’s gone quiet all of a sudden.
Wouldn’t his phone be able to be tracked to see his locations/if it was turned off at any point?

Reactions: 1
In what way? Recent things or just the blog in general? I haven't read any of it. Is it worth a look?

Reactions: 2
I'm so glad to see this thread! I've been following the story since it broke and something very strange is definitely going on.

THe partner said the reasoning for her wanting to go on this trip was that they realised they'd not spent any time apart this year... I know people's relationships are different and quirky and that they had been together a long time but I've never looked at a partner of mine and said we've not spent any time apart this year and I think we should!

And as mentioned above the reporting on it is very weird. Going over the same points, focusing on abstract things, it's definitely like they know more and are hinting as they do, but what could they know that they wouldn't just print (papers don't usually care much when it comes to printing what they like.... Unless there is an injunction or some foreign laws they need to respect). I read the article about their relationship not being as it seemed and they repeated that over and over throughout which made me think there is something they were wanting to get across subliminally along that line of theory..

It was a clear day, she had plenty of time to get down before dark, she was experienced and had all the right equipment, they've said the route wasn't particularly dangerous with anywhere to fall and if there was a freak accident they would have expected to have found her by now. So for me it all points to either she has removed herself and doesn't want to be found, or someone has removed her and doesn't want her to be found...

And finally the bear theory... I just can't. I don't know much about bears but I doubt it would have eaten her trainers and rucksack too
It is highly unlikely that a bear would eat Esther, even if it had attacked her. They see humans as a threat (often to their cubs), not as food.
I live in Canada, in an area with a lot of bears.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the bf did an interview with the BBC on Dec 7, I am reading Websleuths and it stood out to people that he spoke about Esther in past tense... that is quite odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
In what way? Recent things or just the blog in general? I haven't read any of it. Is it worth a look?
I’m in another website forum similar to this where I first heard about the joint Facebook page. Some of the things he’s said recently over on there are a bit strange. He started off asking for the public’s help in finding her but then that kind of came to a hault and the way he worded the last statement was quite odd. I’m not entirely sure how he is involved but I’m convinced in some sort of way, he is.

All that glitters isn’t always gold.

It is highly unlikely that a bear would eat Esther, even if it had attacked her. They see humans as a threat (often to their cubs), not as food.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the bf did an interview with the BBC on Dec 7, I am reading Websleuths and it stood out to people that he spoke about Esther in past tense... that is quite odd.

I’m on WS too. The theory that the partners behaviour is somewhat strange is where my line of thinking tends to lean toward.

Reactions: 6
The man who gave her a lift hasn’t been found yet has he.
Yes. Antonio Ballarin aged 70. He was hiking with his grandson when he met her. The Daily Mail mentioned him saying she was planning to take a train to Toulouse (odd as she had the campervan with her).
Toulouse is near where her bf DC had been living in a farmhouse (village called Gersy).

What's really odd is the Daily Mail seem to have edited it out after publishing (police request perhaps?) But it is still in the Pressreader share of the same article 9 December.

Wrt Toulouse... so Ballarin says she planned to take a train back to France:
- and leave the camper van behind?
- arrive home early & surprise DC?
- what if DC was cheating? Had he given her reason to be insecure?
- her Facebook posts recently spoke about needing to clear confusion & needing to get away

As to motive nobody has raised the usual cucumber: life insurance.

These are 2 ultra ambitious people whose VC funded venture failed then he got a dangerous illness and they quit it all. They did not quit a highly successful life 6 yrs ago. They were deep in debt due to the business.

They are A plus types who walked away.

They cancelled their wedding years ago which seems unnecessary. A postponement would be fine but this is years later.

In posts and videos ED always spoke about her love for him. He did not do the same. On his instagram he wrote a few lines (citing from memory) "I crave you when you are gone but when you are with me I need my space. I need to find another way".

As common law spouses they may have had a big life insurance policy in case of each other's deaths.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

Yes on Twitter especially people were commenting about that. And also his eye twitchings blinkings and shruggings.

It's odd that one can't find the full BBC podcast anywhere. There's only a short clip of it on Twitter.

The boyfriend had asked BBC to interview him about her disappearance. The interviewer asks so tell us why you want this interview?"

Reactions: 7
The press want you to think they are hinting at something to keep you hooked on the story.

Does seem strange though. And as for the Spanish forensic officer sleeping in her camper can!! How have they not been sacked!!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.