Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Mirror also carried info about Antonio Ballarin aged 70 who gave her a lift on the 21st. She was perfectly fine on the 22nd hiking back up the mountain when the Spanish skier saw her.

In one of her last FB posts she tagged DC and said "Maybe I can see you!" Perhaps she meant the view was so clear she could see Gascony 3hrs away.

Or perhaps they had discussed him coming to see her?
This mountain peak was a good way to "cross the border" between France & Spain without having to show papers.

We all wonder why she was hiking back up the same route she had already climbed earlier on the 22nd. Late in the afternoon which is not a good time to do this - dusk falling soon.

Had someone asked her to come meet them?

It takes 3hrs by train from Toulouse near the village DC was living in, to get to where ED was.
Not a long time. One could feed the dogs, get there and return same day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The Mirror also carried info about Antonio Ballarin aged 70 who gave her a lift on the 21st. She was perfectly fine on the 22nd hiking back up the mountain when the Spanish skier saw her.

In one of her last FB posts she tagged DC and said "Maybe I can see you!" Perhaps she meant the view was so clear she could see Gascony 3hrs away.

Or perhaps they had discussed him coming to see her?
This mountain peak was a good way to "cross the border" between France & Spain without having to show papers.

We all wonder why she was hiking back up the same route she had already climbed earlier on the 22nd. Late in the afternoon which is not a good time to do this - dusk falling soon.

Had someone asked her to come meet them?

It takes 3hrs by train from Toulouse near the village DC was living in, to get to where ED was.
Not a long time. One could feed the dogs, get there and return same day.
No need to show papers travelling between any countries in the EU

In the new lockdown rules for France that people are passing around it's quite strict. They say papers are required and you have to leave your ID with the local police if going on any excursion, which has a time limit. But I don't live there so can't verify.

Last edited:
Explaining the cancellation of their wedding DC wrote in his memoir published in June 2020:

“what was supposed to be a chance to rediscover our love of one another did, at times, seem to have transformed into a festering pit of mutual loathing”.

Also, describing the aftermath of getting into debt: “It was around this time that any last traces of romance slipped away from us. We clung on to the belief that we still loved each other, but beneath all the animosity, it was hard.”

Excerpts published in the Times https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...missing-to-retain-nomadic-lifestyle-rdwb8lg3k

How any man, while continuing in a relationship, can write that kind of stuff about a woman and expect things to improve is beyond me.

Either this is severe codependency or masochism.

In The Times article LBT really should have read DC's book before announcing this:

"Matthew Searle of LBT, said: “As I understand it there were no problems in the relationship at all.”

That makes LBT look stupid.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Explaining the cancellation of their wedding DC wrote in his memoir published in June 2020:

“what was supposed to be a chance to rediscover our love of one another did, at times, seem to have transformed into a festering pit of mutual loathing”.

Also, describing the aftermath of getting into debt: “It was around this time that any last traces of romance slipped away from us. We clung on to the belief that we still loved each other, but beneath all the animosity, it was hard.”

Excerpts published in the Times https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...missing-to-retain-nomadic-lifestyle-rdwb8lg3k

How any man, while continuing in a relationship, can write that kind of stuff about a woman and expect things to improve is beyond me.

Either this is severe codependency or masochism.

In The Times article LBT really should have read DC's book before announcing this:

"Matthew Searle of LBT, said: “As I understand it there were no problems in the relationship at all.”

That makes LBT look stupid.
I have to admit I don't find any of that particularly concerning. Lots of relationships go through bad patches. They've had to deal with life threatening physical illness alongside mental health difficulties. I'm not surprised they've had times where they've felt like that.
I suppose it's unusual for people to write with such searing honesty on a public platform but they are both fairly into sharing their lives publicly from what I can gather.

Also, I think a lot of those quotes relate to a time several years ago. Their relationship now could be relatively problem free. I don't know that much about them though, I only had a quick flick through their blog on Facebook.

Reactions: 1
So there’s proof she was in the area she said she was, if there’s proof he was at the house he was supposed to be staying (witnesses, phone records etc) then I guess he has to be innocent.

I have to admit I don't find any of that particularly concerning. Lots of relationships go through bad patches. They've had to deal with life threatening physical illness alongside mental health difficulties. I'm not surprised they've had times where they've felt like that.
I suppose it's unusual for people to write with such searing honesty on a public platform but they are both fairly into sharing their lives publicly from what I can gather.

Also, I think a lot of those quotes relate to a time several years ago. Their relationship now could be relatively problem free. I don't know that much about them though, I only had a quick flick through their blog on Facebook.
If you read their website, all their Facebook & Instagram posts (individual and joint) you will change your mind. I noted the disparity on the websites & social media way before I read the Times article.

He says it himself published for the world to read. Someone wise once said listen when people tell you who they are. (And what they feel).

I have a ton of free time at the mo so I have immersed myself in this case. Not everyone has the time to read how he writes about her vs how she does about him - and I don't mean after she vanished.

So there’s proof she was in the area she said she was, if there’s proof he was at the house he was supposed to be staying (witnesses, phone records etc) then I guess he has to be innocent.
I think if his activities were cut and dried the police would not have had to go all the way to the village of Arreau to chat to him a third time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I’m in another website forum similar to this where I first heard about the joint Facebook page. Some of the things he’s said recently over on there are a bit strange. He started off asking for the public’s help in finding her but then that kind of came to a hault and the way he worded the last statement was quite odd. I’m not entirely sure how he is involved but I’m convinced in some sort of way, he is.

All that glitters isn’t always gold.

I’m on WS too. The theory that the partners behaviour is somewhat strange is where my line of thinking tends to lean toward.
I had completely forgotten about websleuths! I’ve been over for a nose, it’s been a while.
This is definitely a strange one, and I’m really not sure what to make of it

Reactions: 4
I had completely forgotten about websleuths! I’ve been over for a nose, it’s been a while.
This is definitely a strange one, and I’m really not sure what to make of it
WS rules forbid members to speculate about missing peoples' partners so I'm amazed Koko got to see something before mods erased it. Their mods are gestapo-like.

I'm getting Chris Watts vibes. I wish it wasn't the case.

Reactions: 7
WS rules forbid members to speculate about missing peoples' partners so I'm amazed Koko got to see something before mods erased it. Their mods are gestapo-like.

I was referring the the whole case, rather then specifically the partner although I do agree that there is someone odd

Hundred percent Chris watts vibes.

Reactions: 5
Koko17 if it's a CW scenario there are 2 main options:
- she travelled to him earlier than planned, leaving the van behind - to surprise him or at his invitation
- or he travelled to her - to surprise her - then took the 3hr train back to Toulouse.

Which option do you think may have happened?

I also can't help wondering if there is a mademoiselle lurking in the background.

I personally think they need to look at the partner. Thought it from day one. The way he words things over on their joint Facebook page is very alarming to say the least. He’s gone quiet all of a sudden.
He was in BBC news in the morning back last week asking for information and I found it interesting that he said was speaking about her in the present tense then quickly corrected himself to speak about her in the past tense. It piqued my interest because he *changed* it to the past tense, like she was already dead. But then again could have been a slip of the toi he due to the high amount of stress he’s probably under.

Reactions: 5
He was in BBC news in the morning back last week asking for information and I found it interesting that he said was speaking about her in the present tense then quickly corrected himself to speak about her in the past tense. It piqued my interest because he *changed* it to the past tense, like she was already dead. But then again could have been a slip of the toi he due to the high amount of stress he’s probably under.
It was BBC Breakfast 2 December. Here's the clip.

He said "I loved her for that...... " then switched to "I love her for that".
And there were some other things he said about her in the past tense.

Several men commented on this on Twitter. And women, but more so men.

He also said something odd at the end:

"I'm convinced she isn't up there".

How can one be convinced of that on December 2nd - day of this interview? Such early days.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
It was BBC Breakfast 2 December. Here's the clip.

He said "I loved her for that...... " then switched to "I love her for that".
And there were some other things he said about her in the past tense.

Several men commented on this on Twitter. And women, but more so men.

He also said something odd at the end:

"I'm convinced she isn't up there".

How can one be convinced of that on December 2nd - day of this interview? Such early days.
This, PLUS the way he’s worded things on their joint Facebook page seals the deal for me. He knows ALOT more than he’s letting on. He comes across as a very weird individual to me and the cops need to look a bit closer to home if you ask me.

Reactions: 6
Interested to know which bits of the FB posts people found odd? I had a look just now and nothing jumped out to me as being obviously weird or worded strangely - maybe the bit about him going out walking...? There was also typo in one of them, but that’s about all I could see! The publishing of the media advisory note was a bit strange I guess but I’m not sure whether that was a common thing to do in high profile missing persons cases.

Interested to know which bits of the FB posts people found odd? I had a look just now and nothing jumped out to me as being obviously weird or worded strangely - maybe the bit about him going out walking...? There was also typo in one of them, but that’s about all I could see! The publishing of the media advisory note was a bit strange I guess but I’m not sure whether that was a common thing to do in high profile missing persons cases.

For me personally, what stood out to me on the joint Facebook account was how he was updating everyone often asking people to help search for her etc.. but then all of a sudden he announced that he’s been advised not to make any more updates. Very bizarre. I think the media as well as the cops need to re direct their attention and focus it back onto him.

Reactions: 3
For me personally, what stood out to me on the joint Facebook account was how he was updating everyone often asking people to help search for her etc.. but then all of a sudden he announced that he’s been advised not to make any more updates. Very bizarre. I think the media as well as the cops need to re direct their attention and focus it back onto him.
It's possible, as a strategy, the French police are playing cat and mouse. They may also be dribbling trivia to the media to turn pressure up and down.

Why? It's a form of mental torture.

Imagine there's a murderer scouring the news.
One day they're getting filthy looks from everyone because the media raises suspicion.
The next day the media reports bears or lakes may be the cause of a lady vanishing.
The next day stories point to a mystery hiker.
Then we hear someone's been spotted in her camper van
Then suddenly police arrive in a tiny village unexpectedly.
The heat is turned up again. More public suspicion.

I've noticed a pattern. It's like Good Cop Bad Cop. You're safe. You're not. Next week will be interesting.

I think Captain Bordinaro is switched on.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.