Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
My husband is so bad with lyrics that I have stopped correcting him. I find it hysterical to see what he'll come out with next. However, I did have to correct him yesterday when he singing Blondie's 'Hanging On The Telephone' he came out with 'Hanging On The Radio' ... I mean, it's the bloody title of the song and he still got it wrong. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Strangely I've got a reverse misheard lyric. Kings of Leon 'The Bucket'.
I've been merrily singing along 'Eighteen, balding, star' thinking I must look up the actual lyrics as they are ridiculous. I did. And they are the actual lyrics 😂

• Haha

RocksOff

Going back a while now my neice used to sing
Who ya gonna call?
Ho Baxter

Of course, that's what we all say now!

• Haha
  • Heart

Gossgirl

The Kelly clarkson Christmas song - underneath the tree
‘Your here, under the tree, snow is falling with a capital C’
It’s actually ‘snow is falling as the carolers sing’ - I still can’t hear her saying the right words 😂😂
I thought it was capital C too!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

Moanyoldwoman

For years my friend was singing Kelis song with the lyrics “let’s get it on in public” and she was singing “let’s get it on in Poland”

I mean come on 😂😂😂😂

• Haha

hehehe

VIP Member
Someone posted the song Len - Steal My Sunshine in another thread the other day and I’ve always thought it was “you’re still my sunshine” not if you steal my sunshine. I only ever used to hear the song in the background like on the radio so I think that’s why even though it’s in the title of the song 🙃
The day I googled the lyrics of this song my mind was blown. Not a single lyric matched what I'd been singing for 20 years.

Lyric:

My sticky paws were into making straws
out of big fat slurpy treats
An incredible eight-foot heap

I'd been singing:

My stinky pants were in the maiden's draws
All twisted round and neat
I cried me all into a heap

• Haha

Ineedmorecoffee

Chatty Member
Iggy Azalea ‘Fancy’

My kids heard ‘Trash the hotel, let’s get drunk on the minibar’ as ‘Lets get drunk on the minibus’

Which sounds like a lot more fun, to be honest.

• Haha

BasilRathbon

"I don't wear make up on first dates, cos who I am is enough"
"I don't wear make up on Thursdays, cos who I am is enough" (Jess Glynne - Thursday)

"Blah blah blah Starbucks lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane"
"Got a long list of ex-lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane" (Blank Space - Taylor Swift)

"Cocoa heart, hot done by you"
"Cold, cold heart, hardened by you" (Sacrifice - Elton John)
Similarly I thought the chorus of the 1970s song "Haven't stopped dancing yet" went "I haven't stopped dancing yet, since we met on a Thursday". It's actually "I haven't stopped dancing yet, since we met on our first date".

Rxt156

VIP Member
Found out today that in maroon 5’s Sunday Morning he does not sing “oooohhhh eileeen” and says “all I need” 🤦‍♀️
I’m going to sing this instead now. I prefer your version 🤣

Rain on me by Ariana Grande.

I always sang "I'd rather be drunk but at least I'm alive"

When it is actually "I'd rather be dry but at least I'm alive" 🤦🏼‍♀️

Makes more sense when you think of the title...I just thought she was having a shit week and needed a drink 🤣
DRY? wtf!!

• Haha

Hendrix

Dua Lipa - Levitating

The correct lyrics are ‘And I'm feeling so electric, dance my ass off’ but I always hear it as ‘And I like you so I’ll let you touch my arsehole’ 😂😂

• Haha

Flossy2019

VIP Member
My bf thinks Jess Glynes no make up on Thursdays (I don’t know the official title) where she says Cos Who I am is enough he thinks
She says I can never get it up 😂😂😂😂

• Haha

bubbadabut

VIP Member
My sister and I were avid watchers of the original Disney's The Little Mermaid. In the "Part of Your World" song, she sings about pregnant women who are sick of swimming. I thought nothing of it at the time.

It was only when I watched the updated version with my daughter that I realised it was actually "bright young women, sick of swimming, ready to stand". 😬😬

• Haha

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
I don't know who it is by but there is a song with the lyrics, "it's like my iPod's stuck on replay". For longer than I care to admit I thought he was singing, "eyeball", not iPod.

• Haha

Twirliegirlies

The song is Def Leppard’s “Pour Some Sugar On Me”.

Actual lyric: “Livin’ like a lover with a radar phone”

What I hear: Livin' like a loser with a red iPhone”

I know it’s wrong, I just can’t unhear it 😂
I thought that it was just me. 😅 I took it as red eye phone.

• Haha

MilkAndTwoSugars

VIP Member
Omg I have just realised that I had the lyrics to Yazoo's "Only You" totally wrong.

It is:
"All I needed was the love you gave
All I needed for another day
And all I ever knew
Only you"

I thought it was:

**All I needed was a 'love you babe'**

as in, all u had to do was say u love me 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha