Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

specialone50

VIP Member
i worked with a lad who sang cant stand gravy for constant craving by KD lang and my friend years ago thought the new kids on the block where singing frigging tough made me chuckle

ABBA - Chiquitita...
Replace every Chiquitita with Chicken Tikka 🥲

AFI - Miss Murder. "Hey miss murder can I?"
Was "hey miss my liking eye" 🥲
haha I do that with Chiqutita even though I know its wrong it makes me chuckle, my husband thinks im so predictable when I hear that

in Lordes song I sang and you can call me green bean

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

OoglyBoogly

Chatty Member
When I was a kid, I used to sing along to Seven Wonders by Fleetwood Mac and utter the immortal line "I'll never live to mash potatoes again" ! I never wondered why the next line was "the rainbow's edge"!

My youngest once asked me to sing all the words to "Water Bus" - I was completely stumped but got her to hum it and it was in fact "One of Us" by ABBA!

• Haha

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
Sacrifice by Elton John. My sister and I both thought the lyrics were 'cocoa hot, was done by you'. Its actually 'cold cold heart, hard done by you'.

We just thought he was reminiscing about the time he used to get hot cocoa made for him. We both found out at the exact same time only last year that we'd been singing it wrong all these years.
i thought, until about 10 seconds ago, that it was coco heart .........oh dear

• Haha

nbt

VIP Member
An old song called Here Comes the Hotstepper by Ini Kamoze

Here comes the hot stepper, murderer
I'm the lyrical gangster, murderer
Pick up the crew in-a de area, murderer
Still love you like that, murderer

I thought it was ' here comes the hotstepper, turn it up, I'm a lyrical gangster turn it up' until I found out years later 'turn it up' was in fact 'murderer' 🤦
I never knew it was murderer?! I just sing “here comes the hotstepper derderder” 😂

• Haha

SwimmingPigs

Chatty Member
"I don't wear make up on first dates, cos who I am is enough"
"I don't wear make up on Thursdays, cos who I am is enough" (Jess Glynne - Thursday)

"Blah blah blah Starbucks lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane"
"Got a long list of ex-lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane" (Blank Space - Taylor Swift)

"Cocoa heart, hot done by you"
"Cold, cold heart, hardened by you" (Sacrifice - Elton John)

• Haha

LittleMy

VIP Member
Thong Song by Sisqo. There’s a part where he sings “I like it when the beat goes...” and I always thought he was saying “I like your little billy goat.” 😂 fs. I still sing it like that.

• Haha

Bogwoppit

VIP Member
Jason Deluro song ‘want to want me’ I always think he sings ‘I’ve got the shits on the floor’

• Haha
When I was a child I heard that old song about LS Lowry that starts with "he painted Salford's smoky tops on cardboard boxes from the shops." I heard it as "on cardboard boxes from Aldershot" (I lived not far from Aldershot at the time.) I didn't know who the song was about and just imagined someone sitting in Aldershot with a telescope looking all the way up to Salford :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

coconochanel

VIP Member
Robbie Williams Rock DJ I used to sing 'Houston do you hear me brother joe can you feel me' Instead of 'Houston do you hear me ground control can you feel me' :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness

"Telephone wires above are sizzling like a snail".

It's "snare".

• Haha

Keet

Chatty Member
My friends husband always used to think Stevie wonder sang “happy birthday, junior” instead of “happy birthday to you”

• Haha

Neonmoon

Don’t go Jason waterfalls 😂 is what I’ve always said but according to the husband it’s chasing waterfalls

• Haha

Tommyb

Chatty Member
Shania twain ' men's shirts, hort skirt' I heard ' men should wear skirts'

Cheryl Cole ' I don't need a parachute' I heard as ' I don't need a pair of shoes'

"My love has got no money he's got his strong beliefs' I heard as ' my love has got no money he's got his trumbalece'

• Haha

Cinders91

ABBA - Chiquitita...
Replace every Chiquitita with Chicken Tikka 🥲

AFI - Miss Murder. "Hey miss murder can I?"
Was "hey miss my liking eye" 🥲

• Haha

Laur91

VIP Member
My dad used to think Madonna’s Isla Bonita had lyric “young girl with eyes like pooooootaaaaaatoes”

😂😂
hahaha I think I had most of the lyrics wrong to this song when I was younger!! Instead of ‘this is where I long to be, La Isla Bonita’ I used to sing ‘this is where I long to be, la is la for meee taaaaa’

• Haha

newtoyou

VIP Member
Kylie - can’t get you out of my head, “there’s a dark secret in me”

I thought it was “there’s a dog, see red in me”

• Haha