Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

no-no

VIP Member
Burn a bip ‘n ‘a Cotton Eye Joe.

aka

If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe.

Thought it was just gobbledegook.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

GlitteryKitten

Chatty Member
That 90s song Mr Vain by Culture Beat...as a child, I thought she was saying "Calling Mr Vader" instead of "Calling Mr Raider" 😂

• Haha

justonemorepage

VIP Member
All these years I thought Amy Winehouse was saying "fuck my head with superman" in Tears Dry on their Own but she's actually saying "Not fuck myself in the head with stupid men" which obviously makes more sense 🤦‍♀️

• Haha

Loubywoobywoo

Chatty Member
Mine was Dancing Queen: you’re adhesive, you turn him on instead of “you’re a teaser”. Made sense to 8/10 year-old me, as adhesive is sticky and if you’re into someone you want them to get close to you and not leave!

• Haha

Lord Voldemort

For an embarrassingly long time, I thought Fall Out Boy's Sugar, We're Going Down lyrics said: "tonight, I'm watching YouTube from the closet" when infact it's: "tonight, I'm watching you two from the closet" 🥴
To be fair Patrick hardly has the best diction, can't tell what he's singing most the time! 😂😂

• Haha

MilkAndTwoSugars

VIP Member
I just realised tonight that Jason Derulos song is called "Savage Love" when I thought it was "Selfish Love".

Not funny, but thought I'd share anyways xx

MilkAndTwoSugars

VIP Member
For the past 22 years i’ve gotten a lyric to ‘When i grow up - Pussy Cat Dolls’ wrong. It blew my mind.
i always thought it was “when i grow up, i want to be famous, i want to be a star, i want to have boobies” BUT ITS NOT. ITS GROUPIES.
I legit thought it was "I wanna be in movies" 😲

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I always thought the Meghan Trainor song was "I'm all about that bass, no trouble" til my husband pointed out it was actually "no treble".

• Haha

Blurp

VIP Member
Bob Marley, "Is This Love". The line is actually "with a roof right over our heads". I can never hear anything but a roof rack.

• Haha

Al Fresco

VIP Member
Killer Queen - She keeps her Moët and Chandon in a pretty cabinet.

So she didn’t keep a mower and shovel in there then?
What is it with me and Queen? Sang along to Bohemian Rhapsody on the radio today and still changed it from “I sometimes wish I’d never been born at all” to “ I sometimes wish I’d never been boiled in oil”.🥴

• Haha

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
My boyfriend thought the lyrics to spice girls spice up your life when they sing “Hai Si Ja Hold tight” was “taxi ride, hold tight”. So I googled it to show him and he said me and google where wrong! 🙄😣😑 don’t think so pal, I grew up singing that song.

• Haha
Tracey Chapman “Baby can I hold you”

Instead of “maybe if I told you the right words, at the right time, you’d be mine” ...... I sang (god honestly it’s so embarrassing)

“Maybe if I told you the right words, oh in the light , Orangutang” - I DONT KNOW WHY. I just did.

• Haha

cowtastrophe

Chatty Member
I heard the Lizzo song Good as Hell as played at Glastonbury and I spent the morning walking around singing ‘air drop, check my mails’ before my husband finally asked me what the hell i was singing. Turns out it‘s ‘hair toss, check my nails’.

• Haha

Keet

Chatty Member
Meatloaf , bat out if hell “on cilla black’s phantom bike” instead of “on a silverback phantom bike”

• Haha

JodieGreen123

VIP Member
Robbie Williams - Rock DJ. I’ve genuinely been singing ‘Jewish men can you hear me?’ Instead of Huston which obviously makes far more sense 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4

OoglyBoogly

Chatty Member
When I was a kid, I used to sing "there's a baboon on the right" to Credeence Clearwater Revival's Bad Moon Rising.

• Haha

emerald

VIP Member
He's The Greatest Dancer by Sister Sledge... "I wonder why he's the greatest dancer" instead of "oh what, oh wow, he's the greatest dancer". I still think my version is better. 😂

• Haha