Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nopenopenopejustno

Until last year I thought the line “Jackie’s in the elevator” in Aerosmith’s love in an elevator was “shagging in the elevator”. Much prefer my version and still sing it 😂

when my daughter was little she used to sing “oooh you’re a sexy fridge” to David guetta sexy bitch, still take the piss out of her for it now
It's not "shagging in the elevator"?! Oh well, like you, I'll forget about Jackie and continue our version 🤣

nbt

VIP Member
Adele - When we were young...

“My god this reminds me, of when we were young” NOT “my darkness reminds me...”

Only discovered this on Sunday.

PenelopePitstop

VIP Member
Danny Wilson Mary’s Prayer

😁😁😁

So if I say save me, save me
people lie to my eyes,
and if I say ten Hail Marys
People lie down in heaven for me

The actual lyrics

So if I say save me, save me
Be the light in my eyes
And if I say ten Hail Mary's
Leave a light on in heaven for me

Babyface- Everytime I close my Eyes...

- And every time I think of it, I pinch myself 'cause

-And everytime I think of it, I piss myself

My mom bought this on cassette back in the day lol have always thought the lyrics to be the latter:LOL:

OhFFS

I have genuinely learned so much from this thread - including the need to practice pelvic floor exercises😂😂😂😳
Looking at you Sidewinder lyrics! How is it not Jamaica??
Spicegirls Hai Si Ja - I've never mis-sung the lyrics but had no idea what it meant.
Absolutely no idea that 'praise you' wasn't sung by FBS.

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
About 10-15 years ago there was a dance track with the chorus:-

"Keep on pushing harder,
Keep on pushing it harder"

Makes sense for a dance track yeah?

My friends mum was convinced the REAL chorus was :-

"Keep on pushing Arthur,
Keep on pushing King Arthur"

She wasn't taking the piss. She thought we were winding her up when we pointed out her error. I admire the mind that thought the whole King Arthur thing made perfect sense!

NikkiDeeW

Chatty Member
Oldie but a goodie. “There it is” by Shalimar.... Ferret Ears....😂
Go on sing it, you wont ever sing “ There it is” again!!!

In Drag Me Down by One Direction, I always thought it was, “the shell of a mannequin that could never be his best”. It’s actually “the shell of a man that could never be his best”.

atiekay7

Me and my partner love mondegreens!! Personal favourites… so last year or so my grandma thought she was cool for learning ‘songs in the charts’ and would sing Anne Marie’s “shower the horse I’m done” (ciao adios I’m done) and Rita Ora “watermelon yeah” (wanna belong uh)

HinchythetwattyGrinchy

Hospital Beds by Cold War Kids. Always thought it was “we are not fish and chips” until my brother corrected me. It’s actually “Vietnam fishing trips” 😂

coconochanel

VIP Member
Rihanna SOS I've always sang 'I'm naughty got me looking for the rest of me' when its 'I'm lost you got me looking for the rest of me'🤭