Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wearedoomed

I always thought the Stranglers were singing “Better watch out for the Scoobies” rather than “the skin deep”.

Oh and the missus thought that Hot Chocolate were singing “I believe in milko “, what the fuck is a milko I asked her.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
David Bowie's Let's Dance sounds like he's singing 'LES DENNIS' 🤣
I can never see Les Dennis without thinking that his wife shagged Bob the Builder behind his back. My husband, for some explicable reason fancies the arse off Amanda Holden. He was shocked. Apparently he never knew. He thinks he might be in with a chance now 😂

• Haha

sugarytea

' Blue' by Joni Mitchell, literally my favourite song to listen to, especially if I need a cry😅 theres a line in it that always throws me off tho which sounds like 'Lots of Ass' which i always like to sing a long to - melodramatically

Neonmoon

Whenever mr neonmoon listens to sound of silence disturbed version… I always sing like a casserole instead of Silence like a cancer grows 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha

Spacemonkey1972

VIP Member
Only a little 1 but I found out today that for 40+ years I’ve been singing the Men at Work song Down Under wrong
I thought it was “buying bread from a man in Brazil”
Nope it’s “buying bread from a man in Brussels”
It so sounds like Brazil 🤣

• Haha

Marylou

VIP Member
Don't know who sings it but it goes ... "Oo Oo Oo Oo Oo I wish it for you" and I hear I will shit for you.

The Beatles Paperback Writer - Take a right back turn.

I'm really bad with artists but the song "I need dollar, dollar, dollar is all I need, I thought he was colour blind and needed colour.

My youngest son used to wonder why Adele chased cavemen.

Joel Corry's song lyrics omg omg sound like Trevor hotdog 😂

I'm sure there are more but I've embarrassed myself enough for now.

KINGAA

VIP Member
Two JLO ones for me

“Dance the night away, Live your life and stay young on the floor” I didn’t know until recently it was Young I thought the song was “Dance the night away, Live your life and stay OUT on the floor”

and, I’m Real which is at the very beggining of the song. I thought she was saying “are you Ellie?” again recently found out it’s “R U L E” for Ja Rule hahahah!

• Haha
  • Heart
Showing my age but Cliff Richard ‘wired for sound’ I thought it was ‘I like tall people I like small people’
Thought he was just being inclusive. It’s actually speakers..not people. Wondered my my other half used to cry laughing when I sang it

Oh the Britney 1. I’ve just realised I’ve been singing it wrong. I thought it was ‘toxic gums slipping under’. Never made sense but just went with it. Oops
My mum is a massive Cliff fan so I grew up loving his music. I used to repeatedly watch the Some People video. That had Wired for Sound on it amongst others. I used to mangle so many lyrics. For years I though the words to Carrie were "the young wear their freedom like keepers fuel" rather than cheap perfume as it really is. It doesn't even make sense!

As a vaguely amusing aside I once sang Saviours Day at some talent thing that was tagged on the end of a pantomime. I'm tone deaf so I didn't win. Pretty sure I nailed the lyrics though 👌😆

• Haha

HelloStereo

VIP Member
In the song Feel It by The Tamperer ft Maya

I thought it said "what's she gonna look like when I shimmy on her". It actually says "What's she gonna look like with a chimney on her?"

Also Mousse T's Horny. In my younger and more innocent days I used to think she said "honey" and not "horny".

PumpkinKing

Chatty Member
Until last year I thought the line “Jackie’s in the elevator” in Aerosmith’s love in an elevator was “shagging in the elevator”. Much prefer my version and still sing it 😂

when my daughter was little she used to sing “oooh you’re a sexy fridge” to David guetta sexy bitch, still take the piss out of her for it now

• Haha

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
I had a friend who thought it was "you might as well face it you're a dick with a glove" and was a stab at MJ... instead of Addicted to Love
When John Peel was hosting a live edition of TOTP alongside Janice Long when this song was in the charts in 1986, John deliberately called it ‘A Dickhead In Love’

• Haha

mermaidexoxo

When I was about 10 I thought “Fighter” by Christina Aguilera was actually singing ‘Wider’ and used sing along -

“Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
Makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me WIDER”

• Haha

Inforapenny

Chatty Member
Not really misunderstood but when my friend pointed this out I can't unhear it.
Jason Derulo want to want me
"It's too hot to sleep
I got the sheets on the floor" actually sounds like
"It's too hot to sleep
I got the shits on the floor"

• Haha

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
An old song called Here Comes the Hotstepper by Ini Kamoze

Here comes the hot stepper, murderer
I'm the lyrical gangster, murderer
Pick up the crew in-a de area, murderer
Still love you like that, murderer

I thought it was ' here comes the hotstepper, turn it up, I'm a lyrical gangster turn it up' until I found out years later 'turn it up' was in fact 'murderer' 🤦
I always thought it was turn it up! Just had to goggle it as was convinced you were wrong lol!

• Haha