Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nbt

VIP Member
hahaha oh no I thought it was ‘I like it when your booty go’ so I had that one wrong too!!
What, it’s not?! I’ve also just asked my other half what he thinks the lyrics are and he said the same 😂😂🍑

• Haha
Reactions: 6

sarahboo

Christina Aguilera ‘Dirty’. My sister used to sing the very beginning when he says ‘too dirty to clean my act up’ she used to say ‘too dirty to clean my bathtub’ I can’t ever unhear that 😂
Hahaha I used to sing 'too dirty to clean my abdomen' never did make sense til I learned it was act up last year 🤣

• Haha
My husband thinks Bob Marley ‘No woman no cry’ is ‘No woman no child’. Makes me laugh every time I mean... the clues in the name of the song right?!

• Haha

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
The song need you now by lady A when she signs " said I wouldn't call, but I lost all control and I need you now" I thought was " said I wouldn't call, but I've the control and I need you now" I felt heard! Lol

My son is 8 and is convinced Nirvana's smells like teen spirits is about potatoes! He sings "here we are now, entertain us, I fell stupid i love potatoes"

• Haha

LittleMy

VIP Member
Some of these are pure gold. I’ll be singing them your way every time I hear them now. 🤣

• Haha

Monkeybum

VIP Member
Little Mix - Shout out to my ex, I thought the next line was ‘you’re really crap in bed’. It is in fact ‘you’re really quite the man’! 🙈
😂😂 I used to sing 'you are a fucking mess'

Which is probably more of a reflection on my ex than anything else

• Haha

BasilRathbon

In U2's "Where The Streets Have No Name " I was convinced that in the chorus Bonio sang "We're still building that Birmingham love" but apparently the official lyric is " We're still building then burning down love".

Shame really, I thought he was quite fond of Brummies.

• Haha

under the ivy

VIP Member
I always sing ‘smoother than a fresh shaved kitty’ whenever I hear Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk (it’s meant to be Smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy), don’t know why 😂

• Haha

Marcinabolan

The first line of Carribean Queen sounds like ‘She touched my meat in painted on jeans.’ I’m sure that’s not the lyrics but I can’t hear anything else!! 😂

• Haha

Melian

VIP Member
Apparently Natalie Imbruglia isn't singing "Colin I'm ashamed lying naked on the floor". She's singing "I'm cold and ashamed lying naked on the floor"

• Haha

Sea

VIP Member
Not misheard lyrics per se but I prefer what I "hear"

ABC:

When Smokey sings I feel violence

• Haha

comment on life

Sum 41- Still Waiting

Actual Lyrics- "So am I still waiting for this world to stop hating"

My version - "So am I still waiting for this rotiserating".

The answer was in the bloody title of the song!!! Apparently I was convinced the band were waiting for their cooked chicken to be ready 🤦‍♀️

• Haha

coconochanel

VIP Member
Eminem's without me I always sing 'this looks like on top of me' :ROFLMAO: when it is actually 'this looks like a job for me'

• Haha

nbt

VIP Member
When I first heard Old Town Road I thought he was singing “gonna take my hoes to the hotel room”

My sister then told me it was “horse” which confused me even more because why would he be taking horses to his hotel room??

Got laughed at a lot for that one 😂
When does the horse (or hoes?!) get taken to the hotel room? Don’t they just get taken to the old town road? 😂

I’ve just thought of another. At the start of Saturday Night by Whigfield, my child asked “why are there ducks quacking?”

Listen to it and you’ll see... 😂🦆

Last edited:
  • Haha

GlitteryKitten

Chatty Member
I was maybe 9 years old when Cry Me A River by Justin Timberlake came out. The part Timbaland sings ("The damage is done, so I guess I'll be leaving") was misheard as "Chubby cheese bum, so I guess I'm bulimic" by my dumbass self 🤡

• Haha

hypoharpy

Kenny Rogers-Lucille

I thought the line was '400 children and a crop in the fields ' when it's really 4 hungry children.
I thought they were running an orphanage........??

• Haha
When that Elton John singing in his garden video went viral my husband said "Well, he's never been clear to me anyway I thought he was singing "I'm Still Standing.... Better Than An Elephant" until I saw the subtitles on vh1 when I was about 19"

It's a shame when it happens to someone you love, isn't it? :LOL:

• Haha